Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: merge shottx, December 16, 2012, 5:24pm
for me its a no brainer ,coulson scored more goals (important ones as well) more assists ,generally in my opinion a better player ? seems 2 me colbeck has bad attitude ,continually frustrates the managers and doesnt do enough for me ,cant beleive we let coulson go if colbeck was lined up as his replacement???
Posted by: BIGChris, December 16, 2012, 5:32pm; Reply: 1
Colbeck because he is our player and Coulson isn't! It really is that simple IMO

Coulson wanted to play in the FL again and wanted more money. Good luck to him, sorry about his injury BUT we need to get behind the players we have
Posted by: GyMariner, December 16, 2012, 5:40pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from BIGChris
Colbeck because he is our player and Coulson isn't! It really is that simple IMO

Coulson wanted to play in the FL again and wanted more money. Good luck to him, sorry about his injury BUT we need to get behind the players we have

Very true, colbeck has done well on the whole, look what a bit of encouragement does to players, take cook for example, or even s.pearson. Lets get behind our team!
Posted by: chaos33, December 16, 2012, 5:44pm; Reply: 3
Tend to agree with BC. Colbeck has done quite well generally I think, if you excuse his stupid error on Saturday. He's not very consistent, but then neither was Coulson, who, for me, was often no better than average most of the time anyway.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 16, 2012, 6:02pm; Reply: 4
For me colbeck had not done much apart from give the ball away and get sent off...

Everytime i have seen him he has been the weak link.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 16, 2012, 6:24pm; Reply: 5
Colbeck just hasn't been good enough for me. Under performed, and just all round disappointment.

But there's no point dwelling on past players etc, just support the ones we have at the minute although I'd be fining him massively for yesterday.
Posted by: chaos33, December 16, 2012, 6:33pm; Reply: 6
Think one or two of you are being a bit harsh.  Colbeck has done ok surely. Not brilliant but not bad. Played his part in a few goals and assists. I guess it's the quality and consistency of his crossing that needs work. Does this mean that, since his petulant sending off on Saturday, some will make him their 'boo boy' ?
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 16, 2012, 6:38pm; Reply: 7
I have to agree with those that don't rate Colbeck, to be honest I haven't been that impressed since he signed apart from the odd game. He struggles to get past defenders and also struggles to get in many decent crosses. As for that sending off, a pretty brainless challenge when already booked

Looking back to the Tamworth game, three loan players were substituted for three contracted players and none of those that came on are as good as those loaned which is a worry if they all go back.
Posted by: we will return, December 16, 2012, 6:46pm; Reply: 8
I think it was the Mansfield game where he looked a very good player, but other than that he's only been ok, not terrible but nothing special. I think its unfair though to say he has a bad attitude purely because he got sent off.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 16, 2012, 6:58pm; Reply: 9
I can't fault Colbeck's effort. He has a little bit of pace, but his delivery is poor. Is he better than Coulson? Probably not but is Coulson a right winger?
Posted by: aaron rattray, December 16, 2012, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
Coulson just didnt take the players on, colbeck does or at least he tries to
Posted by: Abdul19, December 16, 2012, 7:53pm; Reply: 11
Colbeck is alright, but he's not as good as Coulson, which is probably reflected in their wages.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 16, 2012, 8:08pm; Reply: 12
Colbeck sometimes gets decent quick crosses in which is rare for town players most of our wingers usually mess about a bit too much when they get to the corner, he's more of a classic old fashioned kind of winger, has seemed alright to me maybe him being out for a bit and then coming back on saturday and doing whatever he did (I wasn't there I was working) has distorted peoples opinions?
Posted by: Silencio, December 16, 2012, 8:36pm; Reply: 13
From what I understand it was £50 a week that was the difference between Coulson staying and not staying. The amount of goals and assists he gets he is worth that extra a day
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 16, 2012, 9:13pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from BIGChris

That is not strictly true is it? He wanted the same money. That being said I think colbeck is getting a hard time when I think he is more than adequate for this division and has had some good games.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 16, 2012, 10:02pm; Reply: 15
Coulson every day.
Quality player who is another casualty of the cult of S&H. (they'll learn)
Posted by: moosey_club, December 16, 2012, 10:16pm; Reply: 16
Colbeck, has pace, backs up his full back all day long and does not pull out of tackles..Coulson is almost like Thanoj is now...out of place in the system we now play and the characteristics the managers want.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), December 16, 2012, 11:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Coulson every day.
Quality player who is another casualty of the cult of S&H. (they'll learn)

The cult of s&h? What's that exactly? Balancing the books and getting in quality players that care and work for their place?

They will learn from who? Woods or newell?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 16, 2012, 11:57pm; Reply: 18
The my way or the highway erm way. From the off they never seemed the get Coulson. If you upset them or don't quite fit in, then you are out. Now they are being successful so I'm not going to knock them too much, but sometimes they've got a bit to learn. Scott having a go at the fans last year after his formation 433, cost us the game vs Darlo being a prime example.

Be ruthless, but do it with some grace.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), December 17, 2012, 12:09am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
The my way or the highway erm way. From the off they never seemed the get Coulson. If you upset them or don't quite fit in, then you are out. Now they are being successful so I'm not going to knock them too much, but sometimes they've got a bit to learn. Scott having a go at the fans last year after his formation 433, cost us the game vs Darlo being a prime example.

Be ruthless, but do it with some grace.

Don't see what they have done wrong at all. No fan knows exactly what went on behind closed doors. They have developed a very strong squad of players that seem to care about the club and have got us up to second in the league. In my eyes that means no one should be criticising their approaches.
Posted by: LukeyJ, December 17, 2012, 12:11am; Reply: 20
I think Coulson was one of our highest paid players. For example if Coulson was on £1500 and refused £1200 yet Colbeck is on £800, you could see why that choice would be made.

We don't know the facts, so we can't comment. Obviously Coulson is a better player but quality is not the only factor in this. If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Does anyone have assists stats for this season? I know Colbeck has multiple assists. I'd like to see the facts on this but I think he is somewhat underated and unforunately is behind 2 better/in form players. No shame in that.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 17, 2012, 12:19am; Reply: 21
Quoted from LukeyJ
I think Coulson was one of our highest paid players. For example if Coulson was on £1500 and refused £1200 yet Colbeck is on £800, you could see why that choice would be made.

We don't know the facts, so we can't comment. Obviously Coulson is a better player but quality is not the only factor in this. If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Does anyone have assists stats for this season? I know Colbeck has multiple assists. I'd like to see the facts on this but I think he is somewhat underated and unforunately is behind 2 better/in form players. No shame in that.

According to the offical site colbeck so far has 2 goals and 5 assists, more assists than anyone. Also im thinking they might not be counting corners and free kicks as assists because I would've thought that would be higher and im almost certain scott neilsen would have more than 3 assists.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), December 17, 2012, 12:21am; Reply: 22
Quoted from LukeyJ

Exactly. The fans never have and never will know all the facts That goes wth squad selections, contracts, transfers etc...

That makes arguments over which player is best pointless as we only know half of it, at best.
Posted by: TAGG, December 17, 2012, 12:41am; Reply: 23
Quoted from merge shottx
for me its a no brainer ,coulson scored more goals (important ones as well) more assists ,generally in my opinion a better player ? seems 2 me colbeck has bad attitude ,continually frustrates the managers and doesnt do enough for me ,cant beleive we let coulson go if colbeck was lined up as his replacement???

Coulson is a class player. Hes gone up the league and Colbeck has come down.

What evidence do you have for Colbeck having a bad attitude???
How do you know he 'continually frustrates the managers???  Do you go and watch training or are you in the dressing room????
When I have seen Colbeck play he has seemed to give 100% but hes just not that good.  
Posted by: oldun, December 17, 2012, 9:24am; Reply: 24
I seem to remember plenty of people having a go at Coulson before he left, questioning why he was almost always in the team. Memories are short and the old days always seem the best. Anyway it is history, just get behind the players who are wearing the shirt now.
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 17, 2012, 9:30am; Reply: 25
Colbeck has the ability and pace to go past his full back, but his final delivery is really poor, most deliveries being cut out by the defender at the front post. Why we've got him taking corners is beyond me.
He's ok at this level but definately would need to look elsewhere when we get promoted.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 17, 2012, 9:50am; Reply: 26
Quoted from 3610

The cult of s&h? What's that exactly? Balancing the books and getting in quality players that care and work for their place?

They will learn from who? Woods or newell?

In what way?

Posted by: 3610 (Guest), December 17, 2012, 10:45am; Reply: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

In what way?

The budget is reducing. They got the higher earners of the books and replaced them with younger hungrier players Mckeown for Arthur, Pearson for kempson as examples.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, December 17, 2012, 10:51am; Reply: 28
Quoted from LukeyJ
If you can get multiple good players for the wage of 1, it is a good decision.

Couldn't agree more.

Posted by: arryarryarry, December 17, 2012, 10:58am; Reply: 29
Quoted from 3610

The budget is reducing. They got the higher earners of the books and replaced them with younger hungrier players Mckeown for Arthur, Pearson for kempson as examples.

Neither Arthur or Kempson would have been kept on whoever was manager so they aren't down to the current managers.

Posted by: lowerfindus, December 17, 2012, 11:25am; Reply: 30
Colbeck is a poor player. He has been shown up by the two proper wide players we have on loan. He isnt fit to clean their boots. He should have  a look at how Marshall and Nielson get past players and the quality of the crosses they put in not too mention their finishing.  He could learn a lot.

A simple one trick pony. Not good enough if we are serious about promotion.

And don't forget he was the only wide player we got in this summer.
Posted by: biggles9999, December 17, 2012, 11:27am; Reply: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

Neither Arthur or Kempson would have been kept on whoever was manager so they aren't down to the current managers.

Can you be sure that no other manager would have kept them in?

Kempson was H&S's captain for a while so they clearly where planning to keep him at one point.
Posted by: aaron rattray, December 17, 2012, 12:53pm; Reply: 32
Colbeck is suited to a mid table BSP team, he is a perfect replacement if Marshall or neilson isn't playing, he is relatively skillfull hes quite quick hes clever and he helps out in defence aswell, hes got an eye for goal, and i think hes not bad
Posted by: gtfc98, December 17, 2012, 1:08pm; Reply: 33
Colbeck, Coulson is injured so it's a no brainer.
Posted by: 3Fish3Lions, December 17, 2012, 9:48pm; Reply: 34
In my eyes Colbeck isn't a winger and never should've been a winger. He hardly ever beats his man, and on the rare occasion he does his delivery is poor. The best you can hope when he gets the ball out wide is a corner. Marshall and Neilsen are far better players, with a lot more end product.  
Posted by: I believe in Cod, December 17, 2012, 11:23pm; Reply: 35
Coulson all day long no brainer
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 1:52pm