UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from winston
On the Lincoln board  Posted 17/12/2012 18:40
#451249 - in reply to #451047
Subject: Re: Are the Cods a big club or NOT!       

94 Jimmy Grummett snr

I contacted Steve Prescott earlier via email and this was his response. I highly recommend that Grimsby fans do not enter the home ends...

Hi Ross many thanks for your email.

I do appreciate your concerns, and I can confirm that we are working very closely with Grimsby Town FC (GTFC) and the Lincolnshire Police to ensure that all fans are able to enjoy the game in a safe and comfortable environment.

We have issued tickets to GTFC for the maximum number of seats that we can make available to their supporters, after allocating sterile areas for segregation purposes. If we were to issue any more tickets to them we would have to ask LCFC Season Ticket holders to move seats, which would not be acceptable to them.

We are aware that some GTFC fans have stated on messageboards that they may try and access home areas of the ground, and this is an issue that both clubs take very seriously. GTFC have reminded their supporters that the game is ‘all ticket’ for away fans, and have stated that if any GTFC fans are found guilty of accessing home supporters areas at Sincil Bank, they will be subjected to a banning order at Blundell Park. GTFC have also agreed to send down some of their stewards to work as spotters, and to work closely with LCFC Stewards and the Police to ensure spectator safety inside and outside the stadium.

I hope you do come to the game, enjoy a great atmosphere and of course an Imps win !

Best wishes

Steve Prescott

Anyone Grimsby fans caught in the Lincoln home end will face a banning order at Blundell Park

Read more: http://www.lincoln.vitalfootba.....sts=68#ixzz2FL1vWySi

Buuuuuuuuuuuullshit

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
codcheeky
December 17, 2012, 8:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from moosey_club
Without involving any emotion, difficult where footy is concerned but try....
We have been allocated tickets and seats for the game...they have all been sold...therefore if you do not have a ticket you should not travel. Simple.

Anybody who does not understand that is not only risking there own safety but the safety of others, as football is tribal and they are despite their denial local rivals, any isolated supporters may be targeted by an element of the Lincoln crowd. It is about crowd safety.

People cannot turn upto the game, go in home stands and should they experience trouble blame LCFC or Lincs Police for not giving more seats, the issue would lie directly with any persons ignoring the statements and advice issued. Fact.

IMO GTFC have c0cked up here with their selling arrangements, allowing ST holders two bites of the cherry and letting them hoover up at least 3 each has exacberated if not created the scenario now being contemplated by those who have missed out.

Agree absolutely with this, I am disappointed to miss this game, going to mansfield instead, a big part of away games is meeting up with mates and having a few beers & cheering on the town together
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
marinerian
December 17, 2012, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Rubbish, they will have 4000 seats empty for God sake

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Quagmire
December 17, 2012, 9:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
I'm pretty certain it's not an offence to have a ticket / sit in designated 'home' areas as an away fan.

I would think that the offence they would use to eject/arrest anyone would be under Section 5 Public Order (behaviour likely to cause distress) if you were to celebrate a goal / join in with GTFC songs etc.  I highly doubt GTFC would ban anyone for sitting in the home areas at Sincil Bank.

Unfortunately our footy liaison 'officer' appears to be someone who relishes seeing as many Town fans banned as possible so there would be the potential that he would push the courts for this if you were arrested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
ska face
December 17, 2012, 9:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,716
Gold Stars: 850
I can see this getting snowed off.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
marinerian
December 17, 2012, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
I can see this getting snowed off.

will it snow on Christmas day? I want to win some cash  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
shotandcursed
December 17, 2012, 10:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Big??? Don't make me laugh  Maybe compared to the likes of Braintree, but who isn't? I recall pathetic gates of 5-6k when they were overachieving in the 2nd tier, and only ever fill Blunders Park on Cup games! Deluded springs  to my minf

Not my words but the words of aryanimp when asked Bout gtfc

What a 3-faced little (unt!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
marinerian
December 17, 2012, 11:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from shotandcursed
Big??? Don't make me laugh  Maybe compared to the likes of Braintree, but who isn't? I recall pathetic gates of 5-6k when they were overachieving in the 2nd tier, and only ever fill Blunders Park on Cup games! Deluded springs  to my minf

Not my words but the words of aryanimp when asked Bout gtfc

What a 3-faced little (unt!

Aryan knows intercourse all about football, we know it, his mates know it and even he knows it. Those 5-6k gates were clearly under quoted, I remember a game against Barnsley, hardly a seat speare and they claimed 6k  

I thought he followed Manchesters Fake plastic reserves now?

Now the over acheiving..... to get into such a position you have to have aheived that, when was the last time Lincoln made it above the 3rd tier?  

I also heard a rumour that he asked his Grimsby chums if he could come to some Town games, they gave him a slap with a harry Haddock and said NO!  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Marinerz93
December 17, 2012, 11:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Just think, Lincoln will miss all the ticket money from us next season, they should capitalise while the going is good  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
Super Clive
December 18, 2012, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Pathetic
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln away tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.