This thread currently has 4,333 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 16, 2012, 8:02am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Ebbsfleet centre-half Patrick Ada has been jailed for 5 years for a rape which happened in March. He was arguably their best player when we played their the other week. I didn't realise he had that charge hanging over his head.

From the piece in the NLP this morning it seems like he's just another arrogant footballer who think he can do whatever he wants.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
December 16, 2012, 8:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Very lucky he wasn't on remand...that's gonna hit them hard.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Super Clive
December 16, 2012, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Sounds like another gangsta wannabe rapist footballer. Disgusts me.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
December 16, 2012, 9:47am
Guest User
It's strange how they are almost always black. Or am I not allowed to mention the obvious?
Reply: 3 - 35
Super Clive
December 16, 2012, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Indeed bp although ched Evans wasn't.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Super Clive
December 16, 2012, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Isn't rather than wasn't
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
STB
December 16, 2012, 10:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Super Clive
Isn't rather than wasn't

Apparently he is black now; got converted while in prison.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
bradzmilne
December 16, 2012, 10:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Scumbag.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Super Clive
December 16, 2012, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from STB

Apparently he is black now; got converted while in prison.

That was also my thinking.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Meza
December 16, 2012, 10:04am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 50
I don't know the full story but as a footballer you have to be careful, who's to say she gave him consent but then cried rape.  Oh well you live and learn.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
rancido
December 16, 2012, 12:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,678
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Meza
I don't know the full story but as a footballer you have to be careful, who's to say she gave him consent but then cried rape. Oh well you live and learn.

It's that kind of statement that has no place in this world. Rape is a most horrendous crime and can never be treated with this kind of attitude. As you say " I don't know the full story " therefore you have no justification at all in coming out with the statement you did. The courts do know the full story and found him guilty. He deserves all he's got coming to him and if it was up to me it would be more.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
STB
December 16, 2012, 12:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from rancido

It's that kind of statement that has no place in this world. Rape is a most horrendous crime and can never be treated with this kind of attitude. As you say " I don't know the full story " therefore you have no justification at all in coming out with the statement you did. The courts do know the full story and found him guilty. He deserves all he's got coming to him and if it was up to me it would be more.

Superb post.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
voice of reason
December 16, 2012, 1:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from rancido

Jeez, I actually agree with you for once... Well said Rancido, get a grip Mezza, ffs...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Abdul19
December 16, 2012, 3:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Les Brechin

From the piece in the NLP this morning it seems like he's just another arrogant footballer who think he can do whatever he wants.

I doubt he was a perfectly rounded individual who suddenly became seduced by the money and bright lights brought on by a move to Ebbsfleet.

Sounds more to me like he's a complete twat, regardless of profession.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
tanga_the_indestructible
December 16, 2012, 3:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 75
It's strange how they are almost always black. Or am I not allowed to mention the obvious?

If you're going to make an inflammatory accusation like that, back it up with facts. To my knowledge there have only been a few convictions - as opposed to arrests - for rape or sexually related offences: Graham Rix, Marlon King and Ched Evans. If you know of any more, please list them.

There are also a disproportionate amount of black people incarcerated in our jails. But then, they're also five times more likely to be arrested, so maybe that has something to do with it....

It just smacks of the casual racism among far too many Grimsby fans, sadly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 16, 2012, 4:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72

If you're going to make an inflammatory accusation like that, back it up with facts. To my knowledge there have only been a few convictions - as opposed to arrests - for rape or sexually related offences: Graham Rix, Marlon King and Ched Evans. If you know of any more, please list them.

There are also a disproportionate amount of black people incarcerated in our jails. But then, they're also five times more likely to be arrested, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Ched evans and clayton mcdonald were both charged with raping the same woman, both admitted to having sex with her but both denied raping her, ched evans got 5 years and clayton mcdonald was aquitted, I dont know why. But shows you can't say that black people are more likely to go down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
December 16, 2012, 5:50pm
Guest User
The UK is becoming a communist state. I'll retain the right to free speech if you don't mind.
Reply: 16 - 35
tanga_the_indestructible
December 16, 2012, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75
The UK is becoming a communist state. I'll retain the right to free speech if you don't mind.

Another statement without any basis in facts. You're quite an expert in the field, aren't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
tanga_the_indestructible
December 16, 2012, 6:06pm
Table Wine Drinker

Ched evans and clayton mcdonald were both charged with raping the same woman, both admitted to having sex with her but both denied raping her, ched evans got 5 years and clayton mcdonald was aquitted, I dont know why. But shows you can't say that black people are more likely to go down

So one acquittal means you have provided some sort of fact-based evidence to the contrary?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
GYinScuntland
December 16, 2012, 6:07pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from 75

To be fair, that right went down the drainpipe long ago. Free speech seems to be fine only if what you speak is accepted by those that have the power to allow it. But intercourse 'em, it's still worth fighting for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
1mickylyons
December 16, 2012, 8:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,406
Gold Stars: 56

You dont suppose the reason so many Blacks are arrested could be anything to do with the Police thinking they are 5 times more likely to have committed a crime in the first place then?Just watch Crimewatch and see the statistics almost every sex attack on there is committed by Black or Asian men yet I suppose that is down to us Whiteys not getting reported and caught by the Police in your eyes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Chrisblor
December 16, 2012, 8:56pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 243
Jesus christ, good job on the casual racism backed up with shitty anecdotal evidence everyone!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
ska face
December 16, 2012, 9:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,902
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You dont suppose the reason so many Blacks are arrested could be anything to do with the Police thinking they are 5 times more likely to have committed a crime in the first place then?Just watch Crimewatch and see the statistics almost every sex attack on there is committed by Black or Asian men yet I suppose that is down to us Whiteys not getting reported and caught by the Police in your eyes?

Or I suppose we could look at some actual facts?

Like the ones I found after 2 minutes on Google showing that, while the majority of BME sex-offenders are serving sentences for crimes against adults (i.e. rape), of the 8106 male sex offenders currently in UK jails, 81.9% are white (http://shura.shu.ac.uk/597/1/fulltext.pdf)
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 16, 2012, 9:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Jesus christ, good job on the casual racism backed up with shitty anecdotal evidence everyone!

Im not racist, im anti political correctness, my point was a bit stupid but the statistic that more black people commit rape could be a real statistic, but you would get called racist for pointing it out in such a debate, but if an anti-white statistic got pointed out by a black man in the same debate it wouldn't be viewed that way.

http://youtu.be/VoikNVzesGc?t=47s Don't listen to anything the media tells you about racism
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 16, 2012, 9:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Or I suppose we could look at some actual facts?

Like the ones I found after 2 minutes on Google showing that, while the majority of BME sex-offenders are serving sentences for crimes against adults (i.e. rape), of the 8106 male sex offenders currently in UK jails, 81.9% are white (http://shura.shu.ac.uk/597/1/fulltext.pdf)

in a country that is 92% white
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
Chrisblor
December 16, 2012, 9:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 243

in a country that is 92% white

yes because clearly that means that rapists are nearly always black as was suggested earlier in this thread

intercourse this message board and the small minded racists that infest it

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 16, 2012, 9:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

yes because clearly that means that rapists are nearly always black as was suggested earlier in this thread

intercourse this message board and the small minded racists that infest it

Didn't say that, just its a pointless statistic to post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Theimperialcoroner
December 16, 2012, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,335
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Chrisblor

Thank you Sir, saved me a job.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
Grimsby2012
December 17, 2012, 1:51am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,461
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from rancido

I'm sorry but i find that Hypocritical of you, you don't really have a right defending a person you don't even know. How do you know she didn't do it with consent and then tried to black mail him for money otherwise she was threatening to say he raped her. No one really knows the truth so i don't really have a strong opinion on 1 then the other. These things have happened before and the woman has come clean later on from pure guilt, Don't shoot down other peoples opinions when you really don't know your self.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
WetFlannel
December 17, 2012, 8:18am
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
To be fair there's a lot of women who cry wolf, play the innocent 'I'm a woman bless me and this horrid man has done x,y and z to me'. There's been occasions of the woman crying rape and a mans entire family and friends disowning him. Then when it comes out she's lied there's still that stigma, once you're brandished a rapist you're forever seen as one regardless as whether you did it or not. Definitely NOT saying that's what's happened here, I know nothing about it and he's been found guilty so who can argue, just saying that the 'this sort of thing has no place' bullshit is exactly why many women play that card, because society still sees all women as innocent angels and all men as horrible brutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
mariner91
December 17, 2012, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Grimsby2012

I'm sorry but i find that Hypocritical of you, you don't really have a right defending a person you don't even know. How do you know she didn't do it with consent and then tried to black mail him for money otherwise she was threatening to say he raped her. No one really knows the truth so i don't really have a strong opinion on 1 then the other. These things have happened before and the woman has come clean later on from pure guilt, Don't shoot down other peoples opinions when you really don't know your self.

He was found guilty in a court of law. If there's a lot of doubt over someone's guilt then they wouldn't be found guilty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Rodley Mariner
December 17, 2012, 9:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,280
Gold Stars: 185
Political correctness gone mad when you can't suggest all rapes are committed by black men without being labelled a racist........

As for free speech Vicar, if you want the right to freely make racist statements then you should probably accept the rest of having the right to point out that they're racist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
TAGG
December 17, 2012, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
This thread has now got to the non-football stage and fooking boring to boot.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
forza ivano
December 17, 2012, 10:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Dan
December 17, 2012, 12:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
The overt racism of several posters on here is well known and documented.

I recommend people enrol here http://www.grimsby.ac.uk/adult/healthAndSocialCare/courseinformation.php?id=186000234490614

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
rancido
December 17, 2012, 12:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,678
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from WetFlannel
To be fair there's a lot of women who cry wolf, play the innocent 'I'm a woman bless me and this horrid man has done x,y and z to me'. There's been occasions of the woman crying rape and a mans entire family and friends disowning him. Then when it comes out she's lied there's still that stigma, once you're brandished a rapist you're forever seen as one regardless as whether you did it or not. Definitely NOT saying that's what's happened here, I know nothing about it and he's been found guilty so who can argue, just saying that the 'this sort of thing has no place' bullshit is exactly why many women play that card, because society still sees all women as innocent angels and all men as horrible brutes.

Only a man from the dark ages could come out with a statement like that. Every case should be looked at individually but to make this sweeping statement is completely unfounded. How many men ply a woman with drinks and then at the end of the night hope to get " their end away "? Over my 64 years I have seen this inumerable times. Rape , in many cases , comes down to one persons word against another.Too many times in the past so few cases went to court because if there was no sign of violence then it was assumed to be consentual. It's not long ago when a man couldn't be found guilty of raping his wife because it was her duty to succumb to him regardless of wether she wanted to or not. I sometimes can't believe the attitude of some men in our so called civilised society.  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Patrick Ada

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.