No Members and 114 Guests

ross hannah

This thread currently has 10,479 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 10:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks for the views in Connell. We've only seen him in bits so far, so it's good to know that behind the promising cameos so far, there may be an even better player in there than we realise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 98
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 17, 2012, 10:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Les Brechin
Some of his goals were fantastic. The late winner away at Eastbourne was probably my favourite. Our goal of the season that year was pretty much the Alan Connell Show even though Rob Eagle won it with his goal from the halfway line at Histon.

He scored some ace lobs, don't understand why swindon and bradford are afraid to give him proper runs in the team he always seems to get 1 or 2 starts then put back on the bench for ages, waste of a good striker in his prime
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 98
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 11:01pm
Coke Drinker

He scored some ace lobs, don't understand why swindon and bradford are afraid to give him proper runs in the team he always seems to get 1 or 2 starts then put back on the bench for ages, waste of a good striker in his prime

As I say he's been unfortunate in that Nakhi Wells has been in fine form. It would be tough to leave him out tbh. And the manager likes to play him off of Hanson - generally it works well.

He's already scored a good lob though. Must be his forte!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 98
forza ivano
December 18, 2012, 9:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,223
Gold Stars: 266
isn't it a joy when a new poster turns up and you can read a sensible, well informed interesting debate? shame it doesn't happen more often

think the thing i liked most about connell was his superb touch. he really was a breath of fresh air for us - the first really good player we'd had for many a long year (with the exceptions of jamie clarke and danny boshell of course!! )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 98
Grim up north
December 18, 2012, 10:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
Great cup win Billy , I was at a wedding with your goalkeeper Duke (he was Hulls keeper at the time) what a top bloke didn't know he had ended up with your lot.Hopefully that win means your loaded and we can keep Ross for free.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 98
wigworld
December 18, 2012, 10:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I hadn't realised Duke was with Bradford either. I'm surprised he's slipped down the leagues so quickly - he was decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 98
Jarmo.Is.God
December 18, 2012, 10:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
@RHannah10 You probably been asked this loads BUT is there chance u will sign for #GTFC permanant if town agree with bc? pleeeeeease ross.

Ross Hannah ‏@RHannah10
@jonnyGTFC Yes mate !!

he wants to stay !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 98
GyMariner
December 18, 2012, 11:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
@RHannah10 You probably been asked this loads BUT is there chance u will sign for #GTFC permanant if town agree with bc? pleeeeeease ross.

Ross Hannah ‏@RHannah10
@jonnyGTFC Yes mate !!

he wants to stay !

I think the players chemistry has really helped this, there always out together with about 5 of them living together.
Seem to get along so well

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 98
Jarmo.Is.God
December 18, 2012, 11:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from GyMariner

I think the players chemistry has really helped this, there always out together with about 5 of them living together.
Seem to get along so well

there is a picture on twitter or ... hearn, both Pearson's, cook, miller, colbeck, hatton, hannah all out for dinner, nice to see
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 98
Billybantam
December 18, 2012, 12:35pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from wigworld
I hadn't realised Duke was with Bradford either. I'm surprised he's slipped down the leagues so quickly - he was decent.

Its a funny one. He joined last season on a free and we were made up - we only had a young lad as our Number 1, so a keeper with premiership experience was just what we needed. And then he was pants! Really poor, his positioning seemed all over the place, he'd never come for crosses and he was beaten by several tame efforts. He went out on loan to Northampton and apparently did well, btu we were all expecting him to leave in the summer. Apparently, he was available, but there were no takers.

He's been much better this season though and his performances in the shoot outs against Wigan and Arsenal have earned him a bit of a cult status.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ross hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.