This thread currently has 10,491 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 10:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from BIGChris

Pretty much as I see it.

His all round game isnt special but he comes alive around the box and has finished well. As he is out of contract in the summer, if I were a betting man, I'd say he will sign permanently for us for about £10k and a bonus if we are promoted.

Interesting that you've picked up on a similar vein in terms of his playing style. I don't think there's much difference in quality between L2 and the BSP, so I think he'd be capable of getting goals in League 2 as well. But he'd only get a game for us in place of Nakhi Wells which isn't going to happen. I was actually suprised that we offered him a new contract in the summer. If it weren't for the money we are in line to make after beating Arsenal, I could see him coming back to us until next summer, but I think he's had enough of spending time on the bench. The only thing hat might throw a spanner in the works from your point of view would be if another L2 side came in - there have been a few rumours of Morecambe showing an interest, but I think you're in he driving seat.

Is Joe Colbeck still with you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 98
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 10:10pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

What's your thoughts on Alan Connell. If you want Hannah back you'll have to give us Connell instead.  

I like him. He's been unfortunate not to get more game time, but our manager likes the little and large partnership of Hanson and Wells. Connell seems to prefer playing deeper - he's got a good touch and awareness of what's around him. He's a clever player, though I don't see him ever bagging a lot of goals. I'd quite like to seem him playing behind Wells, but Parky seems reluctant to try it - he prefers playing with a physical target manlike Hanson. I think he cold play a key role for us in the second half of the season.

I didn't realise he'd been with you. Was that in League 2?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 98
Les Brechin
December 17, 2012, 10:12pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,715
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Billybantam

I like him. He's been unfortunate not to get more game time, but our manager likes the little and large partnership of Hanson and Wells. Connell seems to prefer playing deeper - he's got a good touch and awareness of what's around him. He's a clever player, though I don't see him ever bagging a lot of goals. I'd quite like to seem him playing behind Wells, but Parky seems reluctant to try it - he prefers playing with a physical target manlike Hanson. I think he cold play a key role for us in the second half of the season.

First season in The Conference. Scored 30 goals for us that season before he went to Swindon for £135k (I think)

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
we will return
December 17, 2012, 10:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from Billybantam

He was here in our first conference season, if you gave him the ball to him in a bit of space within 25 yards of the goal it usually ended up in the net.  

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
davmariner
December 17, 2012, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Billybantam

Interesting that you've picked up on a similar vein in terms of his playing style. I don't think there's much difference in quality between L2 and the BSP, so I think he'd be capable of getting goals in League 2 as well. But he'd only get a game for us in place of Nakhi Wells which isn't going to happen. I was actually suprised that we offered him a new contract in the summer. If it weren't for the money we are in line to make after beating Arsenal, I could see him coming back to us until next summer, but I think he's had enough of spending time on the bench. The only thing hat might throw a spanner in the works from your point of view would be if another L2 side came in - there have been a few rumours of Morecambe showing an interest, but I think you're in he driving seat.

Is Joe Colbeck still with you?

Yes he is, as I'm sure you're aware, very inconsistent just about sums him up.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 98
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 10:18pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from we will return

He was here in our first conference season, if you gave him the ball to him in a bit of space within 25 yards of the goal it usually ended up in the net.  

I didn't realise he'd ever been that prolific. What sort of striker partner did he have? Did he play off a target man?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 98
Billybantam
December 17, 2012, 10:19pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Yes he is, as I'm sure you're aware, very inconsistent just about sums him up.

God loves a trier apparently....

The fact that he once won our player of the year award just about sums up how dire we've been for most of our L2 stay!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 98
Abdul19
December 17, 2012, 10:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Billybantam

I didn't realise he'd ever been that prolific. What sort of striker partner did he have? Did he play off a target man?

Yeah, scored 16 in the first 21 league games. No regular partner though really, played with Lee Peacock (old), Danny Carlton (fat) and Charles Ademeno (broken). A lot of his goals were absolute screamers, Altrincham away being my personal favourite.

'Only' got 9 in the last 25 though, not really sure what changed.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 98
Super Clive
December 17, 2012, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
All Alan's strike partners was shite, bar 2 or 3 the whole team was. God knows how many he would of got with Hearn, cook etc.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
Les Brechin
December 17, 2012, 10:44pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,715
Gold Stars: 174
Some of his goals were fantastic. The late winner away at Eastbourne was probably my favourite. Our goal of the season that year was pretty much the Alan Connell Show even though Rob Eagle won it with his goal from the halfway line at Histon.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ross hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.