Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: aaron rattray, December 15, 2012, 5:52pm
my brother and my dad has said that ross hannah has had an argument with Scott and hurst for not being playing today and hes banned from blundell park and cheapside, i dont believe this but 3 stewards also told me that they got told to watch out for ross and if he turned up he needs to be ejected immediately, again o dont believe this but can someone clear it up please
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 15, 2012, 5:54pm; Reply: 1
Doubt it. Scott just said on the radio that Hannah wants to sign for us and they're trying to sort something.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 15, 2012, 5:59pm; Reply: 2
Yeah, because this is the tweet of a player who's fallen out with his manager - https://twitter.com/RHannah10/status/280001731893542912
Posted by: mariner83, December 15, 2012, 5:59pm; Reply: 3
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCIIwQEoO0yACuK5MZhueGbQohDpnuMq-R4gZLMGcTKkzwKQvLAmRFNgQ[/img]
Posted by: Whats_Up_Doc, December 15, 2012, 5:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from aaron rattray
my brother and my dad has said that ross hannah has had an argument with Scott and hurst for not being playing today and hes banned from blundell park and cheapside

How do they know that aaron? Do they work at Town?

It amazes how many people know such intricate things about what goes on at the club!

Total bullshit  :o
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 15, 2012, 6:00pm; Reply: 5
Aaron, i've never really been bothered by your posts, I think your posts are pretty harmless and your a bit hard done by.

But why, why why why do you insist on posting such balderdash to make yourself look a complete helmet!?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 15, 2012, 6:01pm; Reply: 6
Ross Hannah was sat in the row in front of me in the Press Box - Tell your Dad and brother to stop chatting shite Aaron!!!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 15, 2012, 6:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from pontoonlew
Aaron, i've never really been bothered by your posts, I think your posts are pretty harmless and your a bit hard done by.

But why, why why why do you insist on posting such balderdash to make yourself look a complete helmet!?

Mighty_Mariner likes this!
Posted by: flash1, December 15, 2012, 6:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Whats_Up_Doc

How do they know that aaron? Do they work at Town? It amazes how many people know such intricate things about what goes on at the club!

Total bullshit  :o

his dads a steward!
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 15, 2012, 6:12pm; Reply: 9
Pretty sure i saw him before the game (Ross that is, not Aaron)
Posted by: aaron rattray, December 15, 2012, 6:14pm; Reply: 10
Don't shoot the messenger, as i said before i didnt believe it
Posted by: Whats_Up_Doc, December 15, 2012, 6:16pm; Reply: 11
Why would a player have a massive argument about not being played in a relatively meaningless game? It gives him a rest before a big game next Friday!

Bullshit!
Posted by: mariner83, December 15, 2012, 6:18pm; Reply: 12
Don't shoot the messenger, as i said before i didnt believe it

If you didn't post it, you wouldn't get shot.  
Posted by: Whats_Up_Doc, December 15, 2012, 6:19pm; Reply: 13
Don't shoot the messenger

But you keep painting a big bullseye on your forehead!

Posted by: lobsterpot, December 15, 2012, 6:39pm; Reply: 14
Gimme the ammo and i'll gladly shoot the ba$tard!
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 6:40pm; Reply: 15
Hes on his way back to bradford !!
Posted by: lobsterpot, December 15, 2012, 6:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from bradford01
Hes on his way back to bradford !!

No he isn't you bell end, i've just seen him in the shop ;)

Posted by: big bad bob, December 15, 2012, 6:46pm; Reply: 17
Yeah to pack his bags ;)
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 6:51pm; Reply: 18
Parkinson has just confirmed it on radio leeds and to our press !!
Posted by: lobsterpot, December 15, 2012, 6:58pm; Reply: 19
Just browsed your main site and forums and not 1 mention. If he's mentioned it on the radio post Southend game then some nesbit is surely gonna mention it on the net surely??? Oh yeah, you just have but not on your own boards :X
Posted by: Alfie, December 15, 2012, 6:58pm; Reply: 20
felicitations sake.

It's true (back to Bradford). What an absolute kick in the nads that is.

Few tweets about it on Twitter.

Hold on....

"Simon Parker ‏@ParkerTandA
PP confirmed Ross Hannah coming back to #bcafc this week after 3-month loan at Grimsby (8 gls in 13). But not registered to play Tuesday"

Does that mean this week as in this week (AFTER the Wrexham game?). Confusing.
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 7:04pm; Reply: 21
Na hes expected back for this tuesday but he wont be registered in time to play in facup vs brentford  our main site doesnt normally get updatrd for a while t&a will report first but should be on our main site on monday !!
Posted by: lobsterpot, December 15, 2012, 7:05pm; Reply: 22
Yeah but that's nothing we don't know already! If it's confirmed that we haven't sorted a deal out then fair do's but he was always going back after 3 months was up.
Posted by: Alfie, December 15, 2012, 7:05pm; Reply: 23
https://twitter.com/ParkerTandA

Calming now... assuming he must mean after Wrexham. Makes no sense otherwise.

Reckon they're "having a look at him" to try and make sure we cough up. He's a good little player but won't get a sniff for them. Connell only gets a few minutes here and there.
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 7:07pm; Reply: 24
Bit confusing as parko expexts him to be back tuesday but not in time to play :/ but ross has tweeted saying after.wrexham game.. Anyways hes on his way back!
Posted by: Alfie, December 15, 2012, 7:09pm; Reply: 25
Yeah, they're definitely just trying to make sure we pay...

Reckon we'll just give in and pay the few quid for him before Friday so he's available for Jan 1st. Bloody hope so anyway. As much as I like Cookie, he's no goalscorer...
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 15, 2012, 7:11pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Alfie
Yeah, they're definitely just trying to make sure we pay...

Reckon we'll just give in and pay the few quid for him before Friday so he's available for Jan 1st.

Thats what I think as well.

Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 7:12pm; Reply: 27
We turned down a 60 k bid in the summer so it will be interesting how much we want for him.. Think somewhere between 50k minimum-100k ...
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 15, 2012, 7:12pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from bradford01
We turned down a 60 k bid in the summer so it will be interesting how much we want for him.. Think somewhere between 50k minimum-100k ...

Dream on
Posted by: BIGChris, December 15, 2012, 7:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from bradford01

Priceless.

Signed him on a free, gave him 4 starts and someone offered £60k for him??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mariner16, December 15, 2012, 7:17pm; Reply: 30
You've got a flipping nerve to ask for anything he's not good enough for you in most Bradford fans eyes...and aren't you making enough as it is!
Posted by: GyMariner, December 15, 2012, 7:21pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from bradford01

Your joking right?!
Posted by: Alfie, December 15, 2012, 7:24pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from bradford01

[img]http://static.rateyourmusic.com/lk/f/u/f9ca9bc8b2d5ce5396a137048b29483a/4023497.jpg[/img]

£20,000 max.
Posted by: GyMariner, December 15, 2012, 7:25pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Alfie

[img]http://static.rateyourmusic.com/lk/f/u/f9ca9bc8b2d5ce5396a137048b29483a/4023497.jpg[/img]

£20,000 max.

Very maximum and that's us acting all desperate
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 7:33pm; Reply: 34
I cant see us accepting 20k.. After turning 60 down in the summer.. Obviously its down to parkison but with wells probbably leaving in january. Ross as a natural goal scorer seems a good replacement. Is 50 k that much to ask for promotion to league two ?? Will be a interestinf situation. Dont forget we got more for colbeck and hes no.where near ross standard
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 15, 2012, 7:35pm; Reply: 35
Ey up lad.mwho the ecky thump, would pass pit and offer that kind of money for pit pony player?
Posted by: davmariner, December 15, 2012, 7:39pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from bradford01
I cant see us accepting 20k.. After turning 60 down in the summer.. Obviously its down to parkison but with wells probbably leaving in january. Ross as a natural goal scorer seems a good replacement. Is 50 k that much to ask for promotion to league two ?? Will be a interestinf situation. Dont forget we got more for colbeck and hes no.where near ross standard

Think you're forgetting that Ross' contract expires in the summer so if you think you're going to get anywhere near £50k for him then you're dreaming. Sign him up on a pre-contract and get him free in the summer. Heard several rumours about the duo pursuing Adam Birchall on a loan until the end of the season.
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 15, 2012, 7:45pm; Reply: 37
Maybe i'm missing something here, but Ross was always going back to Bradford next sunday, no matter what. So was Phill Parkinson just stating the obvious, and didnt mean he's going back permanently. And as for the numbers that bradford fan mentioned... well
;D  ;D  ;D
Posted by: GyMariner, December 15, 2012, 7:45pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jimgtfc
Maybe i'm missing something here, but Ross was always going back to Bradford next sunday, no matter what. So was Phill Parkinson just stating the obvious, and didnt mean he's going back permanently. And as for the numbers that bradford fan mentioned, well  ;D  ;D  ;D

Some people just don't understand football
Posted by: bradford01, December 15, 2012, 7:46pm; Reply: 39
Dont think well be selling him then, no need to really!  you Mite have to wait till summer
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 15, 2012, 7:50pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from bradford01
Dont think well be selling him then, no need to really!  you Mite have to wait till summer

Thats ok , plenty more fish in the sea.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 15, 2012, 7:51pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from bradford01

You are a pretty poor WUM.

£60k? why didnt you accept the offer for someone who had started just 4 games in a side in the lower reaches of League Two?

BCFC havent seen Hannah as good enough to play in the team previously. He isnt an 18 year old who is developing. He is 26 FFS

Colbeck had played more than a 100 games and you got a reported £60k for someone with that level of experience.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 15, 2012, 7:52pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from bradford01

His contract runs out in March and I doubt he will want to stay at a club where he is out of favour.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 15, 2012, 7:53pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from 1739

His contract runs out in March and I doubt he will want to stay at a club where he is out of favour.

He has NEVER been in favour at Bradford. Started 4 league games!
Posted by: Meza, December 15, 2012, 7:57pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from bradford01

And who made you manager, you might get a fee but its bloody extortion from Bradford who hardly played him got him on a free transfer and have the audacity to ask for a fee, and some Bradford fan who thinks he's manager lol

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 15, 2012, 8:01pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Meza

And who made you manager, you might get a fee but its bloody extortion from Bradford who hardly played him got him on a free transfer and have the audacity to ask for a fee, and some Bradford fan who thinks he's manager lol

I doubt he is even a Bradfud fan,

More like a scunt taking the pee.
Posted by: A dingo stole my baby, December 15, 2012, 8:07pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from flash1

his dads a steward!

If his dad is starting stories like this - i think he should/will be an EX steward soon!
Posted by: Meza, December 15, 2012, 8:08pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Meza

Haha that makes sense let me change it

And who made you manager, you might get a fee but its bloody extortion from Bradford who hardly played him got him on a free transfer down the pecking order and not wanted even Bradford don't give a shite he's worshipped here you can tell he's enjoyed every minute in getting away from Bradford.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 15, 2012, 8:10pm; Reply: 48
Nothing has changed. He's playing in the Wrexham game and we might have him back in January if we can agree a transfer for him. Stop bloody worrying everyone.
Posted by: Super Clive, December 15, 2012, 8:10pm; Reply: 49
Oh dear.
Posted by: GyMariner, December 15, 2012, 8:13pm; Reply: 50
He's tweeted that he will be playing the Wrexham game, utm!
Posted by: gymadman, December 15, 2012, 8:52pm; Reply: 51
Spoke to Ross Hannahs family today, he no longer considers himself a Bradford player he has 6 month left on his contract, he is signing for TOWN  in January, Bradford just don't want us back in the league..your shitting yourselves lol
Posted by: Abdul19, December 15, 2012, 9:09pm; Reply: 52
So basically, Ross Hannah's 93 day loan is ending after 93 days. I'm shocked by this.
Posted by: Meza, December 15, 2012, 9:35pm; Reply: 53
At the time it was a great move for Ross but for some reason it's just not worked out (it might have done if he played more games) could it be because of change of manager I can't remember but sometimes joining another even if on loan it just feels right the fans have taken to him and he's scoring because of that, lets hope it's a January sale.
Posted by: lobsterpot, December 15, 2012, 10:09pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from jimgtfc
Maybe i'm missing something here, but Ross was always going back to Bradford next sunday, no matter what. So was Phill Parkinson just stating the obvious, and didnt mean he's going back permanently. And as for the numbers that bradford fan mentioned... well
;D  ;D  ;D

This is exactly what i put at the start of the windup. I always wanted to be invisible........ ;)
Posted by: kevikov, December 15, 2012, 10:22pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Abdul19
So basically, Ross Hannah's 93 day loan is ending after 93 days. I'm shocked by this.

I have to admit, i didn't see it coming  ;D  Completely blindsided me. Where's the sense? Really does begger belief...

Posted by: chaos33, December 15, 2012, 10:51pm; Reply: 56
Well here's how I interpreted the situation after listening to Rob Scott post match. Hanna's loan expires after the Wrexham game and he will have to go back to Bradford. He wants to sign for us. We want to sign him, but there'll be a fee involved and it's up to the two clubs to agree the fee, and it is out of the duo's hands.

It's the Nielson situation that didn't sound too promising - we want to sign him but he's a 'long way from home' and might not want to stay so far away, plus there are other clubs 'interested in signing our players'.
Posted by: Meza, December 16, 2012, 12:00am; Reply: 57
Unfortunately that's what can happen they put themselves in the shop window i think we will get Hannah but I don't think Neilson will sign, I'm sure the managers will be able to sign players just as good.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, December 16, 2012, 5:10am; Reply: 58
I think on the Nielson one we should be aiming to get a loan till the end of the season.
Posted by: Alkalineroger, December 16, 2012, 11:34am; Reply: 59
Quoted from brad_gtfc
I think on the Nielson one we should be aiming to get a loan till the end of the season.

If distance is a factor in him maybe not wanting to move here, would he come back on loan?
Plus If they were happy for him to leave on loan surely there'd be a few more southerly based clubs keen as mustard?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 16, 2012, 11:41am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Alkalineroger

If distance is a factor in him maybe not wanting to move here, would he come back on loan?
Plus If they were happy for him to leave on loan surely there'd be a few more southerly based clubs keen as mustard?

To be honest, after what happened with Nielsen in Crawley, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to get as far away from there as possible.
Posted by: chaos33, December 16, 2012, 11:56am; Reply: 61

Yep, that's what I think too, and I think was also the subtext of what Scott said post match.
This'll be a real blow to lose him for the rest of the season as, in many respects, he's our best player.

Posted by: Alfie, December 16, 2012, 12:12pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from chaos33

Yep, that's what I think too, and I think was also the subtext of what Scott said post match.
This'll be a real blow to lose him for the rest of the season as, in many respects, he's our best player.

Would other clubs know that though?
Hear me out... I think he's great and made a real difference but I get the feeling we've only scratched the surface there. With a full pre-season and continual, weekly football.. he would tear this league, and the one above, to shreds.

But his stats for the loan spell aren't out of this world, he has had a couple of bad games and got a red card for violent conduct. I can see teams still being interested but with his previous history I reckon if we make him a very nice offer, he'll snap our hands off.

For someone 'homesick' he looked like he was having a fecking good time at the Christmas do.  ;D ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, December 16, 2012, 2:48pm; Reply: 63

There weren't last time though (or they were rubbish ones).
Posted by: GtfcGarner, December 16, 2012, 4:27pm; Reply: 64
Why is the only word.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 9:29pm; Reply: 65
Bradford fan in peace here.

It's good to see that Ross has done well for you and that he seems to be popular with your fans. I thought I'd chip in, given the ramblings of the previous City fan who posted.

Ross has been a bit of a conundrum for us really. The jury's very much out given that hes only had a handful of appearances for us and you've probably seen more of him than we have!

The general view among City fans is that his all round game isn't up to much, but he's a good finisher. Last season he was playing in a poor side, so we never got to see just what he might be capable of in front of goal on a regular basis. Some of our fans believe he should be given another crack - we've got a much better side this season and in my opinion, the best midfield in the league. We certainly create plenty of chances and we'd be much better placed to play to his strengths this time around.

However, our league cup windfall is likely to mean that we'll be in the market for a quality striker in January, so I think a move to you on a permanent basis would be a winner all round. I think it's nailed on. I'm sure we're trying to squeeze a few quid out of a deal - contractually he's not worth much, but we'll look to leverage his form with you so far and your apparent desire to sign him to get a fee, but it won't be any more than 10-20k.

Hopefully he'll continue his form when he rejoins you. He's a good lad, always given his best and he deserves to play on a regular basis somewhere.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 17, 2012, 9:38pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Billybantam

It's good to see that Ross has done well for you and that he seems to be popular with your fans. I thought I'd chip in, given the ramblings of the previous City fan who posted.

Ross has been a bit of a conundrum for us really. The jury's very much out given that hes only had a handful of appearances for us and you've probably seen more of him than we have!

The general view among City fans is that his all round game isn't up to much, but he's a good finisher. Last season he was playing in a poor side, so we never got to see just what he might be capable of in front of goal on a regular basis. Some of our fans believe he should be given another crack - we've got a much better side this season and in my opinion, the best midfield in the league. We certainly create plenty of chances and we'd be much better placed to play to his strengths this time around.

However, our league cup windfall is likely to mean that we'll be in the market for a quality striker in January, so I think a move to you on a permanent basis would be a winner all round. I think it's nailed on. I'm sure we're trying to squeeze a few quid out of a deal - contractually he's not worth much, but we'll look to leverage his form with you so far and your apparent desire to sign him to get a fee, but it won't be any more than 10-20k.

Hopefully he'll continue his form when he rejoins you. He's a good lad, always given his best and he deserves to play on a regular basis somewhere.

Bloody hell, sensible Bradford fan alert!!! Where's Queeny when you need her.

Thanks for input btw.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 17, 2012, 9:41pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Billybantam

Pretty much as I see it.

His all round game isnt special but he comes alive around the box and has finished well. As he is out of contract in the summer, if I were a betting man, I'd say he will sign permanently for us for about £10k and a bonus if we are promoted.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:01pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Bloody hell, sensible Bradford fan alert!!! Where's Queeny when you need her.

Thanks for input btw.

There are plenty of us, we just get lost in the noise of the idiots!  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 17, 2012, 10:04pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Billybantam

There are plenty of us, we just get lost in the noise of the idiots!  ;)

What's your thoughts on Alan Connell. If you want Hannah back you'll have to give us Connell instead.  ;)
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:07pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from BIGChris

Pretty much as I see it.

His all round game isnt special but he comes alive around the box and has finished well. As he is out of contract in the summer, if I were a betting man, I'd say he will sign permanently for us for about £10k and a bonus if we are promoted.

Interesting that you've picked up on a similar vein in terms of his playing style. I don't think there's much difference in quality between L2 and the BSP, so I think he'd be capable of getting goals in League 2 as well. But he'd only get a game for us in place of Nakhi Wells which isn't going to happen. I was actually suprised that we offered him a new contract in the summer. If it weren't for the money we are in line to make after beating Arsenal, I could see him coming back to us until next summer, but I think he's had enough of spending time on the bench. The only thing hat might throw a spanner in the works from your point of view would be if another L2 side came in - there have been a few rumours of Morecambe showing an interest, but I think you're in he driving seat.

Is Joe Colbeck still with you?
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:10pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Les Brechin

What's your thoughts on Alan Connell. If you want Hannah back you'll have to give us Connell instead.  ;)

I like him. He's been unfortunate not to get more game time, but our manager likes the little and large partnership of Hanson and Wells. Connell seems to prefer playing deeper - he's got a good touch and awareness of what's around him. He's a clever player, though I don't see him ever bagging a lot of goals. I'd quite like to seem him playing behind Wells, but Parky seems reluctant to try it - he prefers playing with a physical target manlike Hanson. I think he cold play a key role for us in the second half of the season.

I didn't realise he'd been with you. Was that in League 2?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 17, 2012, 10:12pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Billybantam

I like him. He's been unfortunate not to get more game time, but our manager likes the little and large partnership of Hanson and Wells. Connell seems to prefer playing deeper - he's got a good touch and awareness of what's around him. He's a clever player, though I don't see him ever bagging a lot of goals. I'd quite like to seem him playing behind Wells, but Parky seems reluctant to try it - he prefers playing with a physical target manlike Hanson. I think he cold play a key role for us in the second half of the season.

First season in The Conference. Scored 30 goals for us that season before he went to Swindon for £135k (I think)

Posted by: we will return, December 17, 2012, 10:15pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Billybantam

He was here in our first conference season, if you gave him the ball to him in a bit of space within 25 yards of the goal it usually ended up in the net.  
Posted by: davmariner, December 17, 2012, 10:15pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Billybantam

Interesting that you've picked up on a similar vein in terms of his playing style. I don't think there's much difference in quality between L2 and the BSP, so I think he'd be capable of getting goals in League 2 as well. But he'd only get a game for us in place of Nakhi Wells which isn't going to happen. I was actually suprised that we offered him a new contract in the summer. If it weren't for the money we are in line to make after beating Arsenal, I could see him coming back to us until next summer, but I think he's had enough of spending time on the bench. The only thing hat might throw a spanner in the works from your point of view would be if another L2 side came in - there have been a few rumours of Morecambe showing an interest, but I think you're in he driving seat.

Is Joe Colbeck still with you?

Yes he is, as I'm sure you're aware, very inconsistent just about sums him up.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:18pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from we will return

He was here in our first conference season, if you gave him the ball to him in a bit of space within 25 yards of the goal it usually ended up in the net.  

I didn't realise he'd ever been that prolific. What sort of striker partner did he have? Did he play off a target man?
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:19pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from davmariner

Yes he is, as I'm sure you're aware, very inconsistent just about sums him up.

God loves a trier apparently....

The fact that he once won our player of the year award just about sums up how dire we've been for most of our L2 stay!
Posted by: Abdul19, December 17, 2012, 10:35pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Billybantam

I didn't realise he'd ever been that prolific. What sort of striker partner did he have? Did he play off a target man?

Yeah, scored 16 in the first 21 league games. No regular partner though really, played with Lee Peacock (old), Danny Carlton (fat) and Charles Ademeno (broken). A lot of his goals were absolute screamers, Altrincham away being my personal favourite.

'Only' got 9 in the last 25 though, not really sure what changed.
Posted by: Super Clive, December 17, 2012, 10:37pm; Reply: 78
All Alan's strike partners was shite, bar 2 or 3 the whole team was. God knows how many he would of got with Hearn, cook etc.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 17, 2012, 10:44pm; Reply: 79
Some of his goals were fantastic. The late winner away at Eastbourne was probably my favourite. Our goal of the season that year was pretty much the Alan Connell Show even though Rob Eagle won it with his goal from the halfway line at Histon.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 10:53pm; Reply: 80
Thanks for the views in Connell. We've only seen him in bits so far, so it's good to know that behind the promising cameos so far, there may be an even better player in there than we realise.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 17, 2012, 10:55pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Les Brechin
Some of his goals were fantastic. The late winner away at Eastbourne was probably my favourite. Our goal of the season that year was pretty much the Alan Connell Show even though Rob Eagle won it with his goal from the halfway line at Histon.

He scored some ace lobs, don't understand why swindon and bradford are afraid to give him proper runs in the team he always seems to get 1 or 2 starts then put back on the bench for ages, waste of a good striker in his prime
Posted by: Billybantam, December 17, 2012, 11:01pm; Reply: 82

He scored some ace lobs, don't understand why swindon and bradford are afraid to give him proper runs in the team he always seems to get 1 or 2 starts then put back on the bench for ages, waste of a good striker in his prime

As I say he's been unfortunate in that Nakhi Wells has been in fine form. It would be tough to leave him out tbh. And the manager likes to play him off of Hanson - generally it works well.

He's already scored a good lob though. Must be his forte!
Posted by: forza ivano, December 18, 2012, 9:41am; Reply: 83
isn't it a joy when a new poster turns up and you can read a sensible, well informed interesting debate? shame it doesn't happen more often

think the thing i liked most about connell was his superb touch. he really was a breath of fresh air for us - the first really good player we'd had for many a long year (with the exceptions of jamie clarke and danny boshell of course!! ;D ;D)
Posted by: Grim up north, December 18, 2012, 10:09am; Reply: 84
Great cup win Billy , I was at a wedding with your goalkeeper Duke (he was Hulls keeper at the time) what a top bloke didn't know he had ended up with your lot.Hopefully that win means your loaded and we can keep Ross for free.  :P
Posted by: wigworld, December 18, 2012, 10:11am; Reply: 85
I hadn't realised Duke was with Bradford either. I'm surprised he's slipped down the leagues so quickly - he was decent.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 18, 2012, 10:47am; Reply: 86
@RHannah10 You probably been asked this loads BUT is there chance u will sign for #GTFC permanant if town agree with bc? pleeeeeease ross.

Ross Hannah ‏@RHannah10
@jonnyGTFC Yes mate !!

he wants to stay !
Posted by: GyMariner, December 18, 2012, 11:01am; Reply: 87
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
@RHannah10 You probably been asked this loads BUT is there chance u will sign for #GTFC permanant if town agree with bc? pleeeeeease ross.

Ross Hannah ‏@RHannah10
@jonnyGTFC Yes mate !!

he wants to stay !

I think the players chemistry has really helped this, there always out together with about 5 of them living together.
Seem to get along so well
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 18, 2012, 11:06am; Reply: 88
Quoted from GyMariner

I think the players chemistry has really helped this, there always out together with about 5 of them living together.
Seem to get along so well

there is a picture on twitter or ... hearn, both Pearson's, cook, miller, colbeck, hatton, hannah all out for dinner, nice to see
Posted by: Billybantam, December 18, 2012, 12:35pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from wigworld
I hadn't realised Duke was with Bradford either. I'm surprised he's slipped down the leagues so quickly - he was decent.

Its a funny one. He joined last season on a free and we were made up - we only had a young lad as our Number 1, so a keeper with premiership experience was just what we needed. And then he was pants! Really poor, his positioning seemed all over the place, he'd never come for crosses and he was beaten by several tame efforts. He went out on loan to Northampton and apparently did well, btu we were all expecting him to leave in the summer. Apparently, he was available, but there were no takers.

He's been much better this season though and his performances in the shoot outs against Wigan and Arsenal have earned him a bit of a cult status.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 18, 2012, 12:43pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Grim up north
Great cup win Billy , I was at a wedding with your goalkeeper Duke (he was Hulls keeper at the time) what a top bloke didn't know he had ended up with your lot.Hopefully that win means your loaded and we can keep Ross for free.  :P

:) You never know. I think we'll agree on a modest fee and let him move on. I certainly don't think we'll play hardball over it, and he clearly wants to sign for you so good luck to him.

The cup win was massive for us - it could be the platform for (hopefully) our longer term revival. We all thought that the Arsenal game was our jackpot - no one genuinely thought we'd get through for an even bigger pay day. Our Board pushed the boat out in the summer and took the risk of setting a player budget that was 600k beyond our projected break even point as a club. The intention was that by investing a bit extra we'd give ourselves a chance of earning more revenue by doing well in the cups, and hopefully finish top 7 which would either earn us more money via promotion, or at least a decent wedge from the play-offs. If we were falling short in January we'd have been forced to sell players such as Wells and Doyle. We apparently made 300k from the Arsenal game and the semi is worth around £1m. So we can cover our budget gap this season, put some aside for next season in case we don't go up, AND have some cash to spend in January. So its been massive for us. We've made some massive strides off the pitch over the last 12 months - most of which i'm sure you won't give a stuff about, but we're looking like a professional outfit for the first time in nearly 10 years, so the future's finally starting to look brighter again.

For anyone who is interested, there's a great interview with our Director (front man for the club) about some of the stuff we've been doing to recover as a club, here:

http://widthofapost.com/2012/11/27/speaking-to-david-baldwin-part-one/
Posted by: Meza, December 18, 2012, 1:16pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Billybantam

:) You never know. I think we'll agree on a modest fee and let him move on. I certainly don't think we'll play hardball over it, and he clearly wants to sign for you so good luck to him.

The cup win was massive for us - it could be the platform for (hopefully) our longer term revival. We all thought that the Arsenal game was our jackpot - no one genuinely thought we'd get through for an even bigger pay day. Our Board pushed the boat out in the summer and took the risk of setting a player budget that was 600k beyond our projected break even point as a club. The intention was that by investing a bit extra we'd give ourselves a chance of earning more revenue by doing well in the cups, and hopefully finish top 7 which would either earn us more money via promotion, or at least a decent wedge from the play-offs. If we were falling short in January we'd have been forced to sell players such as Wells and Doyle. We apparently made 300k from the Arsenal game and the semi is worth around £1m. So we can cover our budget gap this season, put some aside for next season in case we don't go up, AND have some cash to spend in January. So its been massive for us. We've made some massive strides off the pitch over the last 12 months - most of which i'm sure you won't give a stuff about, but we're looking like a professional outfit for the first time in nearly 10 years, so the future's finally starting to look brighter again.

For anyone who is interested, there's a great interview with our Director (front man for the club) about some of the stuff we've been doing to recover as a club, here:

http://widthofapost.com/2012/11/27/speaking-to-david-baldwin-part-one/

Its this the reason why clubs are struggling financially.....sorry to sound like an behind  oh and well donw vs Arsenal love it when the big boys get spanked.
Posted by: Billybantam, December 18, 2012, 2:06pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Meza

Its this the reason why clubs are struggling financially......

To a point, but it was a calculated risk. We have a number of appearance clauses built into the contracts of promising young players who've sold on, including Andre Wisdom at Liverpool. So the view was that any budget exposure would be underwritten by a combination of these clauses, cup revenue, player sales (if needed) and failing all those - the chairmen would cover the gap and trim back the budget for next season or provide funds until further revenue could be realised.

So there's a level of risk, but not to the point of being reckless and so far its paying off.
Posted by: Tommy, December 18, 2012, 2:24pm; Reply: 93
It's only the same as here at GTFC anyway. Our Chairman (not officially as he stepped down but he's still performing the role of Chairman and is the man putting money in) sets our budget knowing it means making a big loss over the season that he will assist with making up.
Posted by: Super Clive, December 18, 2012, 2:53pm; Reply: 94
Again that's johns choice and we are greatfull but sometimes it gets thrown in our faces as an excuse to make us feel guilty. But enough of that like some one else said its nice for fans from other clubs coming on here and talking sense.
Posted by: Devonmatt, December 18, 2012, 3:15pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Billybantam

To a point, but it was a calculated risk. We have a number of appearance clauses built into the contracts of promising young players who've sold on, including Andre Wisdom at Liverpool. So the view was that any budget exposure would be underwritten by a combination of these clauses, cup revenue, player sales (if needed) and failing all those - the chairmen would cover the gap and trim back the budget for next season or provide funds until further revenue could be realised.

So there's a level of risk, but not to the point of being reckless and so far its paying off.

Billy, whom do you see as being the final top seven in your league?  Your boys are a very generous 8/11 to finish in the top 7 and I can't see how you don't do that with the team you have available and the people returning from injury.  Can you see any team from stopping you making the play offs?  Do you think you have enough to go up automatically?
Posted by: Billybantam, December 18, 2012, 7:47pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Devonmatt

Billy, whom do you see as being the final top seven in your league?  Your boys are a very generous 8/11 to finish in the top 7 and I can't see how you don't do that with the team you have available and the people returning from injury.  Can you see any team from stopping you making the play offs?  Do you think you have enough to go up automatically?

Good question. I think we'll be top 7. Right now I think we're 50/50 to finish top 3. I honestly haven't seen a better side than us this season - we were beaten 4-0 by Rotherham, but it was a misleading scoreline. And by this time last season 70% of the sides id seen were clearly better than us. We've been missing key players like Andrew Davies and Kyle Reid for the last couple of months and they're both due to return soon. We've had awful luck with injuries so far and our fixture schedule has been manic given that we've done well in the cups - we've played more games than any other side in England so far. We've gelled as a side now, so I'd expect us to improve in the second half of the season. The key for us is hanging on to Nakhi Wells in January, hopefully adding another player or two of quality and not having any more serious injury problems. If we do that, I think we'll finish top 3. I also think Gillingham will be top 3, though I think they'll be pegged back from the comfortable lead they have now. I don't think Port Vale are as good as their position suggests and I think they'll fall out of the top 3 but probably finish top seven. I'd say the top 3 will be made up from Gillingham, us, Rotherham and Southend, with the other 3 in the play offs being Port Vale, Cheltenham and Fleetwood - if they spend big again in January.
Posted by: Devonmatt, December 18, 2012, 8:06pm; Reply: 97
Thanks Billy.  I think you are spot on and look forward to you continuing to do the business in the second half of the season.  Going to be a difficult match day squad for Parkinson to pick when most of your players are back......and Hannah certainly will not be part of it.  Might as well gift him to us to do the business  ;).

UTM
Posted by: Billybantam, December 18, 2012, 8:33pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from Devonmatt
Thanks Billy.  I think you are spot on and look forward to you continuing to do the business in the second half of the season.  Going to be a difficult match day squad for Parkinson to pick when most of your players are back......and Hannah certainly will not be part of it.  Might as well gift him to us to do the business  ;).

UTM

Cheers. Here's hoping we both have successful seasons and can be celebrating promotions at the same time!
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 9:02pm