4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 10, 2012, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from 2578
Some People listening to the prank call would of found it funny now everyone is saying how discusting it was, I dont blame the dj's they were just doing their job we humans love the pranks, jokes and windups, this woman had mental issues and would certainly merritt an award for overreaction of the year, feel sorry for her family tho.

The crass stupidity of that statement reflects really poorly upon you.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
grimps
December 10, 2012, 6:27pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from jock dock tower

Well being honest I think I could probably have lived with it ,I know nurses have a tough job to do and they have my utmost respect but killing yourself and leaving your two kids orphaned is a bit of an over reaction if you ask me.
Maybe nurses have some samurai  warrior code that they must keep if they make a mistake ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
codcheeky
December 10, 2012, 6:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,260
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from the ace face
its kind of ironic that two Australians have a pop at the  heads of the British aristocracy and it ends up going mammaries-up.  was this not the same aristocracy that sent many of our forefathers to Australia for "petty" crimes like poaching rabbits etc to feed their starving children? its a shame about the nurse for clearly she was on the brink anyway,but lets not  forget what the royal elite and their landowning lords did to our people years ago,they are all crooks and in-breds to this day.

aristocracy or australians? or both?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
Rick12
December 10, 2012, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimps

Well being honest I think I could probably have lived with it ,I know nurses have a tough job to do and they have my utmost respect but killing yourself and leaving your two kids orphaned is a bit of an over reaction if you ask me.
Maybe nurses have some samurai  warrior code that they must keep if they make a mistake ?
Iam with dogs thoughts on this in that once I heard of the prank I thought nothing else of it (hence I remember Steve Penks wind ups on capital radio some years back where a big success and he even brought out cds on the calls-remember he got through to the house of commons on one of them) and was surprised and saddened to hear of her death after.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
FishOutOfWater
December 10, 2012, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimps

But what mistake did she make?

It seems that she was acting as a receptionist and passed the call forward for someone else to deal with...not a nursing issue at all I'd say

Why the poor woman then chose to end her life no-one will ever know but just by chance taking a random call, causing her to give up on everything - her family and her life - I just can't fathom it  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 34
davmariner
December 11, 2012, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from jock dock tower

So you believe that it was a reasonable thing to do? To take your own life on the back of a silly prank to which she wasn't even really to blame for? So how is it that the nurse who actually divulged the information is able to restrain herself from doing so?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
grimsby pete
December 11, 2012, 4:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

But what mistake did she make?

It seems that she was acting as a receptionist and passed the call forward for someone else to deal with...not a nursing issue at all I'd say

Why the poor woman then chose to end her life no-one will ever know but just by chance taking a random call, causing her to give up on everything - her family and her life - I just can't fathom it  

I believe there is more to this than we are being told,

Either she took her own life for some other reason and it had nothing to do with this prank,

Or the hospital who keep saying she was not  disaplined in any way, gave her a big bollocking which she could not take.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
FishOutOfWater
December 12, 2012, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I believe there is more to this than we are being told,

Either she took her own life for some other reason and it had nothing to do with this prank,

Or the hospital who keep saying she was not  disaplined in any way, gave her a big bollocking which she could not take.

Call me a cynic but like you Pete I think there's more to this than meets the eye

Because it's all wrapped up with the royal baby story though I have a feeling that there will be a cap on any real info being made public
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 34
AlfredTheGreat
December 12, 2012, 7:19pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -156
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Maybe she had a relationship in the 1970s with Jimmy Saville which she  never mentioned but has traumatised her every since. Thousands of others are coming forward....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
FishOutOfWater
December 13, 2012, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from AlfredTheGreat

Maybe she had a relationship in the 1970s with Jimmy Saville which she  never mentioned but has traumatised her every since. Thousands of others are coming forward....

Maybe you meant that tongue in cheek Alfred but to be frank, it's a bit on the insensitve side of things and not particularly funny  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jacintha Saldanha's death

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.