Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Get Your Chants Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Get Your Chants Out!

This thread currently has 52,791 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 28, 2012, 7:51pm
Guest User
Well hopefully the managers and Fenty's words about the need for noise will have a positive effect.
Reply: 180 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 28, 2012, 7:56pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600
Well hopefully the managers and Fenty's words about the need for noise will have a positive effect.

Yeh I hope so. I'm sure if can keep up at the top of the league, it will get better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 248
Meza
November 28, 2012, 7:58pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from 1600
Really they don't like it Gary ?!  

Meza....

It's all your fault
It's all your fault  

Haha

Quoted from 1600

Oh BTW Meza just in case you didn't know that "It's all your fault" was a joke cos it's a chant often heard at grounds ?
Don't worry I'm not blaming anyone just in case you thought I was.

It's ok I can take a joke lol I'm not easy offended.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 248
kevikov
November 29, 2012, 12:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Strange it may be but yep, there are a few in pontoon that don't like the noise, some say it's because of the chants and songs sang but I have noticed that even when they sing old(ish) songs like, Three little birds, Can't help falling in love, and others, they still don't seem to like it. There is a divide between fans, I don't know what exactly know what it is but I have noticed it on here, and at BP. Though away games is completely different, I have no idea why that is either.

I'm getting the feeling gary that its not so much an age thing as a personality thing. I'm a shuffler, older as you would say   and we're desperate to up the noise level and reclaim some of the energy the pontoon delivered in "yesteryear" but i'm seeing younger lads and lasses around us not even watching the game sometimes, playing on their phones and heading off for a hotdog with ten minutes of the first half left! Similarly, lots of older ones bitching about which songs are sung and why everythings so shite nowadays, it's bizarre.
My vision is one where the more people get involved, the more it will spread and the happiness will return. People will usually join in if they're surrounded by it, and my opinion is, if you're in the ponny you're there for a reason. To make some noise and do some shuffling! The best thing about the noisy corner coming over to us was removing the divide, all of a sudden there was a larger group and that in itself co-erced (sp) more around us to join in. Lots more of that please pontoon army.

Ultimately, all of blundell park will be singing, it's just a matter of time.       

A.S.A.F.A.T

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 248
Gary Haddock
November 29, 2012, 7:50am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from kevikov

I'm getting the feeling gary that its not so much an age thing as a personality thing. I'm a shuffler, older as you would say   and we're desperate to up the noise level and reclaim some of the energy the pontoon delivered in "yesteryear" but i'm seeing younger lads and lasses around us not even watching the game sometimes, playing on their phones and heading off for a hotdog with ten minutes of the first half left! Similarly, lots of older ones bitching about which songs are sung and why everythings so shite nowadays, it's bizarre.
My vision is one where the more people get involved, the more it will spread and the happiness will return. People will usually join in if they're surrounded by it, and my opinion is, if you're in the ponny you're there for a reason. To make some noise and do some shuffling! The best thing about the noisy corner coming over to us was removing the divide, all of a sudden there was a larger group and that in itself co-erced (sp) more around us to join in. Lots more of that please pontoon army.

Ultimately, all of blundell park will be singing, it's just a matter of time.       

A.S.A.F.A.T

I agree and want the same thing. And like you said it's just a matter of time before it gets there. UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 248
lawless29
November 29, 2012, 6:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Are people embarrassed to sing? Do they think its not cool? Well I can tell ya your all ,sing,it helps the team ya know

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 248
gtfcbean
November 29, 2012, 10:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +9 / -7
gary haddock 80s an meza what a cringeworthy thread you guys ar total muppets get a life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 248
kevikov
December 7, 2012, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
My simplistic version goes something like this...

We are fishing
We are fishing
Stormy waters
Out to sea

We are fishing
We are fishing
Just to watch you
Play again

We are fishing
Stormy waters
Bring us home (or) Make us proud again
To our Grimsby (or) Our Grimsby

We are fishing
Just to watch you
Bring us home again
Back from sea.

Finish with...    (work in progress / artistic license)

Stormy WATERS
Bonettis corners
Whittles elbow
Livvos nose

Buckleys aces
Shankleys greatest
The Wembley double
Mendoncas goals

We are fishing, we are fishing, we are Grimsby, home again.

Thoughts? simple but effective i'm going for.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 248
Gary Haddock
December 8, 2012, 1:35am

Brandy Drinker
Reckon it would sound pretty good once we've got it sorted and fans learn the words.

I thought about the;

intercourse 'em all, intercourse 'em all,
The old, young and the snall,
We are the Grimsby, we are the best,
We are the Grimsby so intercourse all the rest..

Change it to;

intercourse 'em all, intercourse 'em all,
The Lincoln, Scunny and the Hull,
We are the Grimsby and we are the best,
We are the Grimsby so intercourse all the rest..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 248
Mrs Doyle
December 8, 2012, 7:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Must admit I like it when the opposition try to wind us up with "Sing when your fishing you only sing when your fishing."

Then we come back twice as loud with "SING WHEN WERE FISHING WE ONLY SING WHEN WERE FISHING.SING WHEN WERE FISHING WE ONLY SING WHEN WERE FISHING." it goes on for ages and really pissis the opposing fans off, lol
It's like red rag to a bull looks and sounds very impressive especially when we sing it in each stand. Really cranks up the atmosphere. Shitt it's in my head now I can hear all the town lads singing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 248
25 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Get Your Chants Out!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.