Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Party in the Ponny?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 173 Guests

Party in the Ponny?

This thread currently has 16,488 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
November 21, 2012, 1:45pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
It's like this anyway Aaron;

Can't hear the away fans sing,
Can't hear the away fans sing,
Can't hear the away fans sing we'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our own,
We'll sing on our ooowwwnnn,
This is the best trip, I've ever been on...

Inplace of "away fans" it be who ever we're playing, for example "we can't hear the Lincoln sing...

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 258
WetFlannel
November 21, 2012, 2:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
No chance of getting the atmosphere going, it's modern football for you, they want you to 'respect others', but won't respect those who actually want to create an atmosphere to back the boys. It's all about those families nowadays, the ones that go in to 'sit down and watch the game' (the kids spending the entire time playing on a phone or asking their dads for a burger), meaning anyone who gets in their way is an inconsiderate anus. It's not hard to categorise the ground. Findus-general stand, for anyone, good views etc. Main stand-'family end', cheap deals for families in here, quiet and we can get mighty over there to entertain the kids who are there to 'watch the game' (bullshit). Pontoon-singing end, obviously don't have to sing etc but if you like hearing an atmosphere etc, could do cheaper deals for young adults etc to get em involved. Everyone's happy, an atmosphere gets going and no one moans because someone's in the way of their view of a corner flag. If standing comes back in the pontoon can revert to standing and the other two can stay seated. If people want to sit behind a goal without an atmosphere then open parts of the osmond for us, we give away fans a bizarrely high amount of seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 258
Super Clive
November 21, 2012, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
for example 2+2=4!
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 258
80sglory
November 21, 2012, 6:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from WetFlannel
No chance of getting the atmosphere going, it's modern football for you, they want you to 'respect others', but won't respect those who actually want to create an atmosphere to back the boys.

Think you make some interesting points in your post.
Only thing I'd say is, as fun as it might be to have that fan rivalry etc, it's not the only way to make noise or have a good time.
More "love" you throw on the team better they should respond. (but IMO don't just throw it aimlessly if they're coasting for example)

Not saying you shouldn't have a bit of banter and tongue in cheek needle with the away fans (or the opposition players IMO) but take it too seriously, that's where unwanted problems can soon occur.
Reply: 253 - 258
kevikov
December 20, 2012, 11:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Round two of "party in the ponny?"

Thanks to the santa suits, hat and beard sets and what i interpret as a genuine desire on the clubs behalf to generate a cracking atmosphere friday night, its now up to us to really deliver, drummers - get drumming, singers - get singing, shufflers - get shuffling, crowd - get loud!

UTFM!!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 258
Munster
December 20, 2012, 11:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Sounds lie everyone should get their dancing shoes on!

Have followed Town for all my life during the ups and downs.

My son plays for school of excellence which is so well run without any funding and can see some future stars in the lower age teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 258
Gary Haddock
December 21, 2012, 2:04am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from kevikov
Round two of "party in the ponny?"

Thanks to the santa suits, hat and beard sets and what i interpret as a genuine desire on the clubs behalf to generate a cracking atmosphere friday night, its now up to us to really deliver, drummers - get drumming, singers - get singing, shufflers - get shuffling, crowd - get loud!

UTFM!!

Too right. There will be hundreds in fancy dress, Santa suits, Reindeer outfits, Snowmen outfits and then there's lots more with hats and beards. Going to be an ace atmosphere.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 258
aldi_01
December 21, 2012, 7:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Pipers get piping...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 258
1mickylyons
December 21, 2012, 4:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,406
Gold Stars: 56
Dont believe the hype the Upper will once again rule the BP airwaves over Xmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Party in the Ponny?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.