Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Party in the Ponny?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

Party in the Ponny?

This thread currently has 16,482 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerian
November 19, 2012, 7:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from grimps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDjMZKf-wg

the tune from these used to get the Ponny bouncing back in the 80s ,if you just brought your bovril and they started singing this you was probably going to lose it and end up about 10 steps down nearer the front

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZjemferM

Really   my estimation of the older Pontoonites has somewhat gone down a few grades now  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 258
grimps
November 19, 2012, 7:47pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,184
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from marinerian

Really   my estimation of the older Pontoonites has somewhat gone down a few grades now  

ha ha to be fair it probably sounded nothing like the original ,my all time favorite  was doing the timewarp in the seats at York  at York in 89
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 258
kevikov
November 19, 2012, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
This thread really has got the juices flowing hasn't it?! Its gone from my original post trying to encourage positivity, energy and togetherness and really just trying to make the atmosphere a little bit better in the pontoon and all over Blundell Park, to crabby little mammary for tats on the rights and wrongs of standing/sitting/singing/chanting/drumming or doing nothing to reminiscing about how good it was, how crap it was, why it'll never be same, how it could still be better than it is now, to slagging off any attempt of fun, creativity and support and lots of advice in there as to how it can be improved for all. Everything we come to expect from our beloved fishy!

The one and only purpose of this thread was to unite two vocal groups of supporters in the same stand, not too far from another in the noisier side of the noisy stand in the hope that it would result in a louder, more passionate, energetic and united vocal support. I think it worked. Fair play to the drummers and the rest of the noisy corner for coming over to us in the middle, really really appreciate it. It was a big step i reckon, groups in crowd tend to stick together and deciding to move over and join us was quality, it in itself showed that the desire to be better exists and that's a starting point if nothing else. Something we can build on. I hope the two groups join together again for the tamworth game, a bit more organisation, some more of that willing and maybe we can help spur the players on again, and have a party to boot!

As far as i'm concerned operation A.S.A.F.A.T is officially underway.

All Stands. All Fans. All TOGETHER.

Coming to a stand near you soon ?  

UTM!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 258
Gary Haddock
November 19, 2012, 11:37pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from kevikov
This thread really has got the juices flowing hasn't it?! Its gone from my original post trying to encourage positivity, energy and togetherness and really just trying to make the atmosphere a little bit better in the pontoon and all over Blundell Park, to crabby little mammary for tats on the rights and wrongs of standing/sitting/singing/chanting/drumming or doing nothing to reminiscing about how good it was, how crap it was, why it'll never be same, how it could still be better than it is now, to slagging off any attempt of fun, creativity and support and lots of advice in there as to how it can be improved for all. Everything we come to expect from our beloved fishy!

The one and only purpose of this thread was to unite two vocal groups of supporters in the same stand, not too far from another in the noisier side of the noisy stand in the hope that it would result in a louder, more passionate, energetic and united vocal support. I think it worked. Fair play to the drummers and the rest of the noisy corner for coming over to us in the middle, really really appreciate it. It was a big step i reckon, groups in crowd tend to stick together and deciding to move over and join us was quality, it in itself showed that the desire to be better exists and that's a starting point if nothing else. Something we can build on. I hope the two groups join together again for the tamworth game, a bit more organisation, some more of that willing and maybe we can help spur the players on again, and have a party to boot!

As far as i'm concerned operation A.S.A.F.A.T is officially underway.

All Stands. All Fans. All TOGETHER.

Coming to a stand near you soon ?  

UTM!

Well said.

What does A.S.A.F.A.T. stand for? Out of curiousity.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 258
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 11:44pm
Guest User
It's right there in his post Gary, keep reading...
Reply: 214 - 258
Gary Haddock
November 19, 2012, 11:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
It's right there in his post Gary, keep reading...

Oh yeh, duh.  

All Stands, All Fans, All Together. I like it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 258
80sglory
November 19, 2012, 11:51pm
Guest User
Kevikov not wanting to male masturbation you off here (pardon my french) but some of your posts on this thread have been exceptional.

Thing is, I'd love A.S.A.F.A.T to work but can it ?
Surely if people want the atmosphere they'll go in the Ponny now and the majority who want to sit in peace and quiet might be elsewhere ?
I'm guessing there may be a few in the ponny who leave to go elsewhere for the peace and quiet too ?
Will some fans EVER join in ?

Sorry really don't mean to urine on your bonfire but just think some don't appreciate chants or too much noise.
Or am I wrong or don't we need everyone for it to work ?

Quoted from marinerian
I have said this for years.

We need a balance of good old songs,with good new songs.

Quoted from Gary Haddock
Why not post them on here, I'll post them on facebook, they'll soon get around.

Think you need to be careful what you post on facebook though Gary ?
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Or type out a few songs on here and let's try and learn em before matchday ?

Just what I was gonna ask marinerian.
marinerian why not go in the Ponny and lead the kids(well the young ones) with these songs ?
Or if not, anyone who can for that matter...
Or even... (if you're brave enough to) sing it yourself and post if on youtube and link to it here ?
Only been in the ponny once but don't even know some of the new songs, let alone the old ones.
Reply: 216 - 258
marinerian
November 19, 2012, 11:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps

ha ha to be fair it probably sounded nothing like the original ,my all time favorite  was doing the timewarp in the seats at York  at York in 89

I heard about that from Spider and Zulu, I just thought they had smoked some strange baccie  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 258
marinerian
November 20, 2012, 12:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Just what I was gonna ask marinerian.
marinerian why not go in the Ponny and lead the kids(well the young ones) with these songs ?
Or if not, anyone who can for that matter...
Or even... (if you're brave enough to) sing it yourself and post if on youtube and link to it here ?
Only been in the ponny once but don't even know some of the new songs, let alone the old ones.

Oh come on I am over 30, if I start hanging around the younger ones I will be accused of being Jimmy Savilles love child ffs  

The thing is I have chatted and spoke about this but many will not listen.

One song I have  abig problem with, is "Greasey Chip Butty" People just do no get it right  here is John Denver's Annies Song (it is the song we have adapted [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo[/url] At the moment it is sang far to fast  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 258
Gary Haddock
November 20, 2012, 12:17am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from marinerian

Oh come on I am over 30, if I start hanging around the younger ones I will be accused of being Jimmy Savilles love child ffs  

The thing is I have chatted and spoke about this but many will not listen.

One song I have  abig problem with, is "Greasey Chip Butty" People just do no get it right  here is John Denver's Annies Song (it is the song we have adapted [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo[/url] At the moment it is sang far to fast  

I agree. Though have to admit at times, I go too fast myself. Sorry. But that last bit about the Gressey chip butty one, I totally agree, we do, do it too fast. I love that one too, my favourate one, and would love to hear it slow like the John Denver's Annies song with a mass of fans singing it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Party in the Ponny?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.