This thread currently has 8,072 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerian
November 16, 2012, 12:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
The man is clearly an idiot, he just couldn't help having digs at the supporters. These supporters got behind him last season.

He was the same at Stockport according to my neighbour. He basicly said he wasn't the brightest spark in football.

We have 2 strikers starting to score and hopefully get Southwell hungry and running at teams, the goals will come for him.

Hopefully we can keep spreading the goals about too. 4/5 players getting 15-20 goals would be good as then you are not relying on one or two players to get them all

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 93
Brisbane Mariner
November 16, 2012, 1:04am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Codswede
Cannot imagine them wanting to keep him once they've seen him properly... Hope he commands a fee off them though in Jan, would be a massive plus, starting to think S&H could sell sand to the Arabs at this rate.

Had to laugh at that Matty - reckon your right. Perhaps they can sell the idea of the new stadium to NELC and geet lottery area improvement grants too!! bring on S&H

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 93
davmariner
November 16, 2012, 1:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,989
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I think its far from over... We will have the same problem again come January.

Think you're right there.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 93
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 1:24am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
Your "spat" with Chris is purely personal and goes back before the time of his involvement in The Trust.

You see this is where you're wrong, I've got no spat whatsoever, that's my whole point.
I accept it may APPEAR like I have but I'm never one to harbour gruges(not that I ever had one), I'll talk to anyone.
What does he think I'm going say to him anyway ? I really don't know...

My point is, for whatever reason he seemingly (IMO) isn't prepared to show the leadership the trust seem to be saying we need.
So it's mixed messages IMO - I can't speak for others but that's one of my concerns(not to mention the wishy washy lanaguage and lack of detail) for YOU.
It's just frustrating for me as a Town fan to see YOU guys miss out on potential members (although admittedly I'm only guessing).

Quoted from barralad
I could summise why you don't wish to send messages privately but to be honest it would serve no useful purpose.

Probably wise. I guess it probably wouldn't be accurate anyway. (see above and below)
Quoted from barralad
You have never been able to accept that the Fishy is just one of the ways that the Trust communicates with it's members.

Au contraire, I've said it's only of the "target areas" myself.
But let's be honest, this is where a lot of fans come and every little helps and all that...
I'm pretty sure if something big ever does take off on the fishy, it could easily spread like wildfire all over to the benefit of everyone ?
Quoted from barralad
We've discussed previously your unwillingness to use the channels open to you (i.e. the e-mail questions option) and nothing has really changed in that area.

Well I've sent an e-mail and had my questions answered before but without wanting to appear like I'm pointing the finger any further, accept I've become somewhat apathetic and most recently haven't been motivated to, either privately or even on here. (although come to think of it, think I did post a few questions on here...)

Anyway lots of reasons but the main one (except wondering what purpose it really serves with me already being a member) is very simple.
Simply that if the trust is going to provide helpful & useful answers to questions, then it's probably better off that it's in a public domain (like the Q&A list that's already been shared) so everyone can gain the benefit.

To be fair perhaps this is already the case but it's a fairly basic marketing concept that the trust doesn't seem to want to "push to the max" through online 1-2-1 communication.

Just personally think it would be great if we had someone who was confident enough to answer questions on the spot without having to retire or think of the answers.
A "Head Of Communications" (didn't the trust have one before?) resident on the fishy if you like...
Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not a case of ever wanting anything for ME, just think it might help you guys (and more importantly GTFC) to boost "trust levels" (literally !).
But who knows perhaps I'm wrong...

ATEOTD does anyone out there even really give a toss if someone "makes a mistake" ?
I think not ?
I just don't understand it myself...

Just wonder if people are losing sight of the bigger picture and putting the cart before the horse.
One thing I'm fairly sure of is that whatever you/we do, it most probably won't go down in the history books.

Quoted from barralad
It just strikes me as sad that at a time when the future for fans and their ability to have a say looks rosier than at any time in the forty odd years I've been following The Mariners your agenda appears to be of a personalised nature...

You see this is exactly the reason why I sadly feel (though again would love to be proven wrong) it'll never hit the dizzy heights of thousands of fans signing up in their droves to help provide the (part) self sufficiency we may collectively like to achieve.

Simply put, if people are gonna assume eveyone's out to sh1tstir or pull people apart when they "criticize" wanting to help, how are we ever gonna all come together and grow ?

Believe it or not, I've honestly no desire to argue or waste my time wanting to pull anyone apart. (or if I do it's not intentional or for no reason)
Although I DO accept a handful may (as opposed to being focused on the success of the club) making life somewhat enduring.
But the words duck and water spring to mind.

ATEOTD barra, the trust THEMSELVES seem to recognize the need for unity so it's not like I'm saying anything new here.
I'm afraid you can't always just expect EVERYONE to follow no matter what - if it was really that simple BP would be full to the rafters every week and the trust member levels and number of volunteers would already be off the charts.

Anyway my honest congratulations to you all on your achievements so far, my apologies for "hijacking" the AE thread (although you did ask), my sincere best wishes and good luck for the future(I mean that) and whatever you think is best.

Reply: 83 - 93
Colonel Fishpaste
November 16, 2012, 2:06am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Reminds me of the Adam LeFondre move to Reading ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 93
chipsandgravy
November 16, 2012, 8:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,648
Gold Stars: 38
Whose going to be the boo boys target now then? We can't not have one can we it wouldn't be right would it. It's really annoying me as no one comes to mind straight away. God how frustrating!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 93
aaron rattray
November 16, 2012, 8:42am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Whose going to be the boo boys target now then? We can't not have one can we it wouldn't be right would it. It's really annoying me as no one comes to mind straight away. God how frustrating!

Derek niven gets some stick by some people i try telling them that his job is to protect the back 4 and not to be a master passer but they wont have it

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 93
RoboCod
November 16, 2012, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from aaron rattray

Derek niven gets some stick by some people i try telling them that his job is to protect the back 4 and not to be a master passer but they wont have it

Tell them in a more assertive manner. Then again, but louder. Tell them you have a gun.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 93
winston
November 16, 2012, 9:07am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +38
He must have one hell of a agent that's all I can say  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 93
nelly_gtfc
November 16, 2012, 9:17am
Guest User
Seeya Elding, cheers for the goals you scored last season.  Maybe things would of been different if your caped crusader (le Hearn) had not fell at the first hurdle.

At the end of the season, the two goals Elding scored in that Barrow game could all well be very significant.

Works out well for all partys involved, player off the wage bill, hopefully give us a better chance to bring in the loan players on a permanent, or to the very least till the end of the season.

No need to worry about our strikers, I reckon Cook will knock 20+ in next season (1st season at Barrow was like ours) regardless of what division we are in, and the best yet to come from Pearson, keep the faith.

Not forgetting Hannah, plus Hearn back after Christmas fingers crossed, could be our big secret weapon come the end of the season.
Reply: 89 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.