This thread currently has 8,073 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
November 15, 2012, 5:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Hope he does really well there, otherwise they might send him back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 93
thevera
November 15, 2012, 5:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimps
Elding was a decent player that did a lot more work than just score ,un fortunately  he was unsettled by Preston eary on in the season and things haven't worked out here .
I wish him the best

He wasn't unsettled by Preston as it was a situation he manufactured himself with the aid of his mate Mr Westley. i suspect Westley is helping to put him in the shop window for a few weeks until January comes. I will be amazed if he is still there after January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 93
oldun
November 15, 2012, 5:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Interesting watching the video, he was playing as an out and out striker getting on the end of things rather than as a target. Is there something in this? Anyway hope he does ok at PNE. Amazing move though but good for his ego.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 93
nickmariners
November 15, 2012, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from excusebeef
what a bunch of miseries people are for being so fickle now he has gone. Scored and set up plenty last season, had a partnership with Hearn and from what I saw of him he gave 100% this season, with good link up play and clever movement. It just didn't happen in front of goal. Do you blame a 30yo for wanting 1st team football in a sh!t league? He clearly had a degree of passion for town but evidently you can't please everyone

I agree with you, Mr Beef.  Some people's memories don't seem to stretch back even one full season.

I'm sorry he's gone, and I'm sorrier that our "support" did a Hickman on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 93
hook line and sinker
November 15, 2012, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
We was all warned previous to elding signing for us what he was like from the gimps and stockport fans,he wasnt bad last year but he was next to liam who was creating chances left right and centre. PNE fans seem to think elds is going there as a finisher not a target man creator.He will be found out soon enough IF HE EVEN PLAYS,not good enough at this level certainly no good for lg1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 93
livosnose
November 15, 2012, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from excusebeef
what a bunch of miseries people are for being so fickle now he has gone. Scored and set up plenty last season, had a partnership with Hearn and from what I saw of him he gave 100% this season, with good link up play and clever movement. It just didn't happen in front of goal. Do you blame a 30yo for wanting 1st team football in a sh!t league? He clearly had a degree of passion for town but evidently you can't please everyone

shut up

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 93
hook line and sinker
November 15, 2012, 6:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from excusebeef

I wouldnt say this is a excrement league at all, the only thing excrement about it is the status of being conference,most teams in this league would beat the majority of league 2 sides no doubt and you'll find the teams that win promotion from BSP win promotion the next season to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 93
cardiffmariner
November 15, 2012, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,323
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin
Preston fans are wetting themselves as someone has posted a 5 minute You Tube montage of his goals.
Maybe we should mention about his record for missing sitters too.  

http://www.pne-online.net/foru.....28Confirmed%29/page3

Someone did the same on here when he signed for us...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 93
mariner91
November 15, 2012, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,938
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from excusebeef

No but you can blame him for not taking the chances sent his way so that he'd earn a starting place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 93
barralad
November 15, 2012, 6:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Just cos he hit the post instead of scoring, suprise suprise the reaction has now gone OTT in fickle like manner.
In conclusion, think the "UP DOWN" reactions we've seen over the last xx months are laughable and pretty pathetic.

The biggest idiot must be this bloke commenting in the GET:
“The only intrest i have in our club is for the players who want to wear the shirt for Grimsby Town and battle for promotion to get us where we so desire to be,Mr Elding does not it so seems”

Ermmm, He DID want to play for GTFC, that's the whole point !
Do people actually read what people actually say or just leap to their own conclusions ?!
What a complete and utter bell end...

Tell you what, this kind of slagging off can quite easily come back to bite you on the bottom if the next hero player X hits a bumpy patch.
I dread to think what might happen if e.g. Ross Hannah goes 5-10 games without a goal...
Do we ever think of that or is short termism making a complete bodge up of convincing everyone always the best way ?
Perhaps someone from the trust board should answer - judging by their track record of recruitment numbers so far perhaps they might know !  

Whatever we do let's not print out any more sodding T shirts.
Collectively we're not up to being able to make ourselves look a right bunch of wallys if we later decide it's all gone pear shaped.
ESPECIALLY when it's flattering to deceive in the first place, dear god...

Some fans also need to stop making good or bad judgements by looking "at the stats" over a handful of games too.
Wasn't so long ago some fans couldn't see anything in Hatton or Cook either.  

Think on folks, sometimes you risk reaping what you sow through a desire for short term gratification.

A decent post (though God alone knows why you chose to have a dig at the Trust Board but nevermind.)

I can only asume that some of the vitriol launched Elding's way is to take people's minds off their contributions to the cringeworthy Elding Facts nonsense from last year.
Quite simply there is no evidence to support the view that he wasn't trying. I've seen no difference in his effort this season to last. My view is that he simply isn't good enough for a team with aspirations of a Play Off place at least.  
It would appear that all he has done is try to get himself a move to somewhere where he can play regular first team football. I suspect a lot of players would be very happy to be offered a place in a set up higher up the ladder and I'd think that he knows that PNE represents a short step to achieving his goal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.