Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 60 Guests

Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters

This thread currently has 3,843 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GodHelpUs
November 13, 2012, 12:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from BlackandWhiteBarmy
So, if I understand the situation, the Trust gifted Mr. Fenty £200K of shares so as to achieve a level of involvement with the club without representation on the board, and that the new development is asking for £30K per annum to maintain that level of co-operative involvement and gain a seat on the board.

Firstly if the Trust wanted to gain a level of involvement to with THE CLUB why were the shares given to Mr. Fenty. Secondly, no indication has been given to exactly how much influence a seat on the board will have. Thirdly are you not just trying to buy co-operative involvement with the regime that has, to all effects and purposes, put the club in the position it is in at the present moment.

The Trust will be paying £30K a year for the priviledge of helping to run the club in exactly the same way it has been run for the last ten years. In this case I believe that Cure is actually better than Prevention

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
psgmariner
November 13, 2012, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from BlackandWhiteBarmy
So, if I understand the situation, the Trust gifted Mr. Fenty £200K of shares so as to achieve a level of involvement with the club without representation on the board, and that the new development is asking for £30K per annum to maintain that level of co-operative involvement and gain a seat on the board.

Firstly if the Trust wanted to gain a level of involvement to with THE CLUB why were the shares given to Mr. Fenty. Secondly, no indication has been given to exactly how much influence a seat on the board will have. Thirdly are you not just trying to buy co-operative involvement with the regime that has, to all effects and purposes, put the club in the position it is in at the present moment.

The Trust will be paying £30K a year for the priviledge of helping to run the club in exactly the same way it has been run for the last ten years. In this case I believe that Cure is actually better than Prevention

How else would you have gone about gaining a seat on the Board? To gain a seat on the Board through a £30k donation and the transfer of some fairly worthless shares seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Once the Trust have representation at Board level they may finally begin to have some effect on how the club is run. At the moment their efforts have understandably been focused on raising cash.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 118
So correct me if I'm wrong but the requirement to become a board member is to put in annually £50,000 p.a. or in the case of the Trust somewhere in the region of £30,000 p.a. but that doesn't apply to the current members of the board.

So in a few years time you could have paid in say £100,000 to the club and still be out voted by some who have paid in far less.

It's no wonder there isn't a flock of people dashing to become a member of the board.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry
So correct me if I'm wrong but the requirement to become a board member is to put in annually £50,000 p.a. or in the case of the Trust somewhere in the region of £30,000 p.a. but that doesn't apply to the current members of the board.

So in a few years time you could have paid in say £100,000 to the club and still be out voted by some who have paid in far less nothing.

It's no wonder there isn't a flock of people dashing to become a member of the board.

See correction  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

See correction  

Thanks for that

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
BlackBoots
November 13, 2012, 3:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from arryarryarry

So in a few years time you could have paid in say £100,000 to the club and still be out voted by some who have paid in far less.

Not sure were the £50k you state has come from? Someone posted last week about a new director having to match the average of the other directors loans/share holding. I make that something like £800K+!!!!! (makes it look like the Trust, representing the fans, have got a good deal! )

Surely once on the board the person can be voted out by the shareholders at the agm, not the other directors??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
grimsby pete
November 13, 2012, 4:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
All this talk about money made me think,

I wonder what Bolton Wanderers supporters think about their chairman,

The club owe him £126 million in benign loans.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
Marinerz93
November 13, 2012, 4:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
All this talk about money made me think,

I wonder what Bolton Wanderers supporters think about their chairman,

The club owe him £126 million in benign loans.

Has he got his benign loan covered against the club assets GY Pete  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
arryarryarry
November 13, 2012, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots

Not sure were the £50k you state has come from? Someone posted last week about a new director having to match the average of the other directors loans/share holding. I make that something like £800K+!!!!! (makes it look like the Trust, representing the fans, have got a good deal! )

Surely once on the board the person can be voted out by the shareholders at the agm, not the other directors??

I did say correct me if I'm wrong, but the £50,000 was mentioned by several posters in the original thread and I think it was also mentioned that the £50,000 was a guarantee not an annual contribution.

But even if you are correct then the figure you quoted is even worse, who in their right mind would invest such an amount if there was the possibility that they could be out voted by someone with far less invested in the club.

As for being voted out by the shareholders, who owns the most shares?

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
BlackandWhiteBarmy
November 13, 2012, 5:20pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Quoted from psgmariner

How else would you have gone about gaining a seat on the Board? To gain a seat on the Board through a £30k donation and the transfer of some fairly worthless shares seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Once the Trust have representation at Board level they may finally begin to have some effect on how the club is run. At the moment their efforts have understandably been focused on raising cash.

The question was why were the shares given to Mr. Fenty? They could have just as easily been transferred to the club. How influential will a place on the board be?

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.