Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 84 Guests

Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters

This thread currently has 3,827 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
November 13, 2012, 11:38am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from BIGChris

My apologies. I've never saw said post. Will this be a regular occurence?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 38
aaron rattray
November 13, 2012, 11:44am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from lukeo
on the subject of saving money, i don't know if we do have anyone but at Stanley the programme sellers and some of the bar workers and turnstile people work for free. I don't know if we do this but surely some people out there would be willing to do this to help the club? ... Young people more so because it'd look good on the CV if you show that you've worked 'voluntery'

I think the programme sellers are paid, if so get rid of them and how about the turnstyle operators sell the programmes in the turnstyles?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
BIGChris
November 13, 2012, 11:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Paris Mariner

My apologies. I've never saw said post. Will this be a regular occurence?

It is the aim that we will have a visable presence in the main Lower Findus bar prior to every game.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
lukeo
November 13, 2012, 11:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
BIGChris any chance of enquiring about either getting in some volunteers or like Aaron says sell the programmes in the turnstiles? That'd save couple hundred quid every other week, every little helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Paris Mariner
November 13, 2012, 11:50am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from BIGChris

It is the aim that we will have a visable presence in the main Lower Findus bar prior to every game.

Brilliant. I'm back for Wrexham at home and will definitely sign up.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 38
roundballovalhole
November 13, 2012, 11:52am
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo
on the subject of saving money, i don't know if we do have anyone but at Stanley the programme sellers and some of the bar workers and turnstile people work for free. I don't know if we do this but surely some people out there would be willing to do this to help the club? ... Young people more so because it'd look good on the CV if you show that you've worked 'voluntery'

Being able to spell 'Voluntary' also looks good on a C.V.
Realising that the word you should have used is 'Voluntarily' would look even better
Reply: 15 - 38
Wrawby_Mariner
November 13, 2012, 11:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray

I think the programme sellers are paid, if so get rid of them and how about the turnstyle operators sell the programmes in the turnstyles?

A lot of Clubs are moving away from non paid volunteers, but I'ts a good point you make about the programmes being sold at the turnstyles.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 16 - 38
lukeo
November 13, 2012, 12:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from 1054

Being able to spell 'Voluntary' also looks good on a C.V.
Realising that the word you should have used is 'Voluntarily' would look even better

True, but you knew what i ment so does it really matter ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
big bad bob
November 13, 2012, 12:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
I dont think you can sack people just like that and then "employ" volunteers to do same job. Employment laws would not allow that me thinks,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
BlackandWhiteBarmy
November 13, 2012, 12:29pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +15 / -6
So, if I understand the situation, the Trust gifted Mr. Fenty £200K of shares so as to achieve a level of involvement with the club without representation on the board, and that the new development is asking for £30K per annum to maintain that level of co-operative involvement and gain a seat on the board.

Firstly if the Trust wanted to gain a level of involvement to with THE CLUB why were the shares given to Mr. Fenty. Secondly, no indication has been given to exactly how much influence a seat on the board will have. Thirdly are you not just trying to buy co-operative involvement with the regime that has, to all effects and purposes, put the club in the position it is in at the present moment.

The Trust will be paying £30K a year for the priviledge of helping to run the club in exactly the same way it has been run for the last ten years. In this case I believe that Cure is actually better than Prevention

The only thing a good Stilton should have in it is mould, not f**king Apricots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Answers from Mariners Trust about board matters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.