4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2012, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Very fortunate to win by 4. Started slowly and H&S got lucky with Colbeck's injury forcing them to change to 4-3-3. Stand-out players for me would be Pond, Thomas, Thanoj, Marshall & Cook. Hatton clearly better going forward than back & when Southwell came on for Hannah he looked better suited to the system - no blame on Hannah.

Two points to note - watched both teams warm up and Woking's warm-up was far more intense than ours - could this be why we start slowly? Also, we didn't know who was supposed to take corners, Marshall was sent over and his delivery was awful. Do we honestly send a team out to play football without knowing who is taking corners? Schoolboy stuff!
Private Message
barralad
November 10, 2012, 6:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Very fortunate to win by 4. Started slowly and H&S got lucky with Colbeck's injury forcing them to change to 4-3-3. Stand-out players for me would be Pond, Thomas, Thanoj, Marshall & Cook. Hatton clearly better going forward than back & when Southwell came on for Hannah he looked better suited to the system - no blame on Hannah.

Two points to note - watched both teams warm up and Woking's warm-up was far more intense than ours - could this be why we start slowly? Also, we didn't know who was supposed to take corners, Marshall was sent over and his delivery was awful. Do we honestly send a team out to play football without knowing who is taking corners? Schoolboy stuff!

No mention of Niven? H and S got lucky because Niven came on and stopped them playing through midfield.

As for the corner taker I assume that as our regular corner taker had got himself injured and Artus wasn't on the field the team were not sure who was meant to be taking them?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
gymadman
November 10, 2012, 7:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Thank God we won, can't imagine how negative you would be if we had lost    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
siy2k5
November 10, 2012, 7:45pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from gymadman
Thank God we won, can't imagine how negative you would be if we had lost    

Some people just aren't happy unless they're moaning

We've just won 5-1, sit 2nd in the league, with another home game next week...can we have just a ickle bit of positivity...or is that too much to ask? :/

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
springstomind
November 10, 2012, 7:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I do feel Hannah was very good today as was Niven when he came on. Thanoj was my MOM and was great, also contributing a goal. I don't think we were lucky to win by 4, i think we could have had more. Roll on next week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
gymadman
November 10, 2012, 7:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
They pay their money, they can have their moan, but sometimes we need to just sit back and enjoy the positives of a Saturday afternoon rather than nit pick about little things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
TownSNAFU5
November 10, 2012, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
There was one corner in the first half when it took about 3 minutes for somebody to go over and take it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2012, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from siy2k5

Some people just aren't happy unless they're moaning

We've just won 5-1, sit 2nd in the league, with another home game next week...can we have just a ickle bit of positivity...or is that too much to ask? :/

Just mixing positivity with a bit of reality. If the managers want us to start brighter (which we didn't today), then they need to put the 'up' into warm-up. We didn't touch the ball in the first 5 minutes and a good team could put us to bed in that time! Of course I'm pleased with the result, yes. i'm nit-picking but I want us to go up!!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
Super Clive
November 10, 2012, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
There was one corner in the first half when it took about 3 minutes for somebody to go over and take it.  

Marshall was talking to pearson and then took the corner...the plan nearly worked as well.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
80sglory
November 10, 2012, 10:43pm
Guest User
This talk they got "lucky" might be true but it's assuming they wouldn't have brought him off anyway.
Not the first time they've made early changes !

My guess is they would and the injury simply forced their hand a bit earlier with the score at 1-1. (don't think they'd have done it at 0-1 !)
I'd love to see the critics making decisions in the dugout I really would...
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.