oldun
November 12, 2012, 6:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from 1600

You mean the old "drop kick" ?  

Don't know about drop kick but one short back pass and then a long forward pass to either opposition corner with our wide men running into that area. Even if we lose possession we are in their final third instead of the ball bring in ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
80sglory
November 13, 2012, 1:16am
Guest User
Quoted from oldun

Don't know about drop kick but one short back pass and then a long forward pass to either opposition corner with our wide men running into that area. Even if we lose possession we are in their final third instead of the ball bring in ours.

Yeah you make some good points.
I certainly don't see the point of passing it all the way back just to hoof it forward to the halfway line.

I call it the drop kick cos many years ago it was always the trademark we used to pass it back and chip it up in the air 10 yards or so past the half way line with someone challenging in the air.
Got to be honest always thought that was a waste of time but I can see the sense in getting it a lot more forward into the corners and pushing them back early even if it goes out for a throw in.

Tbh ideally I'd probably prefer to keep possession on the deck (especially if the game has just started) simply cos it SHOULD (what a great word that is !  ) help early confidence knocking it around.

But yeah, if we're gonna start slow, fall asleep or dilly dally or in our half then guess you're right so can certainly appreciate what you're saying.
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.