gary_elton
November 4, 2012, 8:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Madeleymariner
No one seems to have remembered Tamworth missing 2 sitters in the 1st half, free header from 5 yards well wide and Till (boy did I laugh failing to connec with another one) Very even game I thought but our passing was woeful at times, and we really lacked any creativity near the penalty box. I will always settle for 3 points no matter how we play but based on the games I have attended this season we are nowhere near a championship winning team yet and best we can hope for is the playoffs

thats the spirit... if we play shite and win... its 3 points... and the level we are at I wud date Freddie Starr if it got us back in the league... lets take any 3 pointers no matter how...

ps: wudnt really date Freddie Starr...   not when there's Hayley off Corrie....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
BIGChris
November 4, 2012, 8:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
The sitter you refer to with a free header was a great cross which the Tamworth player ran on to, jumped, and failed to get any meaningful connection to. Had he done so and directe dit wide or over I would have called it a great chance, the fact he hardly made contact make sit a half chance in my book.

You could refer to Disleys header from point blank range that was blocked (possibly by Elding's(?) back) or Marshall refusing to pull the trigger when having a clear shooting opportunity inside the penalty box or Colbecks late effort theatricaly saved by their keeper/

I dont understand your weekly negativity, i really dont
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
MyDogsThoughts
November 4, 2012, 9:09am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I thought Marshall tried too hard in the first half taking one touch too many and playing in front of Bradley didn't work, they were too far apart. Second half he played on the left in front of Thomas and they gelled better, Marshall showed some neat footwork and was sythed down a few times, always bouncing up and not complaining. The sending off was a little harsh, happened ten yards from me (I was in row B): their central defender lunged in and was late, Marshall saw it coming and managed to get his feet off the ground and still got caught, had be he been back on his heels some serious damage could have been done. No mallice in the tackle, just off the ground and slightly late.

The game was close with us being the better side for most of the game. What worries me is our tactics during the latter half of the second halves: Tamworth were down to ten men, then another one of their lads hurt himself and because they'd used all three subs he hobbled around for the last 15 minutes. They therefore had 8 outfield players yet we still sat back and conceeded ground to them. It's great that our defence is so tight but this sort of 'inviting' teams to attack us will not work every week. yes, I know we haven't lost away this season, but we certainly make it hard for ourselves.

Elding was fine and caused all sorts of problems for their defence and I thought he did fine: Cook just doesn't look like a footballer and isn't as mobile, but I'm not a manager and don't know what goes on in training etc, etc.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
rancido
November 4, 2012, 2:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Madeleymariner
No one seems to have remembered Tamworth missing 2 sitters in the 1st half, free header from 5 yards well wide and Till (boy did I laugh failing to connec with another one) Very even game I thought but our passing was woeful at times, and we really lacked any creativity near the penalty box. I will always settle for 3 points no matter how we play but based on the games I have attended this season we are nowhere near a championship winning team yet and best we can hope for is the playoffs

I'd settle for Champions of the Blue Square Premier this season and leave the Championship for the future.   The fact remains that we are third and no team in this league looks like they are going to run away with it. As a point of interest , who of the teams that you have seen this season look like they are going to be Champions ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
80sglory
November 4, 2012, 3:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
I thought Marshall tried too hard in the first half taking one touch too many and playing in front of Bradley didn't work, they were too far apart. Second half he played on the left in front of Thomas and they gelled better, Marshall showed some neat footwork and was sythed down a few times, always bouncing up and not complaining. The sending off was a little harsh, happened ten yards from me (I was in row B): their central defender lunged in and was late, Marshall saw it coming and managed to get his feet off the ground and still got caught, had be he been back on his heels some serious damage could have been done. No mallice in the tackle, just off the ground and slightly late.

The game was close with us being the better side for most of the game. What worries me is our tactics during the latter half of the second halves: Tamworth were down to ten men, then another one of their lads hurt himself and because they'd used all three subs he hobbled around for the last 15 minutes. They therefore had 8 outfield players yet we still sat back and conceeded ground to them. It's great that our defence is so tight but this sort of 'inviting' teams to attack us will not work every week. yes, I know we haven't lost away this season, but we certainly make it hard for ourselves.

Elding was fine and caused all sorts of problems for their defence and I thought he did fine: Cook just doesn't look like a footballer and isn't as mobile, but I'm not a manager and don't know what goes on in training etc, etc.

Obviously wasn't here but sounds like good analysis IMO so +1
Reply: 14 - 15
BIGChris
November 4, 2012, 4:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from rancido

I'd settle for Champions of the Blue Square Premier this season and leave the Championship for the future.   The fact remains that we are third and no team in this league looks like they are going to run away with it. As a point of interest , who of the teams that you have seen this season look like they are going to be Champions ?

I think that is a good point. Luton were packed with quality but they set up all wrong against us and took a fair beating

Wrexham, looked a bit toothless against us and have been heavily beaten at home by Lincoln and Alfreton

Newport? i didnt see our game at their place but they seem to have abit of consistency about them.

In truth there simply isnt a team that others will fear. All to play for and we have as good a chance as the others imo

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.