2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
November 3, 2012, 7:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
A deserved 3 points against a limited Tamworth side. I sometimes wish we would really go for it away from home but i guess that is churlish seeing we have lost only one away game in over a year

McKeown only had one save to make when Miller back headed one from a few yards.

Miller and Pond were on top form, Disley and both full back were decent but i thought Cook made a difference in place of the totally ineffective Elding. He bundled in the goal from a few yards. It DID cross the line, and he got involved. held it up and the goal clearly gave him a lift.
Pond headed in a fine goal but was given offside. The red card? Looked late and a lunge but the number 11 was also lucky to only get a yellow for a discraceful foul of Colbeck.

Marshall improved as the game went on but he struggled to do anything in the first half.

Hopefully McKeown isnt badly injured. In the last 15mins or so he pulled up badly after hitting a long clearance

Good to see Shaun Pearson and Greg Fleming stood with the Town fans.
Private Message
samg
November 3, 2012, 7:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Good to see us grind out a win,and in all honesty had a dire 0-0 all over it - just need to start winning these home games UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
cleefish
November 3, 2012, 7:49pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6

ISPENT THURSDAY/FRIDAY DOWN SALTLY AND WENT to the game and thought that Marshall will be a big asset to town now he as had a game with the lads.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Myself after a slow start I  enjoyed the game the way our players dealt with their dirty play but a very poor ref good line men though now onwards please let us try to stay up this end of the table pleased with the fighting spirit.utmD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
acko338
November 3, 2012, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,216
Gold Stars: 33
If McKeown is out, then this year, we have an excellent deputy in Fleming, surely ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
chipsandgravy
November 3, 2012, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from BIGChris
A deserved 3 points against a limited Tamworth side. I sometimes wish we would really go for it away from home but i guess that is churlish seeing we have lost only one away game in over a year

McKeown only had one save to make when Miller back headed one from a few yards.

Miller and Pond were on top form, Disley and both full back were decent but i thought Cook made a difference in place of the totally ineffective Elding. He bundled in the goal from a few yards. It DID cross the line, and he got involved. held it up and the goal clearly gave him a lift.
Pond headed in a fine goal but was given offside. The red card? Looked late and a lunge but the number 11 was also lucky to only get a yellow for a discraceful foul of Colbeck.

Marshall improved as the game went on but he struggled to do anything in the first half.

Hopefully McKeown isnt badly injured. In the last 15mins or so he pulled up badly after hitting a long clearance

Good to see Shaun Pearson and Greg Fleming stood with the Town fans.

Amazing how people see a different game. Cook scored with his knee fair enough and I suppose it was good that he was in the right place. I watched him for most of the time he was on and thought how bad he was, hardly winning a header, couldn't hold the ball up and generally looked clumsy. Guess if we brought Dave Moore on for the increasingly unpopular Elding it would have been the right choice in Town Fans eyes. We have to have a scapegoat and judging by the 'little band of comedy morons' behind the goal today the choice was made at the start of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
BIGChris
November 3, 2012, 11:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Amazing how people see a different game. Cook scored with his knee fair enough and I suppose it was good that he was in the right place. I watched him for most of the time he was on and thought how bad he was, hardly winning a header, couldn't hold the ball up and generally looked clumsy. Guess if we brought Dave Moore on for the increasingly unpopular Elding it would have been the right choice in Town Fans eyes. We have to have a scapegoat and judging by the 'little band of comedy morons' behind the goal today the choice was made at the start of the game.

Like you say we saw the game differently. Cook bundled the ball home off his thigh but after that i thought he was strong, won more in the air than Elding had done and brought others into the game.
He certainly looks more like a farmer than a footballer, but in my eyes at least he played a big part in our win.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
aldi_01
November 4, 2012, 12:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I fail to see and understand the negatives about cook after today's game. That's two games I can think of where he has influenced it for the better.

Not sure about the red card, another day you'd only get a yellow although the cynical challenge on colbeck was disgraceful. We once again away from home never looked like losing. We showed great bouncebackability again and who knows, this time next week we could be sat top of the pile.

It wasn't a great game today but last season and before I think we'd have failed to win the game. It's a results based business and that is what we got.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
aaron rattray
November 4, 2012, 7:44am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Lee hendrie was awful, he needs to retire

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Madeleymariner
November 4, 2012, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
No one seems to have remembered Tamworth missing 2 sitters in the 1st half, free header from 5 yards well wide and Till (boy did I laugh failing to connec with another one) Very even game I thought but our passing was woeful at times, and we really lacked any creativity near the penalty box. I will always settle for 3 points no matter how we play but based on the games I have attended this season we are nowhere near a championship winning team yet and best we can hope for is the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
gary_elton
November 4, 2012, 8:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Quoted from aaron rattray
Lee hendrie was awful, he needs to retire

you really dont understand this game do you.... no no no...

Lee you were great... keep playing old son...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.