5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stranger in the Park
October 28, 2012, 11:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -194
Gold Stars: 8
Yet again we had a display of the new kamikaze tactics of the goalie playing out field-Stay in the area where you should be .Very close again to gifting the opposition a goal. Also why do both centre backs have to go up for corners. Both these practices need stopping fast. This league is quite tight at the top end and giving silly goals away could cost us at the end of the season. As we are a not free scoring side nowadays we need a very disciplined defence to maintain our position and not get caught on the break.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
October 28, 2012, 11:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Both centre backs are a threat from corners. Well they would be if the corner beat the first man.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
we will return
October 28, 2012, 11:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
I don't mind the keeper going up in the last minute, increases your chance of scoring and points are far more important than goal difference. Also think both centrebacks should be up for corners, the opposition usually leaves 1 player forward in which case you need 2 defenders back, so it's best to keep your full backs marking that player and let your centrebacks to go forward.  

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
sutton mariner
October 29, 2012, 1:10am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from we will return
I don't mind the keeper going up in the last minute, increases your chance of scoring and points are far more important than goal difference. Also think both centrebacks should be up for corners, the opposition usually leaves 1 player forward in which case you need 2 defenders back, so it's best to keep your full backs marking that player and let your centrebacks to go forward.  

This entirely.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
Alkalineroger
October 29, 2012, 1:13am
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
If our centre backs never went up, we would be even less free scoring.provide cover and send them both up, hardly a new or revolutionary thing is it?
Also you say yet again the goalie went up, are you referring to the cup game when Mckeown went up? We were going out anyway so it makes absolutely zero difference if we went out by an extra goal, we're still out.

Some guy who sits behind me in the upper smiths was loudly and continually moaning about mckeown going up in the last minutes of the cup game, I don't understand some people's desire to moan about the strangest things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
October 29, 2012, 6:32am
Guest User

Standard practice across the planet. For good reason.
Reply: 5 - 43
barralad
October 29, 2012, 6:45am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127

McKeown has got nowhere near the ball on the three occasions he has come up. There is absolutely no evidence to support this assertion other than Glass scoring for Carlisle. The Dartford game had two minutes to go. There is no telling what might have happened. Instead we played out those last minutes two down.
Saturday could have been the same.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
scrumble
October 29, 2012, 7:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
There is a reason they are goal keepers, because they are better at stopping the ball going in the net than scoring goals (With the exception of Anthony Williams). Keepers just go up and get in the way of someone better able to direct the ball into the back of the net.  When it comes to football this one of my pet  peeves, I've never understood the need for keepers to be almost at the halfway line when the ball is in the opposition half. Sure, charge out the area to close a player down if needed, but these acts of bravado of nonchalantly sitting so far up the field just makes them stupid when they have to back peddle like idiots into the area to use a keepers one main advantage, their fecking hands. Personally I'd tie them to the goal line. The fact that Glass' goal is so well known kind of shows how rare a keeper scoring like this is.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
Garth
October 29, 2012, 9:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from scrumble
There is a reason they are goal keepers, because they are better at stopping the ball going in the net than scoring goals (With the exception of Anthony Williams). Keepers just go up and get in the way of someone better able to direct the ball into the back of the net.  When it comes to football this one of my pet  peeves, I've never understood the need for keepers to be almost at the halfway line when the ball is in the opposition half. Sure, charge out the area to close a player down if needed, but these acts of bravado of nonchalantly sitting so far up the field just makes them stupid when they have to back peddle like idiots into the area to use a keepers one main advantage, their fecking hands. Personally I'd tie them to the goal line. The fact that Glass' goal is so well known kind of shows how rare a keeper scoring like this is.

With you on this, if Mckeown came up for set pieces 100 times he would not score and just gets in the way, and why does he go walk abouts during a game sometimes almost to half way is he a frustrated outfield player, please stick to what you are good at goalkeeper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Garth
October 29, 2012, 9:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from scrumble

With you on this, if Mckeown came up for set pieces 100 times he would not score and just gets in the way, and why does he go walk abouts during a game sometimes almost to half way is he a frustrated outfield player, please stick to what you are good at goalkeeping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kamikaze Tactics

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.