sonik
November 6, 2012, 2:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from queenybantam07
Chuffed to bits Ross is enjoying his time down at Blundell. He really would be struggling to get anywhere near our team at the moment - and that's nothing to do with the lads quality - it's merely testiment to how strong our first 18 is.

Nahki Wells, James Hanson, Alan Connell, Zavon Hines and Garry Thompson are all ahead of him in the attacking stakes.

So, I take this oppurtunity to ask you fishy solk how the lads is getting on? I also quickly flicked through the thread and noticed someone mention a possible sale? I rekon you could be in with half a chance of signing him - Anything in the region of £50k - £75k and we'll snap your hands off.

Hurry up and get promoted - I used to enjoy beating you lot.  

Your having a laugh I recon.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
queenybantam07
November 6, 2012, 2:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Quoted from sonik

We signed him for £35k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
BIGChris
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I think old Queeny has missed the decimal point out!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
BIGChris
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from queenybantam07

We signed him for £35k.

More fool your lot then!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
November 6, 2012, 2:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Very similar players, don't think it would be overly effective.

I don't think they are particularly similar. It's fair to say neither could be seen as target men. Liam's hold up play is a lot better than Hanna's who tends to play off the shoulder. I don't think either could play as the focal point of a 4-3-3 though (hence Liam playing left sided when we tried it last season).

From the comments made by Nicky Law (Alfreton), Hanna is one of the £1000 a week players so whether we could (or would want to) do that, I'm not sure.

Our published overall budget is 1.4m which suggests we could. Still, Hanna has a lot to prove for me - he can finish but is he a little bit one dimensional?
Reply: 34 - 50
November 6, 2012, 2:18pm
Guest User
No more than 20k I should think. Or a possible swap deal with Elding, I meen if a league 1 club were interested then surely a league 2 club would be interested aswell.
Reply: 35 - 50
Codswede
November 6, 2012, 2:23pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from sonik

This.

Good player at this level, were he to be available for nothing. Certainly nothing worth paying for when there are some real quality players knocking about on free transfers each summer.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
queenybantam07
November 12, 2012, 12:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Meh, well ......worth a try !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Super Clive
November 12, 2012, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I'd defo offer at least 30k for the lad....his record is immense he is guaranteed to get at least 20 goals a season ffs when playing regular.

Ademeno 10k....couple of appearances 2 games? Injured rest of the time!

Serge M god knows how much! Probably between 5k  and 15k..I honestly don't know but we defo payed a fee!

Easy for me to say granted but it seems a no brainer to me..
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
jimgtfc
November 12, 2012, 1:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
If anything it'll be a loan for the rest of the season, then maybe a permanent free transfer in the summer. I cant see us paying anwhere near the quoted fees above.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hannah wants to stay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.