bradzmilne
October 27, 2012, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
'All i want for christmas is the 3 loanees, the 3 loanees, the 3 loanees'  
To be honest all 3 of them sound like they want to stay and all 3 offer real quality. Id be tempted to bite the bullet and get them if i was John, as they genuinly could be the differance from finishing 8th to finishing 5th... Not my money though!  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
nightrider
October 27, 2012, 7:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I don't really think they are similar at all

Agree. Hearns similar to Elding only with goal scoring ability.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
grimsby pete
October 27, 2012, 7:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
Hannah wants to stay,

Elding wants to go,

Straight swap ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
bradzmilne
October 27, 2012, 7:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hannah wants to stay,

Elding wants to go,

Straight swap ?

PLEASE

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
barralad
October 27, 2012, 8:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hannah wants to stay,

Elding wants to go,

Straight swap ?

Ill "pag" him there on my bike...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
TownSNAFU5
October 27, 2012, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,935
Gold Stars: 42

We have to be cautious about relying on Hearn at the end of the season. He could have physical or confidence problems when he returns.  The earlier you get very bad injuries in your career the better the recovery.   This was said about both Ramsey and Wilshire, who are a lot younger.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 27, 2012, 9:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,116
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Tommy
Vardy and Mangan seemed to work for Fleetwood. Neither are target men. If you play football on the deck you don't need a 15 stone lump up front.

Bug ger! Thought I had a chance then

Oh. Thought it said 17 stone tight head prop!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
80sglory
October 28, 2012, 2:22am
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
We are still not getting the ball in to him in the right areas. He needs it into space behind defenders as his game is to play off the last defender. We were not getting the ball in there quickly enough yet. He is goal poacher and we need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him.

Been thinking about this point (a good one IMO) and have a question for you oldun.

Today we mostly saw passing play around the box (a good idea on the face of it with the weather !)
And some fans have also spoken how other teams often come with a gameplan ala
Quoted from DocTower
It appears that visiting teams have done their homework on Town . Tight at the back , boss midfield

meaning we sometime struggle to "unlock" teams (albeit we were very unlucky !)

So in light of all of that (and in hindsight), were Elding (but especially Hannah) the right players for a Buckley style neatflick passing assault on their area ? (slightly disappointed this never occured to me pre-match tbh  )

Take Luton seemed to me we played parts on the counter (including a long ball which led to Hannahs goal ?).
Now we know people generally don't like long ball but arguably our best chances of the lot v Macc came when Neilson broke free and blazed over (great sprayed long pass by Disley) and when Cook came on with his arial presence.

Without long/direct ball can Hannah ever be fully effective as a "runner" if he's got a packed defence in front of him ? (not saying today necessarily was but Macc seemed to do a fair share of defending at times)

Hope you see where I'm coming from - i.e...
Would Cook, Southwell or Pearson be possibly better suited to passing/skillful buildup play ?
Would Hannah and Elding be better suited to a long ball over the top/in behind running game ?

Apologies for another long one but hope you see what I'm driving at...
Reply: 27 - 50
oldun
October 28, 2012, 10:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think I get your point 80s. I don't think it matters who is alongside him,although he and Hearn could develop a potent partnership. I think it is more about getting the ball into space behind defenders. This means from midfield or from wide and putting it in there a bit earlier for Hanah to run onto. I rember one such ball in the first half whch he latched onto and he was onto it like a flash and nearly scored! Keeper forced him wide.. Problem is I can only remember that happening once. Other times it was all to crowded in and around the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
queenybantam07
November 6, 2012, 2:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Chuffed to bits Ross is enjoying his time down at Blundell. He really would be struggling to get anywhere near our team at the moment - and that's nothing to do with the lads quality - it's merely testiment to how strong our first 18 is.

Nahki Wells, James Hanson, Alan Connell, Zavon Hines and Garry Thompson are all ahead of him in the attacking stakes.

So, I take this oppurtunity to ask you fishy solk how the lads is getting on? I also quickly flicked through the thread and noticed someone mention a possible sale? I rekon you could be in with half a chance of signing him - Anything in the region of £50k - £75k and we'll snap your hands off.

Hurry up and get promoted - I used to enjoy beating you lot.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hannah wants to stay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.