This thread currently has 5,669 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
October 27, 2012, 12:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Go get him Town. Bradford will sell, just offer enough to turn their heads, none of this 'derisory' nonsense. I also don't think Hannah and Hearn are that much alike. Hearn is much more powerful and direct, running with the ball and prepared to wander a little to get possession. Hannah doesn't need so long on the ball, one shot, on the run or on the turn, and he'll hit the target.
I repeat, GO GET HIM TOWN!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
oldun
October 27, 2012, 1:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Tommy
Vardy and Mangan seemed to work for Fleetwood. Neither are target men. If you play football on the deck you don't need a 15 stone lump up front.

Exactly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
ClarkeyUTM
October 27, 2012, 1:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
I think they'd be brilliant together, at Alfreton Hannah reminded me a lot of Hearn, he ran the lines and picked up the ball, bringing out the defenders and creating space in the middle before cutting inside for a shot or a pass. They'd create a lot more for each other than Elding or Cook's flick-ons I reckon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
prestonmariner
October 27, 2012, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
I really hope we have the finances for this to be a real possibilty. If we do go up, he is the sort of player we need to have.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
cod.gtfc
October 27, 2012, 1:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Tommy
Vardy and Mangan seemed to work for Fleetwood. Neither are target men. If you play football on the deck you don't need a 15 stone lump up front.

Vardy played on the wing for Fleetwood

Though Hearn and Hannah would work well together in a front two in my opinion, Hannah is different type of player to Hearn, neither are target men, but Hearn works hard and holds the ball well, Hannah is a goal poacher, they would make an excellent partnership.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
northbankmariner
October 27, 2012, 2:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Very pleased to hear that hannah wants to stay, am not massively suprised by this as he is getting regular games and after a couple of goals is enjoying his football again. I dont think there is any argument that hannah and hearn could play in the same team, any good strikers would adapt their games to their partners strengths and weaknesses. I must admit i am not a fan of a big target man either, but without them you are limiting yourselves to just one style of play, i prefer 2 nippy front lads but appreciate the contribution a powerfull aerial threat can make, especially from set pieces (but i think pond,miller and pearson have got that one covered). with hannah and hearn running the channels , commiting defenders and creating spaces for each other, this can only benefit nielsen, colbeck and thomas splitting the defence with passes on the deck for a style of football most conference defences would struggle to cope with. Most defences at this league have at least one lump of  a centre half who could cancel out elding and cooke.  
3 things depend on this happening, 1, will bradford sell, 2 could we afford him, 3 everyone is assuming hearn is going to come back firing on all cylinders and he is the saviour and messiah. Whilst hearn is quality at this level and i rate him as a goal getter for his directness, he has suffered a huge injury and none of us can predict how this has affected his body and his game style. I hope and pray he comes back just as good as he was last season but am sceptical he may not be the same player. Hope  i am wrong here but am i the only one that thinks this, surely not !!!!!!!!!
Anyway UTM onwards and upwads.    Sing Him UP Please

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
lukeo
October 27, 2012, 2:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,420
Gold Stars: 149
Just heard the interview, let's hope Bradford allow us have the chance to keep him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
gymadman
October 27, 2012, 5:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Hannah wants to stay then up your game son, because  today was no where near what is required to sell yourself,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
oldun
October 27, 2012, 6:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We are still not getting the ball in to him in the right areas. He needs it into space behind defenders as his game is to play off the last defender. We were not getting the ball in there quickly enough yet. He is goal poacher and we need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
headingly_mariner
October 27, 2012, 6:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,418
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from mariner91

Very similar players, don't think it would be overly effective.

I don't really think they are similar at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hannah wants to stay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.