Abdul19
August 25, 2012, 12:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Fair enough it has been in the last year, but only because it started with players in top flight and then spread to the teraces.

Did it?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
Gary Haddock
August 25, 2012, 11:52am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Abdul19

Did it?

the first racist case I heard of in football did yes, Caz wasn't before the like of Terry, Suarez etc, the publicity has made it worse.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Wrawby_Mariner
August 25, 2012, 11:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Gary Haddock

the first racist case I heard of in football did yes, Caz wasn't before the like of Terry, Suarez etc, the publicity has made it worse.

Racism in football has been going on for years and has been seen at all levels of the game across the world
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 28
Gary Haddock
August 25, 2012, 12:34pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Racism in football has been going on for years and has been seen at all levels of the game across the world

well we have no control over the rest of the world so nothing we can do about that, but as for this country I didn't think it was that bad, obviously there was and always will be, a small minority of racists but didn't think it was that big of a problem, meaning that it's not an everyday occurance, which I don't believe it is otherwise I'm sure I would of heard about it years ago. In football that is, as for out of football yeh in work places and in pubs I have heard racist remarks mainly towards the polish though (not that, that's exceptable).

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Abdul19
August 25, 2012, 2:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Gary Haddock

So the infamous 'Braintree at home' case was down to Luis Suarez?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
grimps
August 25, 2012, 2:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 46
Who cares to be honest apart from the people organising the campaign ?do they get free tickets and some nice t shirts from the clubs ?
or do they just like to sit around and discuss what a fantastic job they've done and pat themselves on their backs at dinner parties.
If they really want an area to target id say theres more racism on public transport if recent press stories are anything to go by.
Why do football fans need to be told not to be racist rather than other sections of society ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
bax
August 25, 2012, 3:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimps
Who cares to be honest apart from the people organising the campaign ?do they get free tickets and some nice t shirts from the clubs ?
or do they just like to sit around and discuss what a fantastic job they've done and pat themselves on their backs at dinner parties.
If they really want an area to target id say theres more racism on public transport if recent press stories are anything to go by.
Why do football fans need to be told not to be racist rather than other sections of society ?

Hi Grimps.

No, we don't get free tickets or free t-shirts. And I don't go to dinner parties. This isn't about educating football supporters, it's about educating people. The football club has a captive audience and is a leading voice in the community. I feel they have an obligation to use that voice to take part in anti-racism initiatives. If you think I'm a bad person for wanting to try and make a difference, you're entitled to that opinion but I'd rather do something positive than sit on my bottom and snipe behind the anonymity of a computer screen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
grimps
August 25, 2012, 3:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from bax

Hi Grimps.

No, we don't get free tickets or free t-shirts. And I don't go to dinner parties. This isn't about educating football supporters, it's about educating people. The football club has a captive audience and is a leading voice in the community. I feel they have an obligation to use that voice to take part in anti-racism initiatives. If you think I'm a bad person for wanting to try and make a difference, you're entitled to that opinion but I'd rather do something positive than sit on my bottom and snipe behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

Im pretty sure it is about educating football suporters and why do I need to be told not to be racist anyway ?
Im sure most decent people dont need to be told what the diffrence from right from wrong is ,why dont they put adverts on at the cinema asking me to refrain from burgling ?
or do a campaign on the side of busses asking me not to rape people ?
The reason is because you dont need to have to tell decent people not to do these things but the likes of you still look down your noses at football fans and think we cant sit in a staduim without turning into the klu klux klan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
bladerunnner
August 25, 2012, 4:07pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from grimps

Im pretty sure it is about educating football suporters and why do I need to be told not to be racist anyway ?
Im sure most decent people dont need to be told what the diffrence from right from wrong is ,why dont they put adverts on at the cinima asking me to refrain from burgling ?
The reason is because you dont need to have to tell decent people not to do these things but the likes of you still look down your noses at football fans and think we cant sit in a staduim without turning into the klu klux klan

the penny hasn't dropped yet has it?
racism is the pet project of the liberal ruling elite,and therefore only perpetrated by the great unwashed working class.
i in many threads on this forum have posted my opposition to the islamification of northern Europe via the breeding jihad..........it was a thread that went on for weeks,proof if needed with the liberal obsession to pandre and clamour to every minority out there except the white working classes that they despise so much,hope this helps

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Abdul19
August 25, 2012, 4:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from grimps

Im sure most decent people dont need to be told what the diffrence from right from wrong is ,why dont they put adverts on at the cinima asking me to refrain from burgling ?

They put adverts on asking you not to illegally download or buy pirated films though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans unite & call on GTFC to kick racism out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.