3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
August 24, 2012, 9:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
The Fishy, Cod Almighty & myself have joined forces with anti-racism campaigners Kick It Out to ask the club to take part in initiatives to help kick racism out of football. We've written a joint letter to the club asking for them to consider wearing Kick It Out t-shirts before Monday's game and to take the lead on educational schemes in the community.  The letter can be found here:

http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....acism-from-football/

Any support would be appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
August 24, 2012, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Seems a good idea to me, the club should already know this.

Just out of interest why have the kick racism out signs at bp covered up the other day?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
psgmariner
August 24, 2012, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Super Clive

Just out of interest why have the kick racism out signs at bp covered up the other day?

They were deemed offensive to racists.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Super Clive
August 24, 2012, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from psgmariner

They were deemed offensive to racists.

Seriously though the one between the upper and osmond was covered up the other day! Well the racism part was so it was kick out......black patch.

Which I found awfully odd considering the ongoing court case.

Probably just needed a new one? I don't know but it seem odd.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
aldi_01
August 24, 2012, 12:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Whilst the kick it out campaign is a great idea and should be prominent on the football agenda in any country and league, not just here i do think this has all gone a little bit crazy at town.

The simple fact is, GTFC and every other club has to admit that there will always be some supporters both in and out of the ground that will hold racist views. I'm not saying the club shouldn't try and stamp it out but there also has to be an element of realism that unfortunately we still live in a world where people hold these crazy views and they may come to the top occasionally. I do agree that the club haven't exactly dealt with the current situation very well but reading between the lines etc, I don't think all parties involved have really helped at times. The fact is, the club should have done what they could have done by the book, let the law take its course and then support the decisions made. If a restorative approach was decided in court then follow that route, if a ban, fine etc was issued then follow that. Instead it has turned into a mess.

I'm all for people wanting to get the club and supporters alike to get motivated to get rid of this nonsense from our club and football but it does sometimes feel like some have taken it as an almost personal attack on them and that we are all being deemed racists...we aren't, simple as that.

Kick it out is and has worked in this country but actually the issue of racism is small time in football in comparison to the rest of the country. The programme on recently was an easy watch because it only told us what we already know, showed us what we've all seen before and failed at having a hidden agenda on bringing the beautiful game down...they should have gone to Spain, Russia etc where they even racially abuse their own players much worse than a simple offensive word then may be it would have shocked more people.

And the reason John Barnes isn't in a job is nothing to do with skin colour, culture, religion etc...it's because he's a flipping awful manager.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Gary Haddock
August 24, 2012, 12:19pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I don't even think racisym is that big of a problem. Before people take that the wrong way. I mean I don't think it's common. Fair enough it has been in the last year, but only because it started with players in top flight and then spread to the teraces. Stop giving these idiots (the racist) publicity and then they'll stop, simply because they wouldn't be getting a response. But for as long as they get publicity it will encourage other idiots out too. I hadn't heard of any cases involving racisym until, Saurez, Ferdinand, Terry, then after that it spread.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
STB
August 24, 2012, 4:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from aldi_01

And the reason John Barnes isn't in a job is nothing to do with skin colour, culture, religion etc...it's because he's a flipping awful manager.

And a millionaire property developer.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
gtfc98
August 24, 2012, 5:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
I just wish they'd ban the female dog.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
August 24, 2012, 8:35pm
Guest User
Ban anti racism campaigns fookin sick of hearing it theres more important things going on these campaigns are about 30years to late.
Reply: 8 - 28
STB
August 24, 2012, 11:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Let's start an anti-anti-racism campaign.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans unite & call on GTFC to kick racism out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.