Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 76 Guests

Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

This thread currently has 3,272 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Exiled in Leicester
August 19, 2012, 8:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +49
Gold Stars: 3
Ok not a great start to the season but FFS give the lads a chance .......43 games to go you know !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
August 20, 2012, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
You haven't been to any of the games then?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
gary_elton
August 20, 2012, 9:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
echoes of last season... how long before shouty has a go at a fan / some fans agn ?

not been to any games as yet... no plans to do so due to work commitments , but to be honest
I dont think I'm missing too much so the £75 to £100 it would cost me to see match is staying hard earned and
well in my pocket... only a serious upturn will make me change my mind... sad , but there ya go..

still GTID... UTM...  one day soon I hope things will finally turn the corner...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
denni266
August 20, 2012, 9:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
FFS that many games left to suffer  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
petethemariner
August 20, 2012, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Maybe it is too early to start shouting for the heads of S & H, but the standard of football that has been served up in the first two home games of the season has been appalling, no idea other than launching the ball down the field - what exactly do they do at Cheapside all week?
People will not continue to pay what basically are football league prices for such rubbish and if it continues you will soon see gates under 2000 - that has to be a real concern to Fenty with a break even figure something in the region of 3500 - last season we were told by many to have patience , but it was only a freak run of high goalscoring- more or less from the one shining light in our squad ( now injured for some time it seems) that kept our season alive until the end of Feb, when normal service was resumed.
We now face two very difficult  games in the next few days and unless there is a dramatic improvement,  the  real possibility of 2 points from 5 games, at which point i am sure it will be pointed out by someone that there are still  41 games to go and so on ...
This club does not have time - there isn't a Bennett transfer on the horizon to pay for this years  potential losses, so if things d'ont improve Fenty has to act and quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
wigworld
August 20, 2012, 11:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
You haven't been to any of the games then?

This. It's not the results that have brought everyone down - it's the performance on the pitch.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 27
RonMariner
August 20, 2012, 11:55am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,875
Gold Stars: 232
When would it be time for doom and gloom then?

Let me know I'll set the alarm clock.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Super Clive
August 20, 2012, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from gary_elton
echoes of last season... how long before shouty has a go at a fan / some fans agn ?

not been to any games as yet... no plans to do so due to work commitments , but to be honest
I dont think I'm missing too much so the £75 to £100 it would cost me to see match is staying hard earned and
well in my pocket... only a serious upturn will make me change my mind... sad , but there ya go..

still GTID... UTM...  one day soon I hope things will finally turn the corner...  

I'm with you on this. This is totally my situation and I bet we're not alone!

Well  said.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
STB
August 20, 2012, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from petethemariner
gates under 2000 - that has to be a real concern to Fenty with a break even figure something in the region of 3500.

Without any money put in to the club by individuals, the break even figure is over 6000 fans per home match.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
voice of reason
August 20, 2012, 6:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Ok not a great start to the season but FFS give the lads a chance .......43 games to go you know !!

FFS, couldn't you have put this on one of the other threads, instead of making a new one, about a subject already covered?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.