Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 92 Guests

Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

This thread currently has 3,273 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
August 21, 2012, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from oldun
We have a squad of players, many of whom are capable of playing well. What we do not have is a team, a settled team playing to a well drillled formation. At the moment they are 11 individuals on the pitch and so far it has made no difference which members of the squad has played. The end performance has been the same. I do not think S & H know which is the best formation or team. Scott's remarks about needing tougher, stronger "bullying" players in this league are surprising. If he belives this, and he might have a point, why did he and Hurst not sign any? however I think Nathan Pond is a good example of a strong athletic player who can impose himself on the opposition.

I thought Niven was brought in for the physical side? It looks like Niven and Disley possibly don't mix well in a formation. After Saturday surely Niven gets the nod and we re-jig the midfield once again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
80sglory
August 21, 2012, 2:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
What we do not have is a team, a settled team playing to a well drillled formation.

Agree about well drilled but tbf the team that that lost to Stockport was exactly the same as Southport.
We can complain about changes after we've lost but it's hardly suprising if picking the same isn't working either.
Reply: 21 - 27
realityman
August 21, 2012, 3:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
can't you lot hear yourselves! its the same arguments season after season after season and its getting boring. in your world everything will be alright if you do this or do that but in the real world it just wont!  how are things going to be any different if we keep making the same mistakes and then on top of that keep making the same old excuses. stop making excuses, stop insulting people and start a forum for change because only change will make the difference. why oh why would you want to follow this miserable regime let alone support it. i will put the record straight:  i want gtfc to be successful but i KNOW that is impossible under this dreadful regime!  something a lot of you have not quite grasped yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 21, 2012, 3:14pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from realityman
can't you lot hear yourselves! its the same arguments season after season after season and its getting boring. in your world everything will be alright if you do this or do that but in the real world it just wont!  how are things going to be any different if we keep making the same mistakes and then on top of that keep making the same old excuses. stop making excuses, stop insulting people and start a forum for change because only change will make the difference. why oh why would you want to follow this miserable regime let alone support it. i will put the record straight:  i want gtfc to be successful but i KNOW that is impossible under this dreadful regime!  something a lot of you have not quite grasped yet!

don't think anyone even cares what you think, you couldn't even answer some one elses simple question. The question being, "do you even want sucess for the club or do you prefer failure?" all you seem to do is try convince people to give up supporting town, why? if you give up, then you give up, but like I've said before don't try and drag others down to your level. we may feel let down so far but we still support the club whether you liike it or not.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
realityman
August 21, 2012, 4:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
here we go again, another delusional poster!  did you not read my post or has it gone straight over your head. i will spell it out for you T H E  O N L Y  W A Y  F O R W A R D  I S  C H A N G E. is that simple enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Gary Haddock
August 21, 2012, 4:19pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from realityman
here we go again, another delusional poster!  did you not read my post or has it gone straight over your head. i will spell it out for you T H E  O N L Y  W A Y  F O R W A R D  I S  C H A N G E. is that simple enough!

going most of your posts, you couldn't care whether we'd go forward or not. and I didn't actually read your post. as soon as I saw your name, I thought here we go again, more shite. but for a change your right. the only way forward is change.

but I know what change you think, let's see if I'm right. Fenty out and managers sacked yeh?
for me a change in tactics might do the trick.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
rancido
August 21, 2012, 5:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from realityman
can't you lot hear yourselves! its the same arguments season after season after season and its getting boring. in your world everything will be alright if you do this or do that but in the real world it just wont! how are things going to be any different if we keep making the same mistakes and then on top of that keep making the same old excuses. stop making excuses, stop insulting people and start a forum for change because only change will make the difference. why oh why would you want to follow this miserable regime let alone support it. i will put the record straight:  i want gtfc to be successful but i KNOW that is impossible under this dreadful regime!  something a lot of you have not quite grasped yet!

Surely you are contradicting yourself here ? By doing this or that different to what we have been doing surely is a change ? What you really mean is get rid of Fenty , get rid of the Board , sack the managers and then every thing will miraculously be ok. Fine .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
RoboCod
August 21, 2012, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from rancido

Surely you are contradicting yourself here ? By doing this or that different to what we have been doing surely is a change ? What you really mean is get rid of Fenty , get rid of the Board , sack the managers and then every thing will miraculously be ok. Fine .

Don't forget to sign the Scandinavian keeper.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.