Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 46 Guests

Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

This thread currently has 3,271 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
August 20, 2012, 6:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from wigworld

This. It's not the results that have brought everyone down - it's the performance on the pitch.

It's been 2 game , both teams who we have been up against had a game plan . Everyone behind the ball , man marked with spare defenders . The opposition don't come to entertain , but we don't have the guile to brake them down . Sorry to say but midfield again .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
HungryHaddock
August 20, 2012, 8:11pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +10 / -2
i thought the breakeven was 3000 bang on per match

Pride of Lincolnshire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
AlanPoutonsTackle
August 20, 2012, 8:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Is it only me or is this too early claim we get a load of rubbish. JF has to be fair to him pumped some good money in to this side, far more than Nuneaton can dream of spending. And despite everything GTFC are a catch at this level. Why should we accept waiting 10-15 games to get going and then more than likely tail off again for the last 10.If the managers can't build a team that they can tweak in the summer so we can start with a runner then they should not be here. The aim is promotion and the longer we go without the less chance of us doing it at all.All we are asking is competent for this level footballers to play football. How long have we been taking a lead late on then letting it go by being downright sloppy. They don't have to commit football suicide when they go in front. the difference is winning mentality or not, it won't just appear it has to be engrained

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
ROKERITE
August 20, 2012, 8:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
If Grimsby Town fail to reach the play-offs this season then I think there'll have to be serious consideration of whether H&S should be replaced in May, 2013.
Until then, hope that Liam Hearn is back in the team sooner rather than later, and see what H&S can do. There will certainly be no excuse if this season's finish is no better than last season's.
I believe managers who've proved to be winners at previous clubs must be given time to show what they can do. By the end of this season they will have had time. Three matches into this season they still have not had time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
voice of reason
August 20, 2012, 9:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ROKERITE
If Grimsby Town fail to reach the play-offs this season then I think there'll have to be serious consideration of whether H&S should be replaced in May, 2013.
Until then, hope that Liam Hearn is back in the team sooner rather than later, and see what H&S can do. There will certainly be no excuse if this season's finish is no better than last season's.
I believe managers who've proved to be winners at previous clubs must be given time to show what they can do. By the end of this season they will have had time. Three matches into this season they still have not had time.

Actually it's 3 this season, 46 last season and about 13 at the end of the season they took over, so I think they have had enough time. Definitely enough time to not be coming out with the same shite they came out with when they first arrived, things like "the players don't communicate well enough", "the players are scared of playing at home", "that's the worst performance we've had as managers", " the players aren't doing what we tell them", blah blah fooking blah....

Well then clever fookers, what have you been doing since you arrived, go on, tell us... You was quick to slag off previous players and managers, you sounded like you had the answers, clearly you haven't...

Now can anyone point me to any progress since they've been in charge???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
lowerfindus
August 20, 2012, 9:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from voice of reason

Actually it's 3 this season, 46 last season and about 13 at the end of the season they took over, so I think they have had enough time. Definitely enough time to not be coming out with the same shite they came out with when they first arrived, things like "the players don't communicate well enough", "the players are scared of playing at home", "that's the worst performance we've had as managers", " the players aren't doing what we tell them", blah blah fooking blah....

Well then clever fookers, what have you been doing since you arrived, go on, tell us... You was quick to slag off previous players and managers, you sounded like you had the answers, clearly you haven't...

I agree, they soon shot their mouths off about the previous failing manager and have come up with very few answers themselves. If anything they have managed to make us more of a non-league team than before!

Last seasons mid season run covered up the failings of the two muppets. Technique, vison and ability seems to be valued well below fitness, strength and pace yet we seem incapable of playing high tempo, aggressive, longball football. Thats got to be a little odd? Are we a long ball team that cant actually play longball?
Are our dynamic, computer literate management team incapable of getting the players to do as they ask?

Surely with a nutter like Scott in the dressing room we could at least expect to see a few players flying into tackles and generally running around like they want to punch every opposition player (apart from Brad Wood as he does this most of the time irrelevant of the manager).

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
GYinScuntland
August 20, 2012, 10:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98

Bloody hell, is it that long? Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself? Seriously though, that is frightening considering what we were led to expect from what they said at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Badger57
August 20, 2012, 10:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30

EXACTLY? And their answer is......... I wait with (barely) baited breath.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
80sglory
August 21, 2012, 3:42am
Guest User
Quoted from lowerfindus
Technique, vison and ability seems to be valued well below fitness, strength and pace yet we seem incapable of playing high tempo, aggressive, longball football. Thats got to be a little odd? Are we a long ball team that cant actually play longball?

Blimey that's a very good way of putting it + a very good question !  

Here's another question - given the players we've got, what style suits us ?

We've got some promising midfielders who can pass the ball but aren't what you'd necessarily call "physical".

Perhaps using pace against defences is an "efficient" way of creating some chances (or the best leveller) but opposition teams can often sit behind the ball making it partly redundant.
But do we have the skills up top to do a Buckley and unlock them ?

The more I think about it, the more confused I am what we actually are !  

But I agree with the OP it shouldn't be all doom and gloom.
It's not like we haven't found some kind of formula of success on a winning run before.
A win soon could change things quick.
Reply: 18 - 27
oldun
August 21, 2012, 10:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We have a squad of players, many of whom are capable of playing well. What we do not have is a team, a settled team playing to a well drillled formation. At the moment they are 11 individuals on the pitch and so far it has made no difference which members of the squad has played. The end performance has been the same. I do not think S & H know which is the best formation or team. Scott's remarks about needing tougher, stronger "bullying" players in this league are surprising. If he belives this, and he might have a point, why did he and Hurst not sign any? however I think Nathan Pond is a good example of a strong athletic player who can impose himself on the opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Too early for all this doom and gloom .....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.