rancido
August 17, 2012, 7:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,611
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimps

Yeah Buckley took over a relagated squad that had lost a good few players ,it took him 7 games to win and take them straight back up.its took these two a season and a half and we still havnt gelled and they still dont know there best team

Not his first season  - we finished 9th that one.It was AB's second season we got promoted.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
nelly_gtfc
August 17, 2012, 8:16pm
Guest User
I doubt John Fenty will take notice of a few measly forum posts like this, when around 3,000+ goto the matches anyway.

Moan all you want, because no one will take any notice at the club lol.

We have only been in this league 3 years anyway, I'll probally moan after 8 years, considering that's how long it's taken York to finally get out of it.
Reply: 41 - 44
grimps
August 17, 2012, 8:34pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from rancido

Not his first season  - we finished 9th that one.It was AB's second season we got promoted.

Not in his second coming in 97-98 , the time you quoted.
and without checking his first season we beat Torquay in his 1st home game in charge  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
80sglory
August 18, 2012, 12:49am
Guest User
Quoted from JonnyK

I thought it was a wind up and the post structure was similar.  I didn't think anyone would seriously have such a strong opinion against the managers so didn't take it seriously.  It seems some people have.

So you thought cos it was a wind up (not that I would agree) that it was me ?
Thanks a bunch !  

We all like a laugh but when the fortunes of GTFC are at stake it's no joking matter. (well not for me anyway)
Not that people aren't entitled to their views of course...
Reply: 43 - 44
rancido
August 18, 2012, 1:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,611
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimps

Not in his second coming in 97-98 , the time you quoted.
and without checking his first season we beat Torquay in his 1st home game in charge  

And then lost the next two home games - 4-0 to Rotherham and 3-1 to Rochdale  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › shorty and shouty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.