FFS
August 16, 2012, 4:42pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Pelham
Alan Buckley is the only man who can save this club. Let's face it, if someone with his record of success applied for the job, we'd bite his hand off. The only mark agains thin is that he enjoyed that success with us and made enemies of some ignorant people doing it. Those ignorant people are the same ones who support the inept management we have now. They have no appreciation for good football.

The managers must be sacked and Buckley must replace them. It's the only way.

FFS

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
louth_in_the_south
August 16, 2012, 5:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
How about Buckley The King as chairman ? I'd guess there would be a few people who'd be more happy to put their money in with him in charge of the club .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
rancido
August 16, 2012, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,612
Quoted from the solster
There is definitely an issue here with management and you don't need to be Einstein to work that out.
The new signings again on face value appear to be great but when they pull on that black and white shirt they just seem to turn to jelly.
That is a management problem. Shorty and Shouty are not fit to lace the boots of Alan Buckley.
Mendonca, Lester, Cockerill, Gilbert, Handyside, Lever, Macca, Davison, Donovan, Burnett, Grovesy the list goes on and on and on. (embarrassing isn't it)
The players that man spotted and signed in his time at town were the key to a generation of success.
Stability, pride, fear and support bred that phenomenal success.
Shorty and Shouty can claim Hearn and Elding and not a lot more IMHO almost two seasons at the helm.
Whatever is going on the boardroom, I fear these two clowns are giving us a circus act and I for one will be expecting them to walk the high wire if Town are nowhere near the playoffs by Christmas. Feel free to disagree. UTM

I wonder who's alter ego this is ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
JonnyK
August 16, 2012, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Quoted from rancido

I wonder who's alter ego this is ?

Ha!  My thoughts exactly.  I'm going for 80s Glory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Super Clive
August 16, 2012, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Won't be 80s, he's not narrow minded.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
rancido
August 16, 2012, 5:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,612
Quoted from JonnyK

Ha!  My thoughts exactly.  I'm going for 80s Glory.

Don't think so . More likely to be one of the regular doom mongers who never go to BP and prefer to spend time on here slagging off the club,chairman,managers and whoever else falls in their sights at that particular moment in time.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
JonnyK
August 16, 2012, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Fair enough.  I assumed it was someone on a wind up though.  At least they can spell, which rules out around one-third of posters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Longmariner
August 16, 2012, 6:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Well I don't know about you lot but am backing the so called shorty and shouty also known as hurst and Scott, also known as are management team and I am fully 100% behind them. After all we have played loads of games already this season (2) and the team has not gelled. FFS.  2 competitive games people, start getting real. It will happen. I am certain they know what there doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
grimsby pete
August 16, 2012, 6:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,802
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
How about Buckley The King as chairman ? I'd guess there would be a few people who'd be more happy to put their money in with him in charge of the club .

Now that would be a good idea,

The Trust could give him £50,000 worth of shares so he could take over.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
denni266
August 16, 2012, 7:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Not sure about him being chairman tbh,, but he does know his football and is well respected. Maby a director would be good..  in that way whoever is manager or managers, would know one of there bosses knows about football and has been there done it and worn the tee shirt, and not a gloryfied fish filleter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › shorty and shouty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.