strikeforce

This thread currently has 2,768 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
slide to unlock
July 29, 2012, 12:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
do we think we got the best strikeforce in the devision? plenty of options up there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Fishfinger
July 29, 2012, 12:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
I think it'll possibly be between us, Luton (Shaw, Rendell, Gray etc). Mansfield (Speight,Green) and FGR (Vieira, Styche etc)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
slide to unlock
July 29, 2012, 12:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
i think we are very strong this year, not only up top but all over the park. but we certainly got firepower that will i think prove vital this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
mariner91
July 29, 2012, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,925
Gold Stars: 264
Strikers win you games. Defences win you leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
cod.gtfc
July 29, 2012, 12:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Reckon Lutons is the best with Rendell, Gray, Fleetwood and Shaw. Mansfield's is decent but similar to ours. Forest Green also look tasty. We are certainly in the top 4 best strikeforce, but its not just about scoring goals, we need to keep them out at the other end as well, I'd take 1-0 wins every game over 5-4's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Jarmo.Is.God
July 29, 2012, 2:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from mariner91

Very true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
livosnose
July 29, 2012, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Reckon Lutons is the best with Rendell, Gray, Fleetwood and Shaw. Mansfield's is decent but similar to ours. Forest Green also look tasty. We are certainly in the top 4 best strikeforce, but its not just about scoring goals, we need to keep them out at the other end as well, I'd take 1-0 wins every game over 5-4's

I wouldnt

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
acko338
July 29, 2012, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
All opposition to score - nil (0) - How realistic can that be in the first month ?

Everyone wants to see attractive football playing havoc with the opponents - I would be far happier with no goals against for as long as possible, especially in that first month - remember the lousy start of 0 - 7 against in 3 matches last year.

Arsenal only started playing one touch football after years of their solid back four blocking all opponents out of the game !!

Stop them scoring, makes every other player's work so much easier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
siy2k5
July 29, 2012, 6:21pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
If we get the defnesive side of the game right this season, then we certainly have the players up front to win us games.  However, we really need to cut out those silly individual errors, as it's no good having to score 2-3 goals every game.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
80sglory
July 29, 2012, 6:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

True but to win the league you need to win a lot of games.

Not saying we should go gung-ho but obviously you don't need to defend as much if you're attacking or dominating possesion.

Quoted from acko338
All opposition to score - nil (0) - How realistic can that be in the first month ?

Not very IMO !

Even if it is, why have a different gameplan in month 1 to the rest of the season ?
Sorry it makes no sense to me.

Let's face facts, we ARE gonna concede at some point, it's whether we can regularly outscore the opposition.

If Town history has taught us anything it's that a "keep it tight at the back and try to nick one" gameplan won't be sending up to the top of the pile !

Also if we expect to be defending more than attacking then what's it saying about our belief of where we can go ?...

intercourse successive away 0-0's IMO - I'd rather we lost 10-0 and then won 5-4 for more points in the bag.
If we can beat Scunny then let's go down to Southport meaning business to hurt them and get off to a flyer.
Nothing to lose with successive home games after.
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › strikeforce

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.