Government cutbacks

This thread currently has 2,571 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jackfoster
July 25, 2012, 9:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
With the economy still shrinking, perhaps it is time for the government to face up to the reality that putting people out of work is not the best way to revive the economy. The cuts are a right wing wet dream, and now they want to murder employment rights. How much longer can this go on for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
One Decent Lester
July 25, 2012, 10:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Will only get worse after the Olympics is out the way. The girl privates haven't wanted to rock the boat too much in the last 6 months but still show their arrogance and un caring side every now and then. Once the Olympics is done and dusted it could be bad times for many.

For me we need to use bad times like this to invest massively in infrastructure and green energy projects so we aren't totally reliant on other countries for power in the future. I am a big believer in making sure your construction workers and tradesman have money in their back pocket. As they spend it and get it flowing around the economy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
kingofthekippers
July 25, 2012, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
This is the scariest shit I've known in my 40-plus years on this planet. We are facing into the abyss and 99.9% of people don't even realise it.

It is academic who is in charge. It is academic whether we borrow more or cut more. The euro is fucked; you can only pass the buck for so long. First it was Greece, then it was Ireland, the it was Portugal, then back to Greece. And then Greece again. And again. Then the Spanish banks. Then maybe Spain itself. And then back to Greece. Italy next, possibly France. Even Germany is at risk because of what is expected of them.

You can only bail something out so many times then the bailer runs out of cash, be it Germany, the EU, the ECB or the IMF. The euro is doomed; it is not a question of 'if' but 'when?'. Banks will collapse, governments will not be able to bail them out. Governments will collapse, society will follow. There will be civil war in Greece inside of two years.

The great depression will look like a wet fart compared to this. The knock-on effect will be catastrophic; the UK will face the biggest drop in living standards ever, for western Europe as a whole has lived beyond its' means for decades. It will take a generation for us to recover. Mass unemployment will haunt us for years. Our salad days are well and truly over.

You may mock but we have seen nothing yet.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
mariner91
July 26, 2012, 1:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from kingofthekippers
This is the scariest shit I've known in my 40-plus years on this planet. We are facing into the abyss and 99.9% of people don't even realise it.

It is academic who is in charge. It is academic whether we borrow more or cut more. The euro is fucked; you can only pass the buck for so long. First it was Greece, then it was Ireland, the it was Portugal, then back to Greece. And then Greece again. And again. Then the Spanish banks. Then maybe Spain itself. And then back to Greece. Italy next, possibly France. Even Germany is at risk because of what is expected of them.

You can only bail something out so many times then the bailer runs out of cash, be it Germany, the EU, the ECB or the IMF. The euro is doomed; it is not a question of 'if' but 'when?'. Banks will collapse, governments will not be able to bail them out. Governments will collapse, society will follow. There will be civil war in Greece inside of two years.

The great depression will look like a wet fart compared to this. The knock-on effect will be catastrophic; the UK will face the biggest drop in living standards ever, for western Europe as a whole has lived beyond its' means for decades. It will take a generation for us to recover. Mass unemployment will haunt us for years. Our salad days are well and truly over.

Well that was a cheerful bed time read .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Manchester Mariner
July 26, 2012, 8:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 41

[IMG]http://data7.blog.de/media/046/6022046_d8198afadc_m.jpeg[/IMG]

But in all seriousness, whilst I dont think it will go as far as civil war the future looks bleak.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
Super Clive
July 26, 2012, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1

Whs
We have talked about this at work for months, scary stuff. I think its time to look after number 1 plus all this shite about paying us the tradesmen cash in had is morally wrong, fuk them I say customers can't afford to pay top wack.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
upthestripes
July 26, 2012, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Super Clive

Whs
We have talked about this at work for months, scary stuff. I think its time to look after number 1 plus all this shite about paying us the tradesmen cash in had is morally wrong, fuk them I say customers can't afford to pay top wack.

When has it not been time for that Clive? That's one of the biggest problems with the way society has become. We're not meant to have this attitude, we're meant to be gregarious, living in small, co-dependant and tight communities, not wading through crowds of thousands on a daily basis as though none of them were actually even there. I think what we need more than anything is to start to pull together again, not cut ourselves further adrift.

If what KotK says turns out to be true, and capitalism has finally started to collapse under the weight of its own greed, then I think we need to start seriously re-thinking the way we're going.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
marinette
July 26, 2012, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from upthestripes

If what KotK says turns out to be true, and capitalism has finally started to collapse under the weight of its own greed, then I think we need to start seriously re-thinking the way we're going.

Lives are being destroyed in the current economic situation, but I haven't seen any evidence of capitalism starting to collapse under the weight of its own greed just yet.

[url]http://www.metro.co.uk/news/897604-what-recession-britains-richest-get-richer-still-to-share-record-414bn[/url]

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
aaron rattray
July 26, 2012, 12:55pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Somebody contact the government, i think that we are recovering but it is a slow recovery maybe 7 years until we have recovered properly

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
GrimRob
July 26, 2012, 1:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,470
Gold Stars: 115
Unbridled capitalism was always doomed when we are limited to a finite set of resources. All the talk of "growth" is an absurdity when we in this country already have a living standard hundreds of times what the poorest nations on earth have to put up with. We're due for a massive "correction" and a big fall in living standards seems inevitable to me over the years to come.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Government cutbacks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.