4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 6, 2012, 11:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from north wall

Me do my sums how do Public Sector workers contribute tax revenue when their wages are taken fron the tax coffers and they return 30% of it

Who would empty your bins? who'd look after the elderly in their home? who'd try and ensure that children at risk aren't physically or sexually abused? who's repair the roads? who'd ensure the parks and open spaces are kept looking nice? who'd ensure you don't get small measures in the pubs? who's teach your kids? who'd look after you in hospital? who's try and ensure that crime doesn't run rampant? Come to think of it, who'd fight the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? These and other professions are functions of the state. Do you think G4S could carry out something like the Falklands conflict?

Get a grip on reality FFS, you have to have provision that doesn't entail making a profit, it's called the STATE and it's supposed to be there to look after you from the cradle to the grave. The midwife who brought you into this world was also a state employee.

Next time someone tries to tell you that state equals bad, and private equals good, ask them about the bankers to start with, then G4S, then all the shysters who run the care homes for the elderly but are only interested in making profits rather than providing a decent level of care, then ask them about all the richest in the country who have billions of pounds stashed away offshore that could wipe out the total debt in this country, and pay for a standard of care and state provision that would be second to none. But no, you're happy to make cheap jibes about other workers because it's easy to do so. Do you read the Daily Mail or Express perhaps?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
north wall
August 6, 2012, 3:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Yes the essential services are required and do a marvellous job and derserve more money  its all the pen pushing hangers on who retire at 55 with a huge pension then return to work the next day. And as for from the cradle to the grave that is for your family to look after you not the state I thought that labour leader was on the ball when he said he would raise 20 billlion  with the robin hood tax  spend 10 billlion on schools etc then the punch line give 10 billion to foreign aid ffs you couldnt make it up stop immigration cut the dole lower minimum wage to make exports cheaper invest in new ship yards etc  manufacture is the answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
jock dock tower
August 6, 2012, 6:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from north wall
Yes the essential services are required and do a marvellous job and derserve more money  its all the pen pushing hangers on who retire at 55 with a huge pension then return to work the next day. And as for from the cradle to the grave that is for your family to look after you not the state I thought that labour leader was on the ball when he said he would raise 20 billlion  with the robin hood tax  spend 10 billlion on schools etc then the punch line give 10 billion to foreign aid ffs you couldnt make it up stop immigration cut the dole lower minimum wage to make exports cheaper invest in new ship yards etc  manufacture is the answer

The average state pension is just over £4,500. For every big pension earner, there are hundreds of part time women who earn peanuts, and their pension - if they can afford the contributions - is also peanuts. How on earth do you think that lowering the minimum wage will benefit working class folk? This is a serious question by the way, because you make some outrageous statements "cradle to grave it's your family who look after you" Was your dad a midwife? Was the Community Nurse who looked after your mother post delivery your aunty? Do you honestly think that everything is hunky dory on households that this could actually happen now that over 45% of all marriages end in divorce?

Please rationalise your arguments, and don't resort to ridiculous cliches...

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
north wall
August 7, 2012, 2:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Look red Ken who said anything about the state pension i was on about the fatcat civil servants coppers (none contributary pensions) etc who retire early take the pension and go back to work the next day drawing a wage and their pension, They should be made to work until retirement age like everyone else and then get the pension. The minmum wage is a govt con for the voters is anyone better off now than say 10 year ago  no because with every wage rise prices go up accordingly and  pay tax on it and more jobs go abroad increasing the tax burdon on those still working.  As for cradle to the grave i was on about these people who think the world owes them everything and expect the state to support them never contribute a penny just take take take. Its very similar to the way you jocks take our tax money. You mention the unions earlier yes they did a good job with the ship and mine and car industry didnt they. Union leaders just like politicians in it as a carreer and looking after number one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
jock dock tower
August 7, 2012, 4:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from north wall
Look red Ken who said anything about the state pension i was on about the fatcat civil servants coppers (none contributary pensions) etc who retire early take the pension and go back to work the next day drawing a wage and their pension, They should be made to work until retirement age like everyone else and then get the pension. The minmum wage is a govt con for the voters is anyone better off now than say 10 year ago  no because with every wage rise prices go up accordingly and  pay tax on it and more jobs go abroad increasing the tax burdon on those still working.  As for cradle to the grave i was on about these people who think the world owes them everything and expect the state to support them never contribute a penny just take take take. Its very similar to the way you jocks take our tax money. You mention the unions earlier yes they did a good job with the ship and mine and car industry didnt they. Union leaders just like politicians in it as a carreer and looking after number one.

Yawn.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Government cutbacks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.