4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
July 21, 2012, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
If Woods is taking the gauntlet and throwing it down to both full backs, that can only be good for the team - no passengers !

Hopefully Southwell is thinking the same way and making it really hard to ignore him - looks to have gained body mass and more pitch savvy over the close season !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
TAGG
July 22, 2012, 1:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from siy2k5

Nobody.  its called opinion.  That's what message boards are all about.

Read the posts. Most not 'opinion' but talking like they know those two new guys are nailed on certainty's to start .  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
willows fc
July 22, 2012, 5:43am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
carnt be that reckless pritty sure hes never been sent off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
barralad
July 22, 2012, 9:48am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Quoted from willows fc
carnt be that reckless pritty sure hes never been sent off

True but we've had to do without him for several games because of the reckless bookings he's picked up

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Perkins
July 22, 2012, 10:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,981
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from barralad

True but we've had to do without him for several games because of the reckless bookings he's picked up

Thats his only bad point ,though i,m certain that has come about only because of his over enthusiasm at times.  He was the best player on the field against Hull IMO.
He will probably start the early matches on the bench because of the two new full back signings, but his advantage is that he is a good utility player and can be used almost anywhere on the field.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
springstomind
July 22, 2012, 2:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I don't think Bradley wood should be competition, he's brilliant, always gives 100% and is actually a good footballer also. I remember watching him against Port Vale last season and the way he conducted himself was brilliant . Flying in to block nothing passes in the 92nd minute. I'd play Aswad and Wood as full backs. Hatton can bench warm and earn his opportunity ( like silk last season)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
upthestripes
July 22, 2012, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
And we know he's capable of some long range screamers too

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
barralad
July 22, 2012, 4:10pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Perkins

Thats his only bad point ,though i,m certain that has come about only because of his over enthusiasm at times.  He was the best player on the field against Hull IMO.
He will probably start the early matches on the bench because of the two new full back signings, but his advantage is that he is a good utility player and can be used almost anywhere on the field.

Don't misunderstand me I'm not anti Bradley Wood per se. I hope he has learned from last season. Competition can only be good. If he has learned from last season's indiscretions and can avoid so many bookings he will surely be in with a chance of being first choice.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
upthestripes
July 22, 2012, 4:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from barralad

Don't misunderstand me I'm not anti Bradley Wood per se. I hope he has learned from last season. Competition can only be good. If he has learned from last season's indiscretions and can avoid so many bookings he will surely be in with a chance of being first choice.

I know the bookings are (obviously) a problem, but don't you think he'd be half the player without that, erm... enthusiasm?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
barralad
July 22, 2012, 5:30pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from upthestripes

I know the bookings are (obviously) a problem, but don't you think he'd be half the player without that, erm... enthusiasm?

Not a view I subscribe to I'm afraid. It shouldn't be beyond the wit of either the individual player or in the case of youngsters the coaching staff to channel that desire into something more positive. Over the last couple of years Brad has got away with it because of the lack of competition. It looks like he might not be so lucky this coming season. As I say in the interests of the lad himself and GTFC I hope he continues to perform in the way he looks to have started pre-season. I should add that I haven't seen him yet so wouldn't dream of putting forward an opinion about how he's doing. There does seem to be a lot of support for his efforts from those that have been....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley Wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.