davmariner
July 21, 2012, 12:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from moosey_club

Playing a long ball forward is not necessarily a criticism to be aimed at the player with the ball. Did he have simpler options? Did the simpler options shout for the ball? Did he have time on the ball? All of these can influence the choice he made at the time.

It's just something that I've noticed him doing when he picks the ball up in the right back area and more often than not it results in us losing the ball.  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
Codzilla
July 21, 2012, 2:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Impressed me again, full backs need to be on their toes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
bobbyturtle
July 21, 2012, 7:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
That's good to hear  

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Billybigbollox
July 21, 2012, 8:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
Top draw looks like he is up for the challenge !!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
gobby
July 21, 2012, 8:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
After last nights game i would play Wood ahead of Hatton untill Hatton starts to settle, not been too impressed with his start to life in a B&W shirt but hope he proves that he is a good player.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
mr viv
July 21, 2012, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from Tommy
So are you going to do this after every game mr viv?  

I'm usually critical of him (fairly, i think) but tonight he did very well. The only two minor occasions i was worried was when he tried to smash into the player at the same time as getting the ball - both times the ball had already gone. Once the referee somehow didnt give a foul and the other was given as a foul. Only mentioning those because that's one the things i always point out that he needs to cut out (focusing too much on going through the player rather than just getting the ball).

Other thing worth mentioning is his crosses were better tonight. Hopefully that's something that's been worked on at Cheapside.

Either way we do do have 3 good full backs.

Haha nah as if i am i just thought he was excellent again and has really took to the challenge of having two new fresh full backs arriving and credit to him for that. I reckon the lad colbeck in front of him made such a difference to brads performance tonight as well giving him an easy option everytime he had the ball which imo made brads distribution look 100 times better as well. Oh and someone critisising him for smashing into that tackle in the 1st min?? couldnt disagree more to me that set the tone for the game and for what the rest of the lads should be doing and thats something brad does very well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
TAGG
July 21, 2012, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Seems all on here have picked Hatton & Thomas will start and Wood will be on the bench. Who's given you this info?
I cant comment on the new guys because I wont see them until Sep but what I've seen of Wood(most of his games) I would start with him.
For all those on here who think hes just a clogger, bo1locks the lad is a good player at this level.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
TownSNAFU5
July 21, 2012, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,935
Gold Stars: 42
He is still young and has potential.  I have criticised him before for his "recklessness" before that can damage the team performance.  I have also defended him strongly on here (when I think that he has been unfairly criticised).   He has is very determined, gives his all, happily plays in a number of positions when asked and has "battling qualities" that some players do not have or do not show. He never hides in a game. He is tough and resilient.

He may have upped his game to fend off new, strong competition for places.  Do not underestimate his desire and will to succeed.  He seems to have made a big stride last night.

Although different positions, era and quality, he has some of the battling qualities of "bad boys" Kenny Burns and Roy Keane.  Bradley could be a strong leader and captain in future years.  Let us hope that now he is a dad, he learns to curb some of the temper excesses and continues to develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
Rick12
July 21, 2012, 3:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mr viv
Did a thread after last game on him and after tonights game gonna do another and say the same thing.....Bradley Wood would be in any town team of mine wherever he plays,he was superb tonight!!
glad to hear it hope it continues

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
siy2k5
July 21, 2012, 6:18pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from TAGG
Seems all on here have picked Hatton & Thomas will start and Wood will be on the bench. Who's given you this info?
I cant comment on the new guys because I wont see them until Sep but what I've seen of Wood(most of his games) I would start with him.
For all those on here who think hes just a clogger, bo1locks the lad is a good player at this level.

Nobody.  its called opinion.  That's what message boards are all about.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradley Wood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.