This thread currently has 5,642 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
April 23, 2012, 5:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Has anybody noticed their Fray Bentos corned beef sarnies tasting that little bit richer this week?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
AdamHaddock
April 23, 2012, 7:13pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Is that what you and your compatriots had for packup down in the mines

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qyPBH_FMM-M/TV-o3VzO63I/AAAAAAAAGhs/Rn4dUKSwB34/s1600/Margaret+Thatcher+01.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
mariner91
April 23, 2012, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I cannot even begin to comprehend how long his reply to that might be.

Heard a rumour he's bringing out a hardback copy of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
Mariner_501
April 23, 2012, 8:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +224
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from 1106

The London Marathon won't be banned it was only a human who died. Now, if it was a horse or some other animal that died, my God it would be all over the news today with people giving a unbelievable load of brainless excrement about animal rights and how cruel it is.

This. Sometimes I just don't understand people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
jock dock tower
April 23, 2012, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Is that what you and your compatriots had for packup down in the mines

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qyPBH_FMM-M/TV-o3VzO63I/AAAAAAAAGhs/Rn4dUKSwB34/s1600/Margaret+Thatcher+01.jpg[/img]

Where did you find that thing?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
pontoonlew
April 23, 2012, 8:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Actually, after they are no longer raceworthy, many horses are sent to some dealer in York who then flogs them to the French horsemeat trade which includes the misery of live export. How often do the trainers and jockeys who have made money from a horse pay for it's healthcare and accommodation after retirement?

I was at Aintree last week, they paraded 15 ex Grand National Runners & winners. All in supreme condition, most were either now show jumping or just being cared for by different owners. Your point is bullshit.

Excellent point made by whoever said about nobody cares if it's a human but do if its an animal, totally correct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
GTFC R MASSIVE
April 23, 2012, 9:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Nobody replied to my posts either,  Maybe i'm not worthy of the clever-elever posse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
alvinghammariner
April 23, 2012, 9:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
I heard 80's has gone to buy another keyboard as he's already got through one typing a response to that.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
jock dock tower
April 23, 2012, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
That wasn't a response it was a literary migraine.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
80sglory
April 23, 2012, 10:16pm
Guest User
Mr Haddock your reply seems full of contradictions.

First you say it's jockeys and trainers making money then you say "If they choose to keep doing something that costs them money that's their choice".
Making money or losing money, which is it ?

Then you say
Quoted from AdamHaddock
it's the people who are with the horse day in day out who choose to put it through that event, despite the dangers.

yet
Quoted from AdamHaddock
it's the people at the top who are to blame"

but it's not the betting industry either...!

As you seem to know so much about racing, who are these people at the top exactly ?

Quoted from AdamHaddock
I didn't say the betting industry was at fault, it's the people who are with the horse day in day out who choose to put it through that event, despite the dangers. They don't do it out of passion, they do it with £ signs in their eyes

What a b0llocks statement.
Stable lads and lasses are the ones on small money doing it for the love of it and you've already admitted owners are losing money.

As for your ridiculous attempt to dodge the issue and get personal by making up a load of rubbish about me, it's neither here nor there anyway.
Your desires would cause several hundreds of thousands of jobs to be lost - FACT !
So yes, I WILL flannel you and say you've got your prioirities wrong.

Live export is completely relevant to the debate too.
If your alternative is to ban all horse racing, what's gonna happen to those horses ?
All you're probably doing is to help to expand the horse meat industry short term.
Long term you'll get almost no horses because no-ones prepared to pay for their upkeep.

But I guess the media are pushing this twisted mindset that zero life and no pain is preferable to a long and generally happy life with some pain.
Some might call it delusional but not suprising when some like to delude themsleves too and think they'll be somehow be better off if they agree for the sake of it.

Quoted from AdamHaddock
Why do you think horses should be made extinct?

Obviously I don't.
I'm saying you're the one who seemingly fallen for the propaganda and if we listened to people like you, that's what we'd probably get.

Quoted from AdamHaddock
The horses had more rest between races

Another comment made in ignorance of the facts.
If anything, the Grand National is one of the races where horses ARE rested before the race.

You also keep pushing this bizarre idea that eveyone is out to make money and are putting the welfare of horses at the bottom of the list. The truth is very different.
It's more a case these owners care deeply but also realise that most horses love to run and jump and if anything, it would be cruel to stop them from doing it.

Quoted from AdamHaddock
She is human, someone who knows the risks and still chose, completely of her own accord to run that marathon.

It's exactly the same as Synchronised dying after continuing to jump the fences of his own choice (presumably because it he was enjoying it otherwise he wouldn't have) after he fell.

Quoted from AdamHaddock
So because I'm against the cruel, unnecessary and painful death of an animal to provide people with entertainment (and lining the pockets of a few) you assume I want football banned? Are you actually capable of sound and reasoned debate without going to ridiculous and irrelevant extremes like that?

Not saying that but that's ultimately whwere we're headed - it isn't so ridiculous or extreme at all !

Once you call to ban something because it "might" cause harm, you're on a very slippery slope.
The point is so simple but typically, people like you seemingly refuse to acknowledge or understand it at all.
As I said, careful what you wish for or you might find GTFC is put out to pasture too.

Quoted from 1106
The London Marathon won't be banned it was only a human who died. Now, if it was a horse or some other animal that died, my God it would be all over the news today with people giving a unbelievable load of brainless excrement about animal rights and how cruel it is.

Totally agree !
Quoted from mariner91
26 miles 80's, not like you to let a tiny detail slip past.

OMG well that's even more vicious and cruel then !  
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I cannot even begin to comprehend how long his reply to that might be.

No longer than his !
It's called "debate".
Maybe you should stick to avoiding the issue and wielding personal insults at people.
Oh you already have...  

Quoted from GTFC R MASSIVE
Nobody replied to my posts either,  Maybe i'm not worthy of the clever-elever posse.

Don't worry about it.
Some people will probably say anything to tow the line.

Always remember the rule some use - where debate fails, get personal !  
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grand National 2012

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.