9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
kevikov
March 31, 2012, 10:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 13
Easy answer - no. But only because church isn't up to it (imo!)

Could of put soares/khm in for winn, like for like. Kept the midfield as was, taking frank out and
church in made us weaker both positionally and ability wise.

Really really strange one though, we lost, felt the final nail as it were, yet, felt we played well!
Well, better than we have been. Signs are definately there, 3/4 signings and 4/5 out are needed.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
80sglory
March 31, 2012, 10:22pm
Guest User
Yep couldn't agree more.
Mind you, doesn't stop some fans overreacting.
Listening to some Town fans texting in to RH on the way back, I've never heard such a load of rubbish in my entire life !  
Suppose I shouldn't slag them off - I just guess some fans see the bare result and little else unfortunately.
Reply: 71 - 80
siy2k5
April 1, 2012, 12:24am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Fishfinger

think it was 70 odd

78 I think.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
barralad
April 1, 2012, 8:40am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

I agree with the analysis but you're worrying me about what ultimate conclusions might be drawn !

Let's go back to basics here...

Townsend - long season, had to start.
Coulson - long season - shouldn't have started (and wasted on the wing too IMO)
Wright - getting used to playing central midfield, should improve !

We're short of being a play off team because we weren't as sharp as they were(tiredness ?), we rarely use the flanks effectively, rarely pass it (see what passing can do 1st half ? Well done S&H !).
Plus as a team we've got tactical/attitude issues (that I've broken down for you earlier) that need addressing bigtime.

Look at my lineup on the "Team v Kidderminster" thread - no Elding, no Coulson, no Winn, Artus in the centre, tbf I predicted it all before the match !  

That said S&H take all the credit for the 1st half for their approach (good execution, superb ! ), the shame is they reverted to type, went defensive triying to "weather the storm" and unfortunately it backfired, AGAIN ! (albeit vs a very good team)

The shame is I guess you'll just continue to hide away, be unwilling to discuss any of the important issues like what players we need (the silence is deafening when you ask a good question !) and just presume you're right until it falls over later when it's too late ?
I hope not but that's my guess !  

80's. It's not rocket science. He doesn't see your posts because he's blocked you....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
Helgy
April 1, 2012, 9:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from Les Brechin

A Town reject, a penalty and 2 own goals!!!

It was only Tamworth Helgy anyway, everyone beats them.  

Yer we know Aryan has already been on Vitals telling us how lucky we were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
hook line and sinker
April 1, 2012, 9:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
our good run of form peaked to early and now we have clearly bottled it,the addition of the loan players into the side hasn't helped just unsettled a gelled side that took enough time to settle. yes we did need fresh legs as it seems we have plenty of players who are either playing injured or just cant see a full season through of competitive football.lets face it even if lets say fleetwood and wrexham go up it still leaves luton york mansfield kiddy cambridge etc next year unless we pull our finger out and make some good signings i can only see the same happening next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
80sglory
April 1, 2012, 8:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad
80's. It's not rocket science. He doesn't see your posts because he's blocked you....

Really ? Why ?
Seems a shame people (especially the trust chairman close to the club) are putting their personal feelings before what might be best for the club.

barralad, maybe you can persuade him to unblock me (temporarily) so he can view my responses to what he wrote ?
If only for the sake of the club ?
If you could I'd appreciate it, thankyou.
Reply: 76 - 80
TheCurlyMariner12
April 2, 2012, 8:48pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
what i dont understand is why our defenders stand off so much, the amount of time we give the opposition on the edge of the box is unbelievable, for example kiddys last minute goal, he just walked past 3 players in our own box, withouth anyone even trying to make a challenege, but what i dont get is surely S&H must have noticed this? there former defenders? they must of picked up on this because its costing us goals and points.

UTM !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
Neilo83
April 3, 2012, 7:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from TheCurlyMariner12
what i dont understand is why our defenders stand off so much, the amount of time we give the opposition on the edge of the box is unbelievable, for example kiddys last minute goal, he just walked past 3 players in our own box, withouth anyone even trying to make a challenege, but what i dont get is surely S&H must have noticed this? there former defenders? they must of picked up on this because its costing us goals and points.

Lets not forget York aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
aaron rattray
April 3, 2012, 10:00am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
we need to close teams down thread over

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.