9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 31, 2012, 5:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Boringly predictable,one paced,one dimensional display,lacking any speed guile or skill.

Dominated us in midfield again and let a player waltz through to score a late winner again.

Even the substitutions were predictable.

Don't keep the ball well enough,don't have the pace to cause problems and constantly launch the ball down the defenders throats,after which we almost always lose possession.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
March 31, 2012, 5:23pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Didnt look like we wanted it enough and never looked like winning! On the plus sude i thought Artus was excellent, we have really missed him IMO!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 80
Mariner16
March 31, 2012, 5:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Agreed. Their number 4, Jones won absolutely everything. They physically dominated everything, surely the two managers will be taking notes on what they need to be a good side and a consistent one at that. I think Kiddy have been getting their players from lower leagues.

I'm also getting fed up of Coulson getting away with crap performances aswell. If he's got a knock then fine...rest him. By all accounts he had his best game for England C which is of no benefit to us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 80
Mighty_Mariner
March 31, 2012, 5:30pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Coulson has been poor for weeks now IMO! Thought Townsend was given the run around today aswell and i think it showed that he hasnt really got any pace and was caught out a few times!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 80
davmariner
March 31, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Coulson has been below-par for most of the season IMO. His saving grace is the fact that he apparently has got 17 assists but it beats me as to where they have come from.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 80
Citymariner
March 31, 2012, 5:33pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
How did church play?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 80
we will return
March 31, 2012, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Coulson has been poor for weeks now IMO! Thought Townsend was given the run around today aswell and i think it showed that he hasnt really got any pace and was caught out a few times!

I think Townsend's tired, he's played lot of games in his first season as a professional, he probably could have done with a rest a few weeks ago but we've had no-one else to play in his position.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 80
BIGChris
March 31, 2012, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Beaten by the better side.

Carried too many players today. Coulson looked lethargic from the start. Winn couldnt get into the game, Elding was on the fringe of things, Townsend edgy throughout.

3 excellent saves from McKeown although he still looks very dodgy on crosses, Miller & Pearson were decent enough. Wright 'scored' a well worked goal but got caught in possession several times.Artus was the only one with a semblance of creativity something we lack against the better teams,

It showed we are short of being a play off team this term. We need 3 or 4 additions of quality. Can we find them and afford them
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 80
Chrisblor
March 31, 2012, 5:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,983
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from Mariner16
Agreed. Their number 4, Jones won absolutely everything. They physically dominated everything, surely the two managers will be taking notes on what they need to be a good side and a consistent one at that. I think Kiddy have been getting their players from lower leagues.

I'm also getting fed up of Coulson getting away with crap performances aswell. If he's got a knock then fine...rest him. By all accounts he had his best game for England C which is of no benefit to us.

Coulson's been useless for months yet seems to be immune from being dropped. It's perplexing. Especially when you that consider our most creative midfielder can't even make it into the matchday squad today.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 80
gobby
March 31, 2012, 5:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from BIGChris
Beaten by the better side.

Carried too many players today. Coulson looked lethargic from the start. Winn couldnt get into the game, Elding was on the fringe of things, Townsend edgy throughout.

3 excellent saves from McKeown although he still looks very dodgy on crosses, Miller & Pearson were decent enough. Wright 'scored' a well worked goal but got caught in possession several times.Artus was the only one with a semblance of creativity something we lack against the better teams,

It showed we are short of being a play off team this term. We need 3 or 4 additions of quality. Can we find them and afford them

I will agree with BigChris on this one saves me writing it all out.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 80
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.