22 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 24, 2012, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Think it's fairly obvious we aren't quite good enough.

The top 5 sides,Fleetwood,Wrexham,Mansfield,York and Luton have only lost at most 7 games all season.We have lost 12 and haven't beaten any of them.

Southport are an anomaly.Scored less than us,let more in than us but are 6 points ahead.Their away record is better than their home record,which means if we need to beat them at BP,it won't be easy.FGR have beaten Luton and Wrexham inside a week,so if they can do it,we should be able to.

Personally, i think it will be over before we play Southport.

Team spirit seems very good and i think we just need a bit more quality in the final third.We don't keep the ball well enough to put the top sides under pressure.Also feel we need a bit more pace.Will be interesting to see if KHM gets a start soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 210
MeanwoodMariner
March 24, 2012, 5:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1600

Me too. I'm also a big cheesed off.

Football's a game of fine lines and woo-hoo a "good result" but we've just given ourselves a mountain to climb.

4 points behind Luton and they've got a game in hand ? Let's be honest (for a change) we need a miracle,

Why oh why do S&H wait until we go a goal down before we decide to put on Elding ? What are we waiting for ?
And why does it take even longer to replace Bradley Wood with KHM ?
Same old Town of old - reactive not proactive !

Also, right near the end "Elding is staying up, now he decided he better go back to help out."
Why ffs ?!!!
Yes it's no thanks to the ref but we don't help ourselves either.

Might we have snatched it had we made the changes sooner ?
We'll never know but we're on the verge of season over now (barring a miracle)

Anyone "delighted" needs to look at the run in, a big reality check or hang their heads in shame.
Why failure always seems to be portrayed as a good thing I really don't know.  

It's a balancing act. Yes, KHM is clealy a good and pacey attacking player but a hard working ball winner like Wood offers the team other abilities. It's all well and good saying we are more likely to score with KHM in the side but if we concede 3 at the other end because we are overrun in midfield then it's of little value. Not saying one is definitely right but there are tough decisions to be made and in general S&H seem to get them right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 210
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2012, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Thing is we need to win most of our last 7, so we need to be more attack minded.
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 210
80sglory
March 24, 2012, 5:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2075
Nice to see the same old negative nellies doing the rounds, appreciate we snatched a point from a team above us in the table rather than surrendering all three.

I appreciate we got a good result but in terms of a playoff challenge it's irrelavant as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway if I'm "negative" then what does that make S&H playing 4-5-1 ?

If I'd have known what was gonna transpire I'd have said "Attack attack attack" from the off like other did.

Just frustrated...  

Quoted from speedy
Agree with about everything you said there, i can't be bothered to go find it, but what did you predict we needed from todays game in the run in predictions for us to be in top 5? wasn't it a win but then you changed it to a draw?

No, it was a win.

Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
but if we concede 3 at the other end because we are overrun in midfield then it's of little value. Not saying one is definitely right but there are tough decisions to be made and in general S&H seem to get them right.

See what you're saying but I'd have stuck up for S&H if they;d have gone for it sooner and lost 3 or 4.
Agree S&H seem to get things right, but not sure they got this one spot on.
Reply: 203 - 210
ticker_1610
March 24, 2012, 5:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Mansfield didn't look that good in either game, they've hit a bit of form at the right time but are not unbeatable or superior to town. Luton arnt that great a side either nor Southport (the Stoke of BSP, according to Scott). However Wrecsam do look a good strong, organised pacey team. York on their day n given time and space do look good. Fleetwood have strength in depth and their tactics work, like em or not. Ergo 3 teams that I believe are ahead of us developmentally Wrecsam, York, Fleetwood. Two of them could go up this season. Cash strapped teams from Div 2 coming down. Get it right close season with additions and we should challenge from the off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 210
MeanwoodMariner
March 24, 2012, 6:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1600

See what you're saying but I'd have stuck up for S&H if they;d have gone for it sooner and lost 3 or 4.
Agree S&H seem to get things right, but not sure they got this one spot on.

I think it's such a marginal call. Was it a must win? Possibly. Or was it a must not lose? I genuinely don't know. I think by essentially accepting a point in our tougher games means that we absolutely must win the ones that appear more winnable on paper.

We're still in the hunt and we're a point better off than it seemed we would be late on so personally I am quite happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 210
psgmariner
March 24, 2012, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We played a tough away game without our talisman striker and snatched an unlikely late equaliser. Gained a point on a couple of teams who lost. Yeah it would have been great to win but I'm more than happy with a point.

Private Message
Reply: 206 - 210
pontoon army
March 24, 2012, 6:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
how many town fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 210
Marinerz93
March 24, 2012, 7:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ticker_1610
Mansfield didn't look that good in either game, they've hit a bit of form at the right time but are not unbeatable or superior to town. Luton arnt that great a side either nor Southport (the Stoke of BSP, according to Scott). However Wrecsam do look a good strong, organised pacey team. York on their day n given time and space do look good. Fleetwood have strength in depth and their tactics work, like em or not. Ergo 3 teams that I believe are ahead of us developmentally Wrecsam, York, Fleetwood. Two of them could go up this season. Cash strapped teams from Div 2 coming down. Get it right close season with additions and we should challenge from the off.

This is what I really want to see next season if we aren't strong enough this season regarding play-off's.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 210
Madeleymariner
March 24, 2012, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from 2075
Nice to see the same old negative nellies doing the rounds, appreciate we snatched a point from a team above us in the table rather than surrendering all three.

Not being negative, just realistic, going out just to stop teams scoring eg York & Luton has failed, but when we have had to go on the attack we out scored both teams, proof that this is not working against the better teams. I'll be going to Tamworth on Tuesday so lets hope he puts out a team with pace and skill, because aimless hoofs to Duffy isn't going to get us very far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 210
22 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.