Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 224 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 16,343 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
March 24, 2012, 5:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from 1739
A win would have been ideal but we are still in it. UTM!

I really dont think so, if we keep playing like this whats going to happen playing Wrexham, Southport etc.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 210
we will return
March 24, 2012, 5:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
There you go, a point more than we got last year with 7 games to go, a draw away at a team in the top 5 with our best player out and still in chance of getting in the playoffs.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 210
nelly_gtfc
March 24, 2012, 5:12pm
Guest User
I didn't listen to the game but we started off 4-5-1? makes you wonder if we would have had the edge if we had played 4-4-2.

Happy with a point.
Reply: 192 - 210
Rodley Mariner
March 24, 2012, 5:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I really dont think so, if we keep playing like this whats going to happen playing Wrexham, Southport etc.?

You really are a miserable sodomist aren't you? Wrexham just lost at home to Forest Green so why can't we go there and get something - especially if Hearn comes back fully fit?

Re Southport; with us having a better goal difference it means we only need to get within 3 points of them before the last game to give us a chance of beating them to go above them. We're still outsiders for it but we always have been and we're not out of it yet!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 210
gary_elton
March 24, 2012, 5:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
satisfied with the point....   there are some BIG matches looming... starting tuesday...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 210
Devonmatt
March 24, 2012, 5:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You really are a miserable sodomist aren't you? Wrexham just lost at home to Forest Green so why can't we go there and get something - especially if Hearn comes back fully fit?

Re Southport; with us having a better goal difference it means we only need to get within 3 points of them before the last game to give us a chance of beating them to go above them. We're still outsiders for it but we always have been and we're not out of it yet!

Spot on Rodley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 210
80sglory
March 24, 2012, 5:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Managerial Fail, still dont think we will get in the playoffs unless we win every match from now on as the teams at the top are generally only dropping points to each other and we are at least 5 points away still, possibly 7 if York do anything with their games in hand.
Despite getting a point I feel really deflated.

Me too. I'm also a big cheesed off.

Football's a game of fine lines and woo-hoo a "good result" but we've just given ourselves a mountain to climb.

4 points behind Luton and they've got a game in hand ? Let's be honest (for a change) we need a miracle,

Why oh why do S&H wait until we go a goal down before we decide to put on Elding ? What are we waiting for ?
And why does it take even longer to replace Bradley Wood with KHM ?
Same old Town of old - reactive not proactive !

Also, right near the end "Elding is staying up, now he decided he better go back to help out."
Why ffs ?!!!
Yes it's no thanks to the ref but we don't help ourselves either.

Might we have snatched it had we made the changes sooner ?
We'll never know but we're on the verge of season over now (barring a miracle)

Anyone "delighted" needs to look at the run in, a big reality check or hang their heads in shame.
Why failure always seems to be portrayed as a good thing I really don't know.  
Reply: 196 - 210
March 24, 2012, 5:33pm
Guest User
Anybody know if Hearn is back for Tuesday?
Reply: 197 - 210
Bullitt
March 24, 2012, 5:37pm
Guest User
Nice to see the same old negative nellies doing the rounds, appreciate we snatched a point from a team above us in the table rather than surrendering all three.
Reply: 198 - 210
speedy
March 24, 2012, 5:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from 1600

Me too. I'm also a big cheesed off.

Football's a game of fine lines and woo-hoo a "good result" but we've just given ourselves a mountain to climb.

4 points behind Luton and they've got a game in hand ? Let's be honest (for a change) we need a miracle,

Why oh why do S&H wait until we go a goal down before we decide to put on Elding ? What are we waiting for ?
And why does it take even longer to replace Bradley Wood with KHM ?
Same old Town of old - reactive not proactive !

Also, right near the end "Elding is staying up, now he decided he better go back to help out."
Why ffs ?!!!
Yes it's no thanks to the ref but we don't help ourselves either.

Might we have snatched it had we made the changes sooner ?
We'll never know but we're on the verge of season over now (barring a miracle)

Anyone "delighted" needs to look at the run in, a big reality check or hang their heads in shame.
Why failure always seems to be portrayed as a good thing I really don't know.  

Agree with about everything you said there, i can't be bothered to go find it, but what did you predict we needed from todays game in the run in predictions for us to be in top 5? wasn't it a win but then you changed it to a draw?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 210
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.