Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booing passing football???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Booing passing football???

This thread currently has 3,360 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
March 19, 2012, 12:55am
Guest User
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

It's swings and round abouts isn't it, they've had some truly woeful years. Used to go down the Vetch when it was £4 a ticket for students and have to say the £4 was an overcharge for the football, but for a match day experience it was excellent, lots of banter, fun and non stop singing. They've had seven good years but before that the club was run like a joke empitomised by the signing of Kevin Cullis as manger - yes who I hear you say - a youth team manager from non-league! Not to forget the club being sold for a quid and finally being saved by the supporters trust!

Hey this is all starting to sound like a mirror image actually youth team managers, supporters trusts - not to mention Martinez almost signed for us - oh it could of been so different! lol  

There are of course a number of factors in their success but the point I was trying to make was that supporters can be a critical factor, one that should not be overlooked.

Good post swansea, made me laugh too.  

You;re absolutely right fans can be critical. (are you listening barralad ?  )

Suppose I feel that there's a case that the more and more you rely on them, the more you're putting off exposing the cracks that are being plugged by the "extra man".
Not suprisingly we've all been geeing up ourselves on this positive winning run but the more you rely on fan postivity to see you through, the more you'll arguably stuggle to hold it together and keep the mometum you've already got - eventually the players/managers need to step up.

That's my theory anyway, hope it makes some kind of sense.
Reply: 30 - 31
rancido
March 19, 2012, 7:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from aaron rattray

but the opposing team can score when we have the ball. remember gary neville pass back for england?

You really must learn to read posts correctly ratface . I don't remember the Gary Neville incident but if the back pass went into the goal then the opposition didn't score it. If the back pass was intercepted by the opposing side then obviously possesion was lost. I'm beginning to think an education is being wasted on you.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booing passing football???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.