Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booing passing football???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

Booing passing football???

This thread currently has 3,361 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
A few players today seemingly have the same attitude as most of us now, which is that the play-offs are gone. You could see that at times today with players failing to bust a gut, the ball went in the box more than i've seen it in times when we've scored 5-6. Players were just not getting into the areas to meet it, Coulson and Winn more than did their bit, just a shame about a few of the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
BlackBoots
March 17, 2012, 11:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
We may have put a few crosses in but by and large they were aimless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
aldi_01
March 17, 2012, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
For me the game was crying out for thanoj...a player who will look for the ball, is happy with it at his feet and who will keep it moving not to mention come and take it off te back four...

The Winn substitution didn't make much sense to me but then soares did hit the post, I the nestles in bottom corner he's a hero, all ifs and buts.

We play some good football but a fair few of or crowd just want aimless punts forward, although those wanting that are the first to moan when it comes straight back which it will do more times than not.

Wood wasn't the right man for middle of the park today and I've said before, he isn't that great a player, he simply offers you effort and someone who will run, ability wise he isn't good enough in all honesty. I'm not using him as a scape goat but two games he's played recently and he hasn't been close enough to the pace etc.

People will always boo whatever the team do, I'm sure those are the idiots that would boo Lionel messi if he played against us or say that real etc are boring to watch...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
mariner91
March 18, 2012, 12:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,820
Gold Stars: 264
This is nothing new. For years in the UF I've heard blokes moan about long balls but then complain when possession is kept. Can't win sometimes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
livvo
March 18, 2012, 1:34am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ponnyfan
They are a good defensive side and clearly came for the point.Their player should have been off the field fior the challenge on Coulson but the lily livered referee bottled it! Town had some decent chances today, which on another day would have been converted. I liked seeing Pearson getting forward and believe his prescence in the air will pay dividends for us going forward.Soares crosses were inconsistent from corners, and I only consider him a marginally better corner taker that Eagle.Good to see Hearn back battling for every ball - it is never over till the fat lady warbles - UTMM !

WHS X100
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
lobsterpot
March 18, 2012, 7:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
The booing in my opinion was pure frustration at not being able to find the breakthru against an absolute bag of shite outfit like Tamworth. It was nothing to do with waether we passed it, hoofed it or stuck the fooking ball up Bradley Wood's shirt for 90 mins. I thought we passed it around today really, really well just the odd bit of giving the ball away every now and again but nothing costly before we regained it again. It's just excrement when your sat there tho' crying out for someone to steam thru and take the last man on with pace when you know that certain players have got the ability to do it!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
aaron rattray
March 18, 2012, 8:11am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
we pass it around but we sometimes miss the chance to cross it in so we need to pass it around more until the next oppurtunity and at times we try to pass teams to death. we try to do a passing move of like 30 passes but we are not good enough to do that

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
ticker_1610
March 18, 2012, 9:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Obviously we are good enough if were passing 30 times. What we are lacking is as Meza said, that killer pass or intelligent play by individuals. Yesterday the decision making by players was awful and the wring option taken time after time. Thanoj should have been introduced ten minutes after half time when it was obvious their cm were playing so so deep with acres of space in front of them to be exploited.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
rancido
March 18, 2012, 12:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
I sit in the Upper Findus and there is an old guy in front of me who constantly moans if we play the ball back and across the back-four. He would rather a hopefull punt up field than try to construct an attack from the opposite wing. There are some principles in football that some people don't seem to understand and the most fundamental is that you keep possesion. It's a basic fact that while you have the ball the opposition can't score.
One of our biggest problems is that we are too static. There is not enough running off the ball to pull opposing players out of position. Also , all too often we have players isolated and nobody busting a gut to run towards that player to help him out.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
aaron rattray
March 18, 2012, 4:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from rancido
I sit in the Upper Findus and there is an old guy in front of me who constantly moans if we play the ball back and across the back-four. He would rather a hopefull punt up field than try to construct an attack from the opposite wing. There are some principles in football that some people don't seem to understand and the most fundamental is that you keep possesion. It's a basic fact that while you have the ball the opposition can't score.
One of our biggest problems is that we are too static. There is not enough running off the ball to pull opposing players out of position. Also , all too often we have players isolated and nobody busting a gut to run towards that player to help him out.

but the opposing team can score when we have the ball. remember gary neville pass back for england?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Booing passing football???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.