4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
March 13, 2012, 10:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Mason or duffy? S&H obviously dont have any faith in him whatsoever, duffy to me is a fat overweight player who has no pace and is shite in the air. Mson has pace and has played 8 minutes of football for town and scored. After tonights performance I find it hard to see we will see that attendance again, a lot of fans possibly giving town another go and after seeing that itl be back to the faithfull lot again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
March 13, 2012, 10:37pm
Guest User
Duffy did well when he came on Winn was very poor.. did not take on the FB at all ? Mason should have being on at half time with duffy or Elding slotting into CM but the chuckle brothers saw at half time we was doing well... they know best so change it 3 minutes later when we go 2 down.
Reply: 1 - 36
DocTower
March 13, 2012, 10:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Would have liked to have seen KHM start instead of Soures . The management must have known how York play away games and with Hearn not available , probably a better option . Having said that Soures has scored 15 odd goals alrady this season. It just might be unfortunate that he's had to come up against some tough sides playing for us .

KHM has the speed which would have helped this evening , in my humble opinion .

Look forward to Tamworth on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
OneLove
March 13, 2012, 10:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
winnnplayed good the 2nd half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
jimbo22
March 13, 2012, 10:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from 891
Duffy did well when he came on Winn was very poor.. did not take on the FB at all ? Mason should have being on at half time with duffy or Elding slotting into CM but the chuckle brothers saw at half time we was doing well... they know best so change it 3 minutes later when we go 2 down.

Are you Mental, Duffy was awful. Elding led the line on his own when Duffy came on. Hughes Mason should have been on at half time for Soares. Winn was decent in the second half, he is the only player we got who can cross a ball.

How can you call them the chuckle brothers they have got us within touching distance of the playoffs. IDIOT - FACT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
March 13, 2012, 10:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from jimbo22

Are you Mental, Duffy was awful. Elding led the line on his own when Duffy came on. Hughes Mason should have been on at half time for Soares. Winn was decent in the second half, he is the only player we got who can cross a ball.

How can you call them the chuckle brothers they have got us within touching distance of the playoffs. IDIOT - FACT

sharp object - FACT !
Reply: 5 - 36
jimbo22
March 13, 2012, 10:47pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from 891

sharp object - FACT !

zzzzzzzzzzz    haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
March 13, 2012, 10:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from jimbo22

So let me digest some of this ! 1st chuckle brothers you answer your own question .... (in bold) 2nd i have called them that all season it hoof ball all game almost every game. 3rd very simple point the tactics were shocking they players had no idea what was going on ? Elding did better when Duffy came on

Thanks for calling me an idiot everyone has a right to an opinion and just because yours is different does not make me an idiot does it ?  
Reply: 7 - 36
OneLove
March 13, 2012, 10:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
gazza you must of been sat behind a post, duffy as per played excrement, he shud never of been given a contract at town again, theres players who are more than worthy to take his place. ie khm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
Fishfinger
March 13, 2012, 10:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Sorry to intrude but his name is Kiernan Hughes-Mason...not Mason! Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
March 13, 2012, 11:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from OneLove
gazza you must of been sat behind a post, duffy as per played excrement, he shud never of been given a contract at town again, theres players who are more than worthy to take his place. ie khm.

i just thought he played well, their is no denying KHM should have being on, and i do agree with the rest of your post but... still no need to call me an idiot is there ?? we all have views
Reply: 10 - 36
oldun
March 13, 2012, 11:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
don't expect miracles from this young man he is not the automatic answer, has to learn. His time will come I am sure. one for the future but I am not a Duffy fan so perhpas he could hva had a go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
OneLove
March 13, 2012, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
whe does he get a chance tho? having duffy on is like having a man sent off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
craigy
March 13, 2012, 11:17pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
I love it how you all slate Duffy to hell but when he scores the winner you love him to bits, typical town fans all over
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
pontoonlew
March 13, 2012, 11:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from 891

UH?! Winn crafted both our goals, were you sat with your flipping eyes closed!?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Maringer
March 13, 2012, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Second goal came from an excellent cross by Wood, actually and Elding's challenge.

Winn's cross for Elding's goal was also very good, however with a lovely finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
jimbo22
March 13, 2012, 11:35pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from 891

So let me digest some of this ! 1st chuckle brothers you answer your own question .... (in bold) 2nd i have called them that all season it hoof ball all game almost every game. 3rd very simple point the tactics were shocking they players had no idea what was going on ? Elding did better when Duffy came on

Thanks for calling me an idiot everyone has a right to an opinion and just because yours is different does not make me an idiot does it ?  

Scott and Hurst systems have proved to have worked, 20 unbeaten speaks for itself. I stated my opinion was Hughes Mason should have come on, doesn't mean im right. But for you to call our managers the chuckle brothers is an act of idiocy, they are our leaders and have been doing a good job theres no question about that, we should respect them not take cheap shots and call them. Thats the reason i called you and Idiot, you flipping cretin!!

Hood ball??? are we watching the same team. Southport are a hoof ball team, Town play to there strengths, get it out of defence fast hit the big who get s it down and plays it to Hearn or the wingers, thats not Hoof ball!!

Elding was playing well even before Duffy came on, Duffy doesnt contribute anything to the team, he is fat,lazy and loses the ball to easily!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
pontoonlew
March 13, 2012, 11:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Maringer
Second goal came from an excellent cross by Wood, actually and Elding's challenge.

Winn's cross for Elding's goal was also very good, however with a lovely finish.

Winn got to the byline and pulled back for Wood..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
nightrider
March 14, 2012, 12:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Did anybody watch York the other week against Gateshead? With that game in mind I thought KHM would have been given a start.
He must be a little annoyed not to be given a chance.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
OneLove
March 14, 2012, 6:25am
Table Wine Drinker
hoof ball gets us nowhere, when we pass were excellent, the only player looking to switch play was winn. were good at exploiting wings, but this hit and hope excrement is not a style were good at. hope to see hearn back on satdee and perhaps a change of centre backs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
woodi147
March 14, 2012, 7:14am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 891

Yawn Yawn did we lose the moaners are back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
supertown
March 14, 2012, 7:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,482
Gold Stars: 53
We were poor and I was crying out for KHM to be given a run, we needed something different and his pace nay have been what we needed. I've seen him play 20 mins and score , he looked very good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
Elding or Duffy in centre mid? Based on what exactly?

Soares should not have started.  Agree with the calls for KHM but with Winn's crossing ability can also see why Duffy got the nod to come on.  

For the record I thought both Elding and Duffy were poor until the late rally. Much like virtually everyone else.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
RoboCod
March 14, 2012, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The Soares situation is odd. It's almost like we are accomodating him like he's some super talent waiting to lift off, but unbalancing the team in the process. But it's not like he's made an impact, unlike Hughes-Mason who made an impressive debut.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Total Football
March 14, 2012, 8:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from diehardmariner
Elding or Duffy in centre mid? Based on what exactly?

Soares should not have started.  Agree with the calls for KHM but with Winn's crossing ability can also see why Duffy got the nod to come on.  

For the record I thought both Elding and Duffy were poor until the late rally. Much like virtually everyone else.

sorry but i have to disagree with you about elding being poor... i thought he was superb, lost the ball twice all game. 1 missed placed pass inside first half, and the obvious one. apart from that the lad worked exceptionally hard for the team won every header chest balls down went looking for it on throwing. got his goal. was a threat all night..not sure what game you was watching...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
All about opinions but he lost the ball for too easily for my liking. Definitely more than twice and missed a very good chance in the first half.

What I will say is that he was ridiculously isolated by the formation in the first half and then the lack of a creative central midfielder in the second half.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
ginnywings
March 14, 2012, 9:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod
The Soares situation is odd. It's almost like we are accomodating him like he's some super talent waiting to lift off, but unbalancing the team in the process. But it's not like he's made an impact, unlike Hughes-Mason who made an impressive debut.

The Soares situation is the same as the Elding one,in that he is clearly a good player who needs to settle in.

This year for me is about building a team to challenge for next season and i would say we are at the stage that York and Wrexham were last season.Improving all the time and players being added along the way.

I would say we are about 10 to 15 per cent behind he top sides and have scored as many goals as York and Wrexham but we can't keep them out at the other end.That's not purely down to the defence though.The rest of the team don't keep and use the ball well enough,but that will come with time and confidence.I think Soares looks a player and we should use this season to bed him in.

As for KHM; there are a lot of people having him down as the saviour,who will come on and tear defences apart.He is young and learning the game and his time will come.He's only contracted to the end of the season though and there's no guarantee yet that he'll even be here next year.We don't know what players they are watching.

He obviously needs a game or two though to show what he has.

Who'd be a manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
maxfox44
March 14, 2012, 9:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Not sure about Winn yet.  Looks fairly decent, but it looks like he thinks he's better than he is.  At every opportunity he is having a go at his own players.  Peter this is non-league, we have players that can be inconsistent.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Total Football
March 14, 2012, 10:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from diehardmariner
All about opinions but he lost the ball for too easily for my liking. Definitely more than twice and missed a very good chance in the first half.

What I will say is that he was ridiculously isolated by the formation in the first half and then the lack of a creative central midfielder in the second half.

not saying he didnt lose the ball....or should i say a missed placed pass, if it had gone through to coulson would have been a chance at goal. hes to blame yes not saying that...but was townsend/macca to blame for the first? wasnt macca to blame for the second a very soft looping header parried into the path of the york player? or could silk be the blame for not clearing it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
brad_gtfc
March 14, 2012, 11:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from 891

Duffy or Elding in CM? do you know anything about football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
I'm not laying the blame at anyone.  Win as a team, lose as a team.   I just don't think he had a great game, like most in a Town shirt last night.  
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
cod.gtfc
March 14, 2012, 11:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from RoboCod

As Ginny says the Soares situation is the same as the Elding one, he was poor at the start and the managers stuck with him despite the fans calling for their heads about it. They were right all along. We have to trust they are right about Soares too, his record speaks for itself in this division. I reckon he will be a top player for us next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
AdamHaddock
March 14, 2012, 12:25pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
I think KHM and Soares have been signed in preparation for losing Hearn and Coulson in the summer so they really need games to settle in if they're going to be effective next season. Trouble is, does playing them mean we've given up on promotion this year? Hope not because it was a herculean achievement to get back withinn sniffing distance of the top five.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Biccys
March 14, 2012, 12:40pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I doubt that Scott will let anyone even think the playoffs are not within reach.

Personally I think, if we get in, great, fantastic achievement considering the start of the season, but if we just fall short, we have the summer to regroup. We're still a couple of players short IMHO, and even throughout the unbeaten run we were fortunate to have won a couple of those games. We ain't far away, I'm sure of that, but I think we'll fall a tad short this year.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 36
rancido
March 14, 2012, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings

The Soares situation is the same as the Elding one,in that he is clearly a good player who needs to settle in.

This year for me is about building a team to challenge for next season and i would say we are at the stage that York and Wrexham were last season.Improving all the time and players being added along the way.

I would say we are about 10 to 15 per cent behind he top sides and have scored as many goals as York and Wrexham but we can't keep them out at the other end.That's not purely down to the defence though.The rest of the team don't keep and use the ball well enough,but that will come with time and confidence.I think Soares looks a player and we should use this season to bed him in.

As for KHM; there are a lot of people having him down as the saviour,who will come on and tear defences apart.He is young and learning the game and his time will come.He's only contracted to the end of the season though and there's no guarantee yet that he'll even be here next year.We don't know what players they are watching.

He obviously needs a game or two though to show what he has.

Who'd be a manager?

I think this sums up the situation perfectly. The Dynamic Duo have brought us on a lot but there is still work to do and I'm sure they would agree.Very few managers achieve instant success and this season was all about rebuilding.The fact that we are close to a play-off position is a bonus but I'm sure next season will see a determined push for promotion although I still haven't written this season off yet.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
acko338
March 14, 2012, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Poor midfield performance all round last night, combined with uncharacteristic errors from both full backs in each half.

Soares not at our level yet, will take more time.

Outplayed us for 70 minutes last night, they were a good yard faster all round and their big physical presence and endless pushing stopped any link play forming for a lot of the game.

Good team play to force themselves back in to get level again, credit to them, but could've done with another speed impetus in the last few minutes to have an outlet up front.

I would have sacrificed Coulson to try Hughes - Mason for those last 5 minutes.

How Fyfield was allowed to run 60 yards unchallenged is beyond me - just like the biblical Red Sea opening up in front of him!

Shame - thought the officials were the usual rubbish quality - one lousy offside that went their way should have been a fair one on one against the keeper - terrible decision.

By the way - how many times are you allowed to grab the ball before a free kick is given ???? They seemed to be only a touch away from the Harlem Globetrotters at times.

Having moaned, their passing and positional play was far superior to ours for much of this game !

Move on - next game - 3 more points to go for !

Hopefully , welcome back Liam - badly missed !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
March 14, 2012, 8:32pm
Guest User
It so easy in hindsight to say we should of played so and so, I was surprised mason was not given a chance but I respect and trust our managers judgement which is why i wont criticise them besides as already mentioned mason obviously is not showing enough to the managers in training.
Where I will criticise and this is only minor what the intercourse was that system all about? In my opinion it should of been kept at a straightforward 442, everytime I see a manager intercourse about with a random set up like last nite it hardly ever comes off you usually see a team struggle to come to terms with the alien formation and end up reverting back to the formation they know but then it's to late so please dont intercourse about like that again eh lads.
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MASON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.