4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,755
Gold Stars: 544
I'm not laying the blame at anyone.  Win as a team, lose as a team.   I just don't think he had a great game, like most in a Town shirt last night.  
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
cod.gtfc
March 14, 2012, 11:56am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from RoboCod
The Soares situation is odd. It's almost like we are accomodating him like he's some super talent waiting to lift off, but unbalancing the team in the process. But it's not like he's made an impact, unlike Hughes-Mason who made an impressive debut.

As Ginny says the Soares situation is the same as the Elding one, he was poor at the start and the managers stuck with him despite the fans calling for their heads about it. They were right all along. We have to trust they are right about Soares too, his record speaks for itself in this division. I reckon he will be a top player for us next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
AdamHaddock
March 14, 2012, 12:25pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
I think KHM and Soares have been signed in preparation for losing Hearn and Coulson in the summer so they really need games to settle in if they're going to be effective next season. Trouble is, does playing them mean we've given up on promotion this year? Hope not because it was a herculean achievement to get back withinn sniffing distance of the top five.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Biccys
March 14, 2012, 12:40pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I doubt that Scott will let anyone even think the playoffs are not within reach.

Personally I think, if we get in, great, fantastic achievement considering the start of the season, but if we just fall short, we have the summer to regroup. We're still a couple of players short IMHO, and even throughout the unbeaten run we were fortunate to have won a couple of those games. We ain't far away, I'm sure of that, but I think we'll fall a tad short this year.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 36
rancido
March 14, 2012, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings

The Soares situation is the same as the Elding one,in that he is clearly a good player who needs to settle in.

This year for me is about building a team to challenge for next season and i would say we are at the stage that York and Wrexham were last season.Improving all the time and players being added along the way.

I would say we are about 10 to 15 per cent behind he top sides and have scored as many goals as York and Wrexham but we can't keep them out at the other end.That's not purely down to the defence though.The rest of the team don't keep and use the ball well enough,but that will come with time and confidence.I think Soares looks a player and we should use this season to bed him in.

As for KHM; there are a lot of people having him down as the saviour,who will come on and tear defences apart.He is young and learning the game and his time will come.He's only contracted to the end of the season though and there's no guarantee yet that he'll even be here next year.We don't know what players they are watching.

He obviously needs a game or two though to show what he has.

Who'd be a manager?

I think this sums up the situation perfectly. The Dynamic Duo have brought us on a lot but there is still work to do and I'm sure they would agree.Very few managers achieve instant success and this season was all about rebuilding.The fact that we are close to a play-off position is a bonus but I'm sure next season will see a determined push for promotion although I still haven't written this season off yet.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
acko338
March 14, 2012, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Poor midfield performance all round last night, combined with uncharacteristic errors from both full backs in each half.

Soares not at our level yet, will take more time.

Outplayed us for 70 minutes last night, they were a good yard faster all round and their big physical presence and endless pushing stopped any link play forming for a lot of the game.

Good team play to force themselves back in to get level again, credit to them, but could've done with another speed impetus in the last few minutes to have an outlet up front.

I would have sacrificed Coulson to try Hughes - Mason for those last 5 minutes.

How Fyfield was allowed to run 60 yards unchallenged is beyond me - just like the biblical Red Sea opening up in front of him!

Shame - thought the officials were the usual rubbish quality - one lousy offside that went their way should have been a fair one on one against the keeper - terrible decision.

By the way - how many times are you allowed to grab the ball before a free kick is given ???? They seemed to be only a touch away from the Harlem Globetrotters at times.

Having moaned, their passing and positional play was far superior to ours for much of this game !

Move on - next game - 3 more points to go for !

Hopefully , welcome back Liam - badly missed !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
March 14, 2012, 8:32pm
Guest User
It so easy in hindsight to say we should of played so and so, I was surprised mason was not given a chance but I respect and trust our managers judgement which is why i wont criticise them besides as already mentioned mason obviously is not showing enough to the managers in training.
Where I will criticise and this is only minor what the intercourse was that system all about? In my opinion it should of been kept at a straightforward 442, everytime I see a manager intercourse about with a random set up like last nite it hardly ever comes off you usually see a team struggle to come to terms with the alien formation and end up reverting back to the formation they know but then it's to late so please dont intercourse about like that again eh lads.
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MASON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.