woodi147
March 14, 2012, 7:14am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 891
Duffy did well when he came on Winn was very poor.. did not take on the FB at all ? Mason should have being on at half time with duffy or Elding slotting into CM but the chuckle brothers saw at half time we was doing well... they know best so change it 3 minutes later when we go 2 down.

Yawn Yawn did we lose the moaners are back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
supertown
March 14, 2012, 7:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,486
Gold Stars: 53
We were poor and I was crying out for KHM to be given a run, we needed something different and his pace nay have been what we needed. I've seen him play 20 mins and score , he looked very good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 549
Elding or Duffy in centre mid? Based on what exactly?

Soares should not have started.  Agree with the calls for KHM but with Winn's crossing ability can also see why Duffy got the nod to come on.  

For the record I thought both Elding and Duffy were poor until the late rally. Much like virtually everyone else.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
RoboCod
March 14, 2012, 8:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The Soares situation is odd. It's almost like we are accomodating him like he's some super talent waiting to lift off, but unbalancing the team in the process. But it's not like he's made an impact, unlike Hughes-Mason who made an impressive debut.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Total Football
March 14, 2012, 8:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from diehardmariner
Elding or Duffy in centre mid? Based on what exactly?

Soares should not have started.  Agree with the calls for KHM but with Winn's crossing ability can also see why Duffy got the nod to come on.  

For the record I thought both Elding and Duffy were poor until the late rally. Much like virtually everyone else.

sorry but i have to disagree with you about elding being poor... i thought he was superb, lost the ball twice all game. 1 missed placed pass inside first half, and the obvious one. apart from that the lad worked exceptionally hard for the team won every header chest balls down went looking for it on throwing. got his goal. was a threat all night..not sure what game you was watching...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
diehardmariner
March 14, 2012, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 549
All about opinions but he lost the ball for too easily for my liking. Definitely more than twice and missed a very good chance in the first half.

What I will say is that he was ridiculously isolated by the formation in the first half and then the lack of a creative central midfielder in the second half.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
ginnywings
March 14, 2012, 9:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod
The Soares situation is odd. It's almost like we are accomodating him like he's some super talent waiting to lift off, but unbalancing the team in the process. But it's not like he's made an impact, unlike Hughes-Mason who made an impressive debut.

The Soares situation is the same as the Elding one,in that he is clearly a good player who needs to settle in.

This year for me is about building a team to challenge for next season and i would say we are at the stage that York and Wrexham were last season.Improving all the time and players being added along the way.

I would say we are about 10 to 15 per cent behind he top sides and have scored as many goals as York and Wrexham but we can't keep them out at the other end.That's not purely down to the defence though.The rest of the team don't keep and use the ball well enough,but that will come with time and confidence.I think Soares looks a player and we should use this season to bed him in.

As for KHM; there are a lot of people having him down as the saviour,who will come on and tear defences apart.He is young and learning the game and his time will come.He's only contracted to the end of the season though and there's no guarantee yet that he'll even be here next year.We don't know what players they are watching.

He obviously needs a game or two though to show what he has.

Who'd be a manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
maxfox44
March 14, 2012, 9:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Not sure about Winn yet.  Looks fairly decent, but it looks like he thinks he's better than he is.  At every opportunity he is having a go at his own players.  Peter this is non-league, we have players that can be inconsistent.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Total Football
March 14, 2012, 10:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from diehardmariner
All about opinions but he lost the ball for too easily for my liking. Definitely more than twice and missed a very good chance in the first half.

What I will say is that he was ridiculously isolated by the formation in the first half and then the lack of a creative central midfielder in the second half.

not saying he didnt lose the ball....or should i say a missed placed pass, if it had gone through to coulson would have been a chance at goal. hes to blame yes not saying that...but was townsend/macca to blame for the first? wasnt macca to blame for the second a very soft looping header parried into the path of the york player? or could silk be the blame for not clearing it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
brad_gtfc
March 14, 2012, 11:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from 891
Duffy did well when he came on Winn was very poor.. did not take on the FB at all ? Mason should have being on at half time with duffy or Elding slotting into CM but the chuckle brothers saw at half time we was doing well... they know best so change it 3 minutes later when we go 2 down.

Duffy or Elding in CM? do you know anything about football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MASON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.