This thread currently has 7,400 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Denby
March 15, 2012, 2:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from Squarkus
lent, given, loaned, whats the differance, you make it sound as if its just a couple of Quid,its about 3 million squidlies hard earnt tax paid hard cash, its more money than any of us on this site will ever see in a life time, so put your claws back in, give the man a break, were on the crest of something good at the moment, if we dont acheive promotion this season we will be in a fantastic posision for next season as the majority of the squad will stay in tact with funds to strenthen, all on the back of the trust board and the members WORKING along side the GTFC board,u.fk.wit

what a delightful response

you think there's no difference between lent and given?  you sound like homer simpson borrowing ned flanders' lawnmower
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 108
ginnywings
March 15, 2012, 2:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Jeez people.

Anyone would think that we were the only club ever in the history of football to plummet down the leagues and the only club ever in the history of football to be in debt.Man U are half a billion in debt and they used to be the richest club on earth.

Now i'm no Fenty apologist but has he not stated that the managers jobs are decided by the board and he in fact wanted Slade,with Parker pushing for Woods?

Mind you,Fenty is the devil incarnate,so no-one is going to believe anyone else had a say in appointments anyway.

I can just see it now.JF woke up one morning and thought "i know what i will do,i'll appoint a series of sh1t managers and watch them spunk away all my money on crappy players and watch us plummet down the leagues,that'll be a laugh".

Of course he's made mistakes,lots of football chairmen do.There's no guarantee that any manager is going to arrest a slide,even ones who have had previous success.

Yep,he fooked up and we are in the BSP,but he's not the only one who's culpable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 108
Denby
March 15, 2012, 2:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep,he fooked up and we are in the BSP,but he's not the only one who's culpable.

you're completely right

but the chain of command goes something like

we sign a rubbish player
a rubbish manager signed a rubbish player
a rubbish board appointed a rubbish manager who signed a rubbish player
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 108
Squarkus
March 15, 2012, 3:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Denby

you're completely right

we sign a rubbish player
your priceless dumbo, do you work, do you go to the games, do you belong to the trust, a pound to a pinch of salt you dont, you sit behind your pc just moaning and picking on anything possable with previouse failure, not one posative on our currant form where we are now and that the future is looking good what a looser.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 108
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2012, 3:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
He's not solely responsible but he's ultimately responsible. The 'It's not my fault, I wanted Slade' stuff pisses me off as much as anything. When we stayed up at Bournemouth I must have missed the interview where he said 'Appointing Newell was the boards decision, I don't take responsiblity for it'. That's probably because he was too busy being carried aloft on the shoulders of fans like he'd just scored a 90th minute winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 108
Denby
March 15, 2012, 3:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
hi squarkus, how many logins do you have?  there's a few more who mistakenly type looser, what a coincidence
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 108
Squarkus
March 15, 2012, 3:48pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Denby

what a delightful response

you think there's no difference between lent and given?  you sound like homer simpson borrowing ned flanders' lawnmower
lent, given, loaned, what’s the difference, you make it sound as if its just a couple of Quid, its about 3 million squidlies hard earn tax paid hard cash, its more money than any of us on this site will ever see in a life time, so put your claws back in, give the man a break, were on the crest of something good at the moment, if we don’t achieve promotion this season we will be in a fantastic position for next season as the majority of the squad will stay in tact with funds to strengthen, all on the back of the trust board and the members WORKING along side the GTFC board,u.fk.wit, thankyou sir.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 108
Coley Surfer
March 15, 2012, 3:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Squarkus
your priceless dumbo, do you work, do you go to the games, do you belong to the trust, a pound to a pinch of salt you dont, you sit behind your pc just moaning and picking on anything possable with previouse failure, not one posative on our currant form where we are now and that the future is looking good what a looser.

A positive on where we are now? We're seventh in the BSBP and heading for the second worst finish we've ever had. As for the future looking good, no I'm sorry but why? Oh and I'm a season ticket holder who works and am an ex trust member.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 108
ginnywings
March 15, 2012, 4:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Denby

you're completely right

we sign a rubbish player

Can't argue with your logic.

You also have a fair point Rodley.

I just hope to god these two get us out of this league,sooner rather than later and we develop and sell a few players along the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 108
biggles9999
March 15, 2012, 4:44pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Coley Surfer

A positive on where we are now? We're seventh in the BSBP and heading for the second worst finish we've ever had. As for the future looking good, no I'm sorry but why? Oh and I'm a season ticket holder who works and am an ex trust member.

I know this statement is true but intercourse me its negative. We all know that Town dont want to be down here, are probably bigger than the league and the fans dont want us to be down here. But weve been on some good form until recently, still in with a chance of making the play offs but you have to phrase this as 'our second worst finish' rather than a positive season that might actually define us in future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Codalmighty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.