11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
March 9, 2012, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Take themselves far too seriously. Why are they all getting on their high horses because a MAJORITY of Town fans voted to give John Fenty some shares? Why do they want everyone else to share their opinion on the move? Why are they ridiculing Town fans by saying that they don’t understand what they voted for? Repeat after me; the majority voted in favour and are happy with the outcome. Get over it.  

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
March 9, 2012, 9:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,404
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Take themselves far too seriously. Why are they all getting on their high horses because a MAJORITY of Town fans voted to give John Fenty some shares? Why do they want everyone else to share their opinion on the move? Why are they ridiculing Town fans by saying that they don’t understand what they voted for? Repeat after me; the majority voted in favour and are happy with the outcome. Get over it.  

because it is a crazy decision and the trust is a shambles!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 108
aldi_01
March 9, 2012, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Because the whole thing has been a shambles, the outcome is as we all predicted and the trust obviously don't want too much power in the club or so it seems...cents has got what he wanted and this whole thing could have been sorted or at least dealt with weeks ago...

Also codalmighty is simply like the fishy, purely opinion of people that love the same club as we all do. To be honest since the result of the vote etc I've found the majority of thrown fans I've spoken to to be of a similar opinion to that of 'codalmightys'...

intercourse it who cares, we have a match tomorrow and can capitalise on one of our rivals defeats...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 108
The Grim Reaper
March 9, 2012, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
The people on codalmighty are a minority of a minority and their views dont matter to anyone but themselves. As i said before, GET OVER IT!

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 108
headingly_mariner
March 9, 2012, 9:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
The people on codalmighty are a minority of a minority and their views dont matter to anyone but themselves. As i said before, GET OVER IT!

what does that even mean?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 108
DocDock
March 9, 2012, 9:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
The thing is, Codalmighty the majority of the time are right and on this they are mostly right. The whole vote for this was a mess and looks like John Fenty has bullied the trust into giving him shares. Don't want to derail this topic too much but just what are the trust and John Fenty going to propose when in 14 months time there is no more investment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 108
Chris
March 9, 2012, 9:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from aldi_01
. To be honest since the result of the vote etc I've found the majority of thrown fans I've spoken to to be of a similar opinion to that of 'codalmightys'...

This is an interesting comment when you consider it within the context that 82% of those who voted, did so in favour of the proposal.

I am frustrated by the fact that most of those who are complaining weren't able to vote because they weren't members of the trust. Anyone suggesting the trust doesn't want "too much power" ought to be a member of the trust themselves didn't they? Or else how can they criticise the trust for not wanting "power"? Are you a member of the trust? Or don't YOU want the trust to have any "power" within the club?

With power comes responsibility doesn't it? And without members, how on earth are the trust supposed to do that? For responsibility read financial responsibility. We currently have around 400 members have been established a matter of months and don't have any substantial revenue streams at this time. In due course, and with appropriate membership support and hand work, this could change. Without members and volunteers, this will remain a pipe dream.

We are accused by those who sit on their hands and wallets of not being representative of the support, yet given the opportunity, those same people turn their noses up at being a part of that very process.

Whatever we did, whatever we do, there will ALWAYS be an element who disagree. There were different views on the trust board so its no surprise that the fans mirror that.

The opportunity existed to have a real say. That opportunity remains. There trust board will always be looking for suitable people to join them, and strengthen the diversity of opinion within. A general question to all: Are you one of those who sits and criticises but does nothing to change what you don't like? Or do you seek to change it? Are you willing and able? Then don't be shy, drop the Trust a line and offer your help, your opinion, have your say and help shape the future direction of the Trust and hopefully GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 108
Chris
March 9, 2012, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from DocDock
The thing is, Codalmighty the majority of the time are right and on this they are mostly right. The whole vote for this was a mess and looks like John Fenty has bullied the trust into giving him shares. Don't want to derail this topic too much but just what are the trust and John Fenty going to propose when in 14 months time there is no more investment?

With all due respect, this statement suggests you have totally missed the point of why this came about.

Fenty wanted control back in the boardroom and the solution negotiated was the one presented to the membership. This isn't about Fenty taking total ownership of the shareholding. He wouldn't make further funds available while he could potentially be removed from the board. Owning more of the Trusts shares wont resolve anything into the future unless someone else came in and diluted Fenty's shareholding which in itself would represent investment in the club, thus presumably would represent a new investor in the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 108
aldi_01
March 9, 2012, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
In reality though people are still unsure about supporters trusts, not just at town but other clubs too.

I don't think codalmighty are a minority of a minority, quite the opposite, i know more town fans who read, participate etc in their website and views than don't...

The fact is the trust didn't obviously feel like they could bring anything to the table in terms of running the club, or simply that cents would take his bat and ball home if he wasn't in full control which would leave us well and truly buggered so the power has been given back, we still have our bank roller and we still have a supporters trust who have some sort of standing and influence.

I've always been sceptical of trusts as have many others and I'm still not convinced they are the way forward. I praise their effort etc and will admit that I don't have a real solution but you can't have a go at people for being unsure...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 108
headingly_mariner
March 9, 2012, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Chris

This is an interesting comment when you consider it within the context that 82% of those who voted, did so in favour of the proposal.

I am frustrated by the fact that most of those who are complaining weren't able to vote because they weren't members of the trust. Anyone suggesting the trust doesn't want "too much power" ought to be a member of the trust themselves didn't they? Or else how can they criticise the trust for not wanting "power"? Are you a member of the trust? Or don't YOU want the trust to have any "power" within the club?

With power comes responsibility doesn't it? And without members, how on earth are the trust supposed to do that? For responsibility read financial responsibility. We currently have around 400 members have been established a matter of months and don't have any substantial revenue streams at this time. In due course, and with appropriate membership support and hand work, this could change. Without members and volunteers, this will remain a pipe dream.

We are accused by those who sit on their hands and wallets of not being representative of the support, yet given the opportunity, those same people turn their noses up at being a part of that very process.

Whatever we did, whatever we do, there will ALWAYS be an element who disagree. There were different views on the trust board so its no surprise that the fans mirror that.

The opportunity existed to have a real say. That opportunity remains. There trust board will always be looking for suitable people to join them, and strengthen the diversity of opinion within. A general question to all: Are you one of those who sits and criticises but does nothing to change what you don't like? Or do you seek to change it? Are you willing and able? Then don't be shy, drop the Trust a line and offer your help, your opinion, have your say and help shape the future direction of the Trust and hopefully GTFC.

The trust had not even set any clear aims or targets, How could they expect people to join when the trust has no clear aims.

What you have done is not what a supporters trust should be about and the Mariners Trust has zero credibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 108
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Codalmighty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.