11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Squarkus
March 10, 2012, 1:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from 1054
Another pro-fenty rimming from squarkus. . . he doesn't post anything else. . . he is (working for?) jf
i thought i was jf you helm

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 108
roundballovalhole
March 10, 2012, 1:22pm
Guest User
Thats why the 'working for' was in brackets with a question mark next to it. . . You successful frozen fish magnate/ cant-understand-punctuation-sh1t-football-chairman!/chief groom of fenty's stool
Reply: 31 - 108
Quagmire
March 10, 2012, 1:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
.. MAJORITY of Town fans voted to give John Fenty some shares

Majority of Town fans?

Less than 60% of a very small number of the Town support voted 'Yes', hardly a majority of Town fans.

Good write up from Too Good To Go Down about this whole mess:

http://toogoodtogodown.wordpre.....l-change-at-the-top/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 108
Dan
March 10, 2012, 3:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Throughout this whole process, and indeed before, the message has been simple: If you're not a member of the trust, you can't influence it's actions.

Those who thought the trust made the wrong decision, are a minority of trust members. Polls have shown they're probably in the minority of members of this board. Throwing your toys out of the pram and shouting loudly doesn't make your opinion right. Joining the trust and voting would have meant your opinions could have held sway.

I think there's just an inherent miserablism in some people. It's shown on this board - being crazy busy after we lose and quiet when we win.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 108
Stranger in the Park
March 10, 2012, 5:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -196
Gold Stars: 8
Thought--- If the club went down who stands to lose the most financially, JF -the Trust - or the fans.

Answer --JF   -SIMPLES!    

Get off the guys back !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 108
marinette
March 10, 2012, 5:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from aldi_01
the ...prude in our club has returned

Who's that then?  

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 108
sonik
March 10, 2012, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Dan
Throughout this whole process, and indeed before, the message has been simple: If you're not a member of the trust, you can't influence it's actions.

Those who thought the trust made the wrong decision, are a minority of trust members. Polls have shown they're probably in the minority of members of this board. Throwing your toys out of the pram and shouting loudly doesn't make your opinion right. Joining the trust and voting would have meant your opinions could have held sway.

I think there's just an inherent miserablism in some people. It's shown on this board - being crazy busy after we lose and quiet when we win.

Thankyou for a sensible post.  We've scraped a win today. Onwards and upwards.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 108
acko338
March 11, 2012, 12:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
How many fans can pull millions out of their bank account to oppose the way that John Fenty funds Grimsby Town - answer - absolutely none, unless you are going to win the lottery and let loose with your winnings!

The simple maths is -

1. John Fenty puts money in, the team plays on and survives,

2. John Fenty thinks - sod you lot, I've had enough, pay me my money back now - bye bye Grimsby Town.

Love him or hate him - it's his brass keeping this club going in the league again this year and now next year.

Who else would put their money up for next year?.............................................................................................................................any takers,????

No, didn't think so !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 108
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 11, 2012, 11:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The trust had not even set any clear aims or targets, How could they expect people to join when the trust has no clear aims.

What you have done is not what a supporters trust should be about and the Mariners Trust has zero credibility.

You're contradicting yourself in a way. If you know what STs should be about (and I agree with you on that) you should have been a member  and trying to get it moving in the right direction. It's not about others leading and then following if you agree with the direction. Should have joined and pressed for targets and aims that accord with what you think. With more people like you in the Trust we could have perhaps got it moving in the right direction.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 108
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 11, 2012, 11:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from tashee69
1) Let JF have shares and possibly getting seat on board = damned
2) Dont let JF have shares and try run football club without JF on peanuts = damned

Please make your selection now.  

2). Every time. Let's cut our cloth according to our means. I'm sure a club with our fan base can compete very well in the long run.

Yesterday I went to a game in Conf South where there were less than 400 people. The club is in debt but has a very active Trust as maj owners are working hard to keep it alive and clear the debt. Somehow they're managing to keep a semi-pro outfit going on a tenth of our gate. Its amazing what can be done. When something is effectively owned by one person most people won't lift a finger. Why should they. When it's owned by everyone you get a lot more effort.

Ultimately 1) (running an unsustainable budget) always leads to 2). Ask the Greeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Codalmighty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.