police station

This thread currently has 9,501 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Ofton
March 8, 2012, 7:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from gobbylad
Banter was all ever was!!! And the arrests and charges all refer to what happened in the ground..... Am intent on fighting it all the way with a firm not guilty, but bet I don't see you for 3 years as thus country is a policed state and justice takes second place

From what I`ve heard our lads are looking at the vid first and taking it from there. Was the cctv footage much different to the you tube clip pal ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 107
Brazilnut
March 8, 2012, 7:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Now i know you are all going on about what Ticker heard as Hearsay......but couldnt Ticker write down what Doddsy said to him.....then one of the defendants call Dodds to the stand and question him along the lines off ...after the match did you say "......"       if he says yes ...then it is admissable.....if he says no....you then call Ticker and ask him did Doddsy say "......"....of course he says yes .......and then Doddsy has to be call back for lying under oath

only a thought of how to get round the hearsay problem

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 107
gobbylad
March 8, 2012, 7:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Quoted from Ofton

From what I`ve heard our lads are looking at the vid first and taking it from there. Was the cctv footage much different to the you tube clip pal ?

No fella...... It was embarrassingly tame....... Don't really wanna give too much detail on ere but its less than intercourse all...... But am sure they'll intercourse me over....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 107
Ofton
March 8, 2012, 8:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from gobbylad

No fella...... It was embarrassingly tame....... Don't really wanna give too much detail on ere but its less than intercourse all...... But am sure they'll intercourse me over....

More than likely !!! Complete load of ballax  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 107
ticker_1610
March 8, 2012, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Well you know where I stand on the subject anytime!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 107
codhead91
March 8, 2012, 9:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from Brazilnut
Now i know you are all going on about what Ticker heard as Hearsay......but couldnt Ticker write down what Doddsy said to him.....then one of the defendants call Dodds to the stand and question him along the lines off ...after the match did you say "......"       if he says yes ...then it is admissable.....if he says no....you then call Ticker and ask him did Doddsy say "......"....of course he says yes .......and then Doddsy has to be call back for lying under oath

only a thought of how to get round the hearsay problem

No, you couldn't do that. How would you objectively tell which person was telling the truth? And I'm sure you can imagine which person the court would be more likely to believe. Only way hearsay is admissible is if the judge believes it necessary for justice to be served. Especially as you have to give details of your defence pre-trial, you'd have to provide a source for where the information came from. No way to circumvent it from what I understand of the area.

The section (somebody has written it out earlier on) provides the defences. One of which I think is that the behaviour could be considered reasonable, could argue that in football culture it is reasonable to use abusive language etc towards other fans without distress etc being caused. Although that might be a weak argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 107
toontown
March 8, 2012, 10:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from codhead91

No, you couldn't do that. How would you objectively tell which person was telling the truth? And I'm sure you can imagine which person the court would be more likely to believe. Only way hearsay is admissible is if the judge believes it necessary for justice to be served. Especially as you have to give details of your defence pre-trial, you'd have to provide a source for where the information came from. No way to circumvent it from what I understand of the area.

The section (somebody has written it out earlier on) provides the defences. One of which I think is that the behaviour could be considered reasonable, could argue that in football culture it is reasonable to use abusive language etc towards other fans without distress etc being caused. Although that might be a weak argument.

isn't that the point of the trial?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 107
March 8, 2012, 10:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from codhead91

Thing is its not a the old bailey with some top notch judge, we are talking about 3 local magistrates , now these lads are quite welcome to bring any witness that has witnessed ANYTHING that could help their defence so someone like ticker for example could have a big influence on any possible outcome like I say mere Magistrates not a law school trained judge unless of course they was unlucky enough to have a district judge which would possible.
Reply: 97 - 107
March 8, 2012, 11:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ofton
Howdo. Just thought I`d let you know that a load of ours have got to report to Chesterfield nick on the 18th. Reckon it`ll be the same as your boys. Its got fookin silly down here with lads faces plastered all over the papers and even on local news ffs. All for something that probably thousands of fans did at some point around the country on that day. Basically celebrate a goal !!!  

Absolute joke intercourse all happened in ground from what I've heard and seen on u tube, carnt believe it's come to this a bit of banter ffs like you say this happens wk in wk out, I honestly beleive if it wasn't for our tool of a police liaison officer nobody would be facing any charges this horrible little girl private is that totally obsessed with banning orders it's not even worth going anymore if yor the kind of fan who enjoys the banter as part of the match atmosphere, what makes me laugh when he came here he spouted in the local press he was the man to eradicate football violence here, well after all these years there are still lads who will always wanna row with a constant generation of youth lads churning out year after year, the satisfying thing is knowing he lost his personel little battle before he started.
Reply: 98 - 107
1mickylyons
March 9, 2012, 3:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
I cannot believe anybody expects any GTFC fan to get a fair trial at Chesterfield after what has been done there in the past and more recently Burton Albion pains me to say but your going to get a guilty no matter what.Dodds is a corrupt no good worthless soul who only gets pleasure by ruining fans enjoyment of a day out watching football there has never before been these levels of arrest at games involving GTFC when we really did have a mob and caused trouble frequently so why now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › police station

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.