This thread currently has 9,500 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
kamakazebear
March 8, 2012, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
Anyone know what happened to the guy who was arrested after the Lincoln away game and was looking for witnesses on here?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
Grantham_Mariner
March 8, 2012, 2:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,220
Gold Stars: 52
section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986:
"(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he:
(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby."

This offence has the following statutory defences:
(a) The defendant had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be alarmed or distressed by his action.
(b) The defendant was in a dwelling and had no reason to believe that his behaviour would be seen or heard by any person outside any dwelling.
(c) The conduct was reasonable.

A possible defence may be to claim that it was reasonable conduct concidering the harassment, alarm and distress caused by the 'HOME' fans (And Alfreton stewarding)?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
Billybigbollox
March 8, 2012, 3:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
the lad who i know who got charged yesterday said there was 3 lads who got charged he said on the  cctv there was around 20 to 30 lads who were doing the same yet they have not had a nock at the door
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
GTFC R MASSIVE
March 8, 2012, 3:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Getting stuck in at Burton and Alfreton is surely securing Town's boys reputation among the Hooligan elite?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
Billybigbollox
March 8, 2012, 3:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
the lad who i know who got charged yesterday said there was 3 lads who got charged he said on the  cctv there was around 20 to 30 lads who were doing the same yet they have not had a nock at the door
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
March 8, 2012, 3:44pm
Guest User
Shock that Dodds is being corrupt again. New rule put in place by Dodds is that anyone caught speaking at Blundell park will be handed a 8 year prison sentence. I would understand if they were major trouble causers but he is trying to get innocent people done. I fully agree that he should arrest the people being violent or being unreasonable but when he is getting people done for swearing I think it is ridiculous.
Reply: 75 - 107
semilapsedmariner
March 8, 2012, 4:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
I know it's not the easeist but if we are still in this shite league next season we as honourable fans should boycott all the iffy grounds.
That will hit their take and might make them think about the substandard stewarding.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 107
roundballovalhole
March 8, 2012, 4:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from semilapsedmariner
we as honourable fans .

i am not sure the outside footballing fraternity quite see it like that.  We have more banned than many a premiership club with ten times higher support.

I think we should go in fu(king massive numbers and see how they deal with that. . . . alternatively we could try and get back in the league!
Reply: 77 - 107
biggles9999
March 8, 2012, 4:43pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Out of interest if we are now banning fans for swearing (providing that is all thats happened) are we now going to be giving players and managers etc bans from football.

Should Rooney have been charged under a section 5 for his 'rant'.

All complete conjecture of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
mariner91
March 8, 2012, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,813
Gold Stars: 264
Is it actually a criminal offence to swear in public?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › police station

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.