Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What Rob Scott possibly doesn't realise ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

What Rob Scott possibly doesn't realise ?

This thread currently has 2,558 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
March 5, 2012, 3:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I find 80s a little long winded at times controversial, but always interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
brad_gtfc
March 5, 2012, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
He could do with shortening down some of his posts, as I feel he does make some excellent posts but does start to ramble abit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Paris Mariner
March 5, 2012, 7:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
80s, I too find your posts on the whole interesting but I'm not sure we're you're going with this one to be honest. You can't have a brilliant atmosphere every week - that's what makes it an atmosphere, sometimes it's just quiet because the game is flat or the fans aren't up for it that day. That's the difference between games in England and Scotland and games on the continent. We don't fabricate atmosphere's with someone at the front of the stand telling people hat to sing and when with the aide of a mega phone. It just happens.

With regard to us lapsing into old habits. I think you're a it harsh there. I came over for the Southport and York games and I thought, that we were nowhere near the level we were at v Cambridge at the Abbey. We were bound to get a result like this with the form we've been on. We're still unbeaten an all is not lost though, as I can see you're aware and I'm sure Shouty is too.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 23
80sglory
March 5, 2012, 7:45pm
Guest User
Fair points Paris, maybe you're right !

Can we fabricate an atmosphere ?
Probably not like you say (or if we are Mighty Mariner is trying his best !  )

I do think there's something in how we seem to go hell for leather for the illusive winning goal at times - suppose I just wish we'd have put them under pressure a bit sooner.

But yeah, I don't mean to be harsh at all - like you say it was bound to happen at some point and despite not playing our best, we were unlucky so the positives are certainly there.

Reply: 13 - 23
springstomind
March 5, 2012, 7:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Quoted from 1054
Where is the option for 'shut the fu(k up 80s glory, stop posting such long winded, multi-paragraphed, referenced bullshit, go out the hiuse and try and get laid '

LMFAO! Post of the year so far lol, i do love 80's though keeps me well and truely entertained at work lol

But to answer your thread i think Rob Scott is quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
80sglory
March 5, 2012, 8:03pm
Guest User
Fair enough not saying I don't waffle on but I'd wager a lot of people complaining about the drivel can't be bothered to read it.

Then again I'm one of the few who actually enjoys reading Fenty's statements.  
Just make 'em longer please John !  
Reply: 15 - 23
Paris Mariner
March 6, 2012, 1:07pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 1600
Fair points Paris, maybe you're right !

Can we fabricate an atmosphere ?
Probably not like you say (or if we are Mighty Mariner is trying his best !  )

I do think there's something in how we seem to go hell for leather for the illusive winning goal at times - suppose I just wish we'd have put them under pressure a bit sooner.

But yeah, I don't mean to be harsh at all - like you say it was bound to happen at some point and despite not playing our best, we were unlucky so the positives are certainly there.

You can fabricate atmosphere. That's how 'ultras' essentially create an atmosphere on the continent. I have a season ticket for Saint-Etienne and the two main supporters groups the "Green Angels" and the "Magic Fans" sit in opposite stands and chant at each other, for example, led by two blokes at the front of each stand with their backs to the play (yes, they barely even glance at the actual game) who have megaphones and decide what will be sung and when. They believe everyone in that stand should stand up and sing for 90 minutes but this is what inherently kills their atmosphere compared to an English one.

By chanting constantly the noise level remains the same and only the people who sit in those stands chant the vast majority of the time (I sit in another stand and nobody sings there). In England, it's a two way thing - sometimes the crowd gives the team a lift and the atmosphere builds up from some nutter deciding he is going to stand up and sing and if people don't join in, so be it. Sometimes, the team start to play well and the crowd get involved. The chants sometimes stays in the main area where the chant started i.e the Ponny or Upper Smiths usually at BP, sometimes it precipitates around the ground like v Lincoln or Salisbury, for example. Nothing is guaranteed, and this uncertainty is what makes it a true atmosphere as it allows us to distinguish the good nights from the mediocre and the bad. You need this. What epitomizes all this in France (or even Germany and Italy where I've attended matches) is that when the away team scores everyone continues to sing. At BP, Old Trafford etc you can initially hear a pin drop and then the abuse and ralling cries start but there's that moment which stops you. Also important. The Poznan by the Lech fans is fabricated atmosphere - is choreographed. A good marker is players opinions - foreign players always comment on the atmosphere in grounds of here. That's why.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 23
gtfc98
March 6, 2012, 4:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Where's the "shut the intercourse up you boring twit" option?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
80sglory
March 6, 2012, 4:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from gtfc98
Where's the "shut the intercourse up you boring twit" option?

Oh it's you.

The one who said:
Quoted from gtfc98
Have u seen the trust board? BigChris aside I doubt they could organise a urine up in a brewery

Funny cos knowing nothing about you, I had a degree of sympathy with you when you said it was genuine criticism - I wondered if it was true.

But after that above comment, I'm starting to wonder if Chris was right when he said you should refrain from making such remarks.

Sure not eveyone will like eveybody else but regardless of your view, can't we show some basic respect and acceptance of fellow mariners on this forum ? Even in the interests of unity for the club ?
I can live with the abuse(not sure if you're having a go at me or Paris) and it doesn't really bother me, but "debate" wise, it's getting a bit selfish IMO.

gtfc98, if you don't like it, I suggest you move on and find something you do like, job done !
Reply: 18 - 23
rancido
March 6, 2012, 7:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from 1600

Oh it's you.

The one who said:

Funny cos knowing nothing about you, I had a degree of sympathy with you when you said it was genuine criticism - I wondered if it was true.

But after that above comment, I'm starting to wonder if Chris was right when he said you should refrain from making such remarks.

Sure not eveyone will like eveybody else but regardless of your view, can't we show some basic respect and acceptance of fellow mariners on this forum ? Even in the interests of unity for the club ?
I can live with the abuse(not sure if you're having a go at me or Paris) and it doesn't really bother me, but "debate" wise, it's getting a bit selfish IMO.

gtfc98, if you don't like it, I suggest you move on and find something you do like, job done !

Have to agree 80's . Amazing coincidence but  two of the detractors of this thread , roundbumholeovalbrain and gtfc98 , are two of the rudest ,idiotic and self-righteous posters on this site.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What Rob Scott possibly doesn't realise ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.